• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe III at Perth, 5/09/21 - 4pm AEST

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
maybe injure jordan and u will see fozzie being forced to play bridge at 15 and this can open up for australia (bridge can't play 14 thus jordie will be shifted there which means marika can use his speed to beat him everytime with ball in hand)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A couple of very interesting names on the Wallaby team sheet - two I don't think many of us were expecting (or were even in the squad)

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
A couple of very interesting names on the Wallaby team sheet - two I don't think many of us were expecting (or were even in the squad)
Can only assume you are referring to Waratahs' legend Sam Caird being selected after having his citizenship fast-tracked.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Wallabies team to play New Zealand at Optus Stadium, Perth on Sunday 5 September, 2:00pm AWST
1. James Slipper (105 Tests)
2. Folau Fainga’a (16 Tests)
3. Allan Ala'alatoa (48 Tests)
4. Darcy Swain (5 Tests)
5. Matt Philip (14 Tests)
6. Lachlan Swinton (3 Tests)
7. Michael Hooper (c) (110 Tests)
8. Rob Valetini (9 Tests)
9. Tate McDermott (7 Tests)
10. Noah Lolesio (7 Tests)
11. Marika Koroibete (38 Tests)
12. Samu Kerevi (33 Tests)
13. Len Ikitau (4 Tests)
14. Andrew Kellaway (4 Tests)
15. Tom Banks (16 Tests)
Replacements
16. Lachlan Lonergan (2 Tests)
17. Angus Bell (7 Tests)
18. Taniela Tupou (30 Tests)
19. Izack Rodda (25 Tests)
20. Pete Samu (10 Tests)
21. Nic White (37 Tests)
22. Reece Hodge (48 Tests)
23. Jordan Petaia (9 Tests)

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Decent squad with a couple of observations:
- Lonergan only gets on the field if we're leading or behind by 30
- The Queenslanders will be upset but it's worth giving Samu a shot - Wilson is yet to convince me at Test level
- No Quade is an absolute tragedy

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
What's your prediction, winner & margin?
Mate honest truth? Wish I was confident enough to make a prediction. I like the look of Wallaby team, and know how often the ABs have taken foot off pedal in 3rd Bledisloe. I certainly don't really see a blow out like last test. Not to bad AB team in my opinion, I suspect with Weber starting at 9 they may just going to try and play quick, and flat to the line. He has a better pass than TJ, so would seem they maybe don't see mixing it in forwards too much. Weber doesn't have a great kicking game so..........
I think ABs will win, but only think, and sure as hell couldn't even guess margin.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Well that team is getting there. Respect for Kellaway for keeping Petaia out of 14.

Aside from Longeran (who will come good soon), that's a damn good bench too. Wallabies depth looks better with Kerevi & Rodda home.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Decent squad with a couple of observations:
- Lonergan only gets on the field if we're leading or behind by 30
- The Queenslanders will be upset but it's worth giving Samu a shot - Wilson is yet to convince me at Test level
- No Quade is an absolute tragedy
Not sure I agree with you about no Quade, I doubt he was ever a realistic choice as quite a step back, Wallabies have to keep as much as possible to forward planning I think.

Tazzmania

Ted Thorn (20)
7 of the 13 forwards from the Brumbies, Dan McKellar influence.

Absolute travesiity of justice that there is no place for Kaituú in the 23 in his home town match.

Sure fire way to alienate the WA fans even more, given the Bledisloe crowds they have provided Rugby Australia for what will be the second time in three years.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Jeez - we are missing more "best possible" players then the ABS. Thank god we get Kerevi and Rodda back otherwise it would have been VERY grim, very grim indeed.

VassMan

Darby Loudon (17)
Would love to know Rennie's thinking regarding hookers. I thought BPA was playing well (apart from one lineout throw in the last game). Lonergan is good, but gets manhandled, I would let him develop more. I thought FF (Folau Fainga'a) was on the outer, was he even named in squad initially? Would have love to see Kaitu'u get an opportunity.