• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues v Reds

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You don't know the rules qwerty.
Donnelly purposely let go because he knows Gill should have released the ball once he came down to his knees.

No Donnelly slipped out and no Gill does not have to release the ball if he's not held.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Which call cyclo?
It was a penalty against Kaino, I think. They picked it up after the replay, but at the time were waffling on about something else. I just wondered if they get the audio feed we do with regard to ref calls??

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Oh dear Slipper. Lifting a player past the horizontal and driving him into the ground. Very lucky to get off with a yellow. I can see a bit of time in the stands coming his way.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Okay that will do me. Joke of a call

I didn't see too much wrong with the tackle, this isn't league lifting tackles are still allowed. It was 50/50 whether it tipped him enough. Refs will always side with the victim I think now but the commentators were blowing it way out of proportion.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Last thing the Reds need - their best prop maybe on ice for a week or three. Bugger.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
I have the commentary off because I am trying to study finance and he never goes above the horizontal. The player has his legs bent so they are in the air but if he straightens them he doesn't go past the horizontal

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I have the commentary off because I am trying to study finance and he never goes above the horizontal. The player has his legs bent so they are in the air but if he straightens them he doesn't go past the horizontal

I agree, I don't know why people judge the horizontal by the legs it's his back that matters and it was probably exactly horizontal.

Richard Graham sacked by Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.