• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe III at Perth, 5/09/21 - 4pm AEST

tragic

John Solomon (38)
P.S he won the French series with him.
3rd string Froggies vs ABs and Boks = chalk and cheese.
He’s not up to it yet.
His last outing against the boks was much the same as recent ABs games.
Time for a change.
Maybe give him another outing against the Argies

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I agree with tragic.
As an aside Kerevi expected to start and Quade in the zone. Surprisingly Uelese released with the return of Kaitu’u. No problem with him coming back but surely you would keep Uelese around as injury cover?

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
I agree with tragic.
As an aside Kerevi expected to start and Quade in the zone. Surprisingly Uelese released with the return of Kaitu’u. No problem with him coming back but surely you would keep Uelese around as injury cover?

I'm really hoping it's for a personal/injury reason, because

Mcinerney was called up as Kaituus replacement after Kaituu had been named - so hopefully he was released before Uelese
Fainga'a has been with the squad for a while now, including in WA but was never named - so hopefully he was released before Uelese
Lonergan has been there the whole time, named but overtaken by Uelese - so hopefully he was released before Uelese

So even in those cases, it puts Uelese at no.3 behind BPA and Kaituu.....

So yes I hope its personal

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Shame about Uelese being released, thought he was pretty handy and consistent when he came on. Locked down the scrum and threw well.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Quade in the zone. <snip>

It's great to see.

We have a group of fans placing Quade at 4 or 5 on the list of 10s, presumably working from Quade being below best since injury and surgery, not #1 for some time after, floating around in non-top-tier competitions, an absence of visibility on those games and his form. Add in age and a rocky early history some scepticism works.

There is another group of fans, contrary to subsequent claims, saw Quade working hard as a team guy in what turned out to be his last years at the Reds, then Souths, with Souths and Japan 2nd division possibly extending a career.

But no form to consider. Hence that view has to come from training performance. The media response from Rennie is skewed - simply because he is asked about it every time, and we see a lot of it, but Quade seems to be doing well.

It's not hard to see that Quade's primary job was to lead opposed drills to be "Kiwi" so the WB training has something to sharpen against. Add in mentoring etc. It isn't hard to visualise that role with Quade in opposed drills.

Its would be pretty bizarre to see Quade on the game list. But with JOC (James O'Connor) not back yet, Lolo probably locked into the #1 position, the call is probably Hodge v Cooper for the pine. The Hodge versatility is hard to displace within the finishers.

But man, what an opportunity for Quade. All the best bloke.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I agree with tragic.

Excited to see what Kaitu'u has. He was mint in Super Rugby.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
It's a very Foster decision: if nothing else it sends the message that ASav is his first choice 8 & Codie's not his first choice hooker. Note that it's for all of TRC, not just the game(s) SamW misses
Mind you he captain of Canes, but you would think that Codie would get rest somewhere before the Boks games.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
3rd string Froggies vs ABs and Boks = chalk and cheese.
He’s not up to it yet.
His last outing against the boks was much the same as recent ABs games.
Time for a change.
Maybe give him another outing against the Argies

? I might be wrong, but when did Noah ever play against the Boks?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I missed Hoss' selection contest/pole this week; thought it would have been postponed by a week as the game was. So, here is my prediction for Bledisloe 3.

Slipper, Kaitu'u, Ala'alatoa
Philip, Swain
Wilson, Hooper,
Valetini
MacDermott, Lolesio
Koroibete, Ikitau, Kerevi, Kellaway
Banks

BPA, Bell, Tupou, Rodda, Samu, Gordon, Paia'aua, Hodge

Reactions: dru

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Would love to see Digby running for the Quade inside ball again!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210828-182734_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210828-182734_Instagram.jpg
    756.5 KB · Views: 87