• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues vs Rebels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Rebels talent on paper vs performance on field underwhelmed for many past years. I am gutted as we started to see some positive press towards oz rugby and rebels screwing it up with this inspid performance.
I understand what you mean there RN, it might not have felt quite so bad if last wek hadn't got some excitement back in.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Super rugby as a product ain’t going to be saved by cutting oz side (rebels) as the product design is farked…as designed by nzru (and some what Rugby Australia with lesser influence) with other competing agendas then this being the best competition it can be.
Of course it not RN, that ship has well sailed even if it was in harbour. There is no point in cutting any teams now that Drua and MP (Moana Pasifika) have joined as that would just add another layer anyway. Not sure who designed the comp, but it's good for you to have your little whinge mate, no matter how tiring and wrong it obviously is.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Foote should have been given the boot after 3 rounds this year, still useless. Even our wins have been average and a bit lucky.

Time to poach Ellison from the Crusaders as head coach. Then get a European defense coach and a kiwi attack coach. Parling can stay for set piece only.
Just checked final score online - congrats rebels from preventing blues highest super rugby score of 74 points being overtaken by keeping to 71 points (sarcasm for those who missed it).

Foote had strike 1 for early season dismal start now strike 2, another scoreline like this surely strike 3.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Just checked final score online - congrats rebels from preventing blues highest super rugby score of 74 points being overtaken by keeping to 71 points (sarcasm for those who missed it).

Foote had strike 1 for early season dismal start now strike 2, another scoreline like this surely strike 3.
He had strike 1 when his record was 0-5 last year, strike 2 was early season, strike 3 was loosing to Fiji, strike 4 was tonight.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Of course it not RN, that ship has well sailed even if it was in harbour. There is no point in cutting any teams now that Drua and MP (Moana Pasifika) (Moana Pasifika) have joined as that would just add another layer anyway. Not sure who designed the comp, but it's good for you to have your little whinge mate, no matter how tiring and wrong it obviously is.
Lol Dan you have watched super rugby self destruct and because your one of its 10 remaining rusted on supporters think it is best competition. You are out of touch and irrelevant and why super rugby for younger age groups has fallen off a cliff why ignorant traditionalists like yourself resistant to change hold onto the glory of super rugby a decade ago no longer relevant with where sports market evolved to for modern day sports fans.

super rugby will die in time with old farts like you. You are completely out of touch with what a modern sports product needs to be.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Foote should have been given the boot after 3 rounds this year, still useless. Even our wins have been average and a bit lucky.

Time to poach Ellison from the Crusaders as head coach. Then get a European defense coach and a kiwi attack coach. Parling can stay for set piece only.
And some players

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
And some players
Start with the coach and then let the new coach retain / clear out / recruit.

A new coach that can set a new culture and performance standard like DC at tahs. Tahs were a basket case for years so should give Rebels hope if can recruit the right coaching staff.

Thalium

Larry Dwyer (12)
Get a feeling Tim Sampson found a job tonight

Attachments

• 692CC1B0-DD02-4F00-A299-FB220239691E.png
    692CC1B0-DD02-4F00-A299-FB220239691E.png
    712.7 KB · Views: 85

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Lol Dan you have watched super rugby self destruct and because your one of its 10 remaining rusted on supporters think it is best competition. You are out of touch and irrelevant and why super rugby for younger age groups has fallen off a cliff why ignorant traditionalists like yourself resistant to change hold onto the glory of super rugby a decade ago no longer relevant with where sports market evolved to for modern day sports fans.

super rugby will die in time with old farts like you. You are completely out of touch with what a modern sports product
I could be as you say an old fart, and calling me ignorant (weak insult by the way) , you and I agree it can improve, but we are both still watching it,
And other difference is I don't have to resort to namecalling (even if it is weak) I would never think to call you ignorant (and even I know I am an old fart) when we discuss it. ;) :p But that says more about you than me.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)

super rugby will die in time with old farts like you. You are completely out of touch with what a modern sports product needs to be.
Would you really say there is a massive difference between the Rebels and Force player by player? The difference was (aside from Eden Park) the Force turned up whereas the Rebels completely capitulated.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Would you really say there is a massive difference between the Rebels and Force player by player? The difference was (aside from Eden Park) the Force turned up whereas the Rebels completely capitulated.
Literally didn't want to be there did they.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I could be as you say an old fart, and calling me ignorant (weak insult by the way) , you and I agree it can improve, but we are both still watching it,
And other difference is I don't have to resort to namecalling (even if it is weak) I would never think to call you ignorant (and even I know I am an old fart) when we discuss it. ;) :p But that says more about you than me.
Lol your post was dismissive of me so you don’t play the wall flower very well. The fact is we are the rusted on so yeh watch it but part of a diminishing minority which I at least accept. The fact you dismiss me and my views as “tiresome” says more about you then me. Let’s leave it there Dan as least whilst might criticise we are still here as opposed to large numbers of rugby followers who have deserted super rugby over the last 8 years. Better to be part of noisy minority still here then passive majority (who have exited super rugby for what we keep whinging about as the rusted on).

ps we will piss off the thread moderators who wanted us to talk about the game as well

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The Prophecy Has Been Rewritten
In Stone, In Tears, In Blood, And In Death.

mothermary-mary.gif

The GIFMakers will be working through
the night to disseminate and catalogue

The Sumptuous Majesty Of The Tapestry
Of Dreams Realised In Corporeal Form.

tumblr_78ea3696cbb0ccc5921f826a72a0be74_da5d33e4_1280.jpg

The GIFMakers, still reviewing the epic highlights and unsure just where to even start after all that.

Godbless The Blue Vortex And Its Prophecised
Light Which Emitteth Waves Of Pure Divinity.

tumblr_nz4bj9Xwin1v0ek19o1_500.gifv

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
The Prophecy Has Been Rewritten
In Stone, In Tears, In Blood, And In Death.

mothermary-mary.gif

The GIFMakers will be working through
the night to disseminate and catalogue

The Sumptuous Majesty Of The Tapestry

Of Dreams Realised In Corporeal Form.

tumblr_78ea3696cbb0ccc5921f826a72a0be74_da5d33e4_1280.jpg

The GIFMakers, still reviewing the epic highlights and unsure just where to even start after all that.

Godbless The Blue Vortex And Its Prophecised
Light Which Emitteth Waves Of Pure Divinity.

tumblr_nz4bj9Xwin1v0ek19o1_500.gifv
You been taking those blue pills again dismal

Status
Not open for further replies.