• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Jnr Club Rugby (U13 and Up ) - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Well here we are with another season before us and some changes on foot , that in essence , will see :

U13 and U14

*6 x Teams to a Division

*7 x Skill Rounds ( Seems like trial rounds to me ??? ) with these extra 4 games ( from prior years number of 3 trial games ) seemingly a re-balancer of moving from 8 x Team Divisions down to 6 x Team Divisions

*10 x Competition Rounds split ether side of the June / July holidays that will count for competition points and ladder positioning ...finals positions etc

* Finals Series

U15 through to U17

*2 x Seasons....Season 1 and Season 2 to accommodate GPS, AIC and TAS players wrapping Club around their School / Conference programs

*5 x Competition Rounds in each of "Season 1" or "Season 2"

* Finals Series at the end of each of "Season 1" and "Season 2"

So there you go sports fans

Here's to the 2016 season

Let the Pigeons loose !

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
I give thumbs up to the review process and delivery of these changes

Good job Administrators !

Re : The shortening to 6 x Team Divisions and stretching the trial / skill development part of the season - my initial reaction is that are a bunch of positives , namely :

1. It exposes more teams to each other that otherwise would not face other in the trial rounds , and so , ultimately should get the placement of those teams into their Divisions correct.

2. Without "competition points" up for grabs early it allows the boys ( hopefully with the encouragement of their Coaches ) to take risk and experiment - which ideally helps develop better skills and combinations

3. When the 6 teams square off in their allocated Division there is no chopping and changing mid season which historically has seemed to cause issues , in addition to which , it concentrates the competition better across all Divisions hopefully instead of having the bottom teams in each Division getting smashed every week by the top part of the table .

And finally .........the Season 1 / Season 2 concept . Does it keep more boys engaged in both School and Club Rugby ? That they can co-exist better ( together )

Let's hope so

King Henry

Stan Wickham (3)
Well here we are with another season before us and some changes on foot , that in essence , will see :

U13 and U14

*6 x Teams to a Division

*7 x Skill Rounds ( Seems like trial rounds to me ??? ) with these extra 4 games ( from prior years number of 3 trial games ) seemingly a re-balancer of moving from 8 x Team Divisions down to 6 x Team Divisions

*10 x Competition Rounds split ether side of the June / July holidays that will count for competition points and ladder positioning .finals positions etc

* Finals Series

Good for AIC rugby players.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
King ,

Yours is a good point re : teams ( at the U13/U14 level ) that have a fair representation of AIC players

Fresher down the stretch

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
And while on the theme of royalty .......for those of the truly tragic amongst you there is a trial U15 Gold Cup game on at 200 Queens Rd Slacks Creek this Sunday at 4pm

The inaugural Hubcap Shield

Logan v Ipswich

Bring a picnic blanket to stretch out on the banks of the babbling brook otherwise known as Slacks Creek before you saunter off to catch some Rugger in ye olde jolly Logan Town

What !

Allen Oxlade (6)
Can someone explain why an U8 has to pay $300 to play rugby in Brisbane?
Our club on the NSW Central Coast charge U7 $25 , U8-10 $80 and 11-17 $90.
Is the QRU trying to drive players away?

Supersid

Allen Oxlade (6)
Here is a breakdown of the figures for a under 14 player. The club has to pay for insurance, overheads etc.

Australian Rugby Union (Junior) $8.00
Queensland Rugby Union (Junior Metro QLD) $57.50
Brisbane Junior Rugby Union (U14 BJRU Junior) $0.00
GPS Rugby Club Juniors $234.50
Total $300.00

Allen Oxlade (6)
Here is a breakdown of the figures for a under 14 player. The club has to pay for insurance, overheads etc.

Australian Rugby Union (Junior) $8.00
Queensland Rugby Union (Junior Metro QLD) $57.50
Brisbane Junior Rugby Union (U14 BJRU Junior) $0.00
GPS Rugby Club Juniors $234.50
Total $300.00

We have to pay insurance etc to. I'm on our clubs committee down here. I can see a $20 or even $50 difference but $220?
How can anyone justify that as OK?

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
Good question. What overheads? Coaches and managers are all volunteers, jerseys are sponsored and only given to kids every 2 years. Shorts, socks, mouth guards and headgear also paid for my boys' parents. The club does not even supply water bottles and carriers.

Ipswich plays in same comp but rego is $50 less and includes playing gear.

http://www.rangersrugby.com.au/junior-rangers-2/

i am a rugby tragic

Frank Row (1)
And while on the theme of royalty ...for those of the truly tragic amongst you there is a trial U15 Gold Cup game on at 200 Queens Rd Slacks Creek this Sunday at 4pm

The inaugural Hubcap Shield

Logan v Ipswich

Bring a picnic blanket to stretch out on the banks of the babbling brook otherwise known as Slacks Creek before you saunter off to catch some Rugger in ye olde jolly Logan Town

What !

Allen Oxlade (6)

JGC...... Funny I already mentioned kids/parents getting ripped off! JGC is the prime example!!!

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
We do have a thread especially for Gold Cup related discussion, even though, I did throw the reference to the JGC trial on this thread for those in the neighbourhood who may have been interested.

It's on the Schoolboy Rugby forum

This is a Club Rugby thread .......just sayin........

Allen Oxlade (6)

JGC isn't a rip off. The fee's cover flights, accommodation, Kit, training facilities and insurance.
To cover the cost boys are given raffle tickets to sell. On top of that a lot of the centres are organising sausage sizzles, sponsors etc.

You have a choice whinge about the cost and expect a hand out. then use that as an excuse not to play!

or like most the kids and parents involved being proactive and getting on with it.

I'll put my money on the later group to succeed on and off the pitch.

Money.... That's the whole issue. JGC was created in an attempt to "mirror" leagues Harold Matts and SG Ball. The league kids don't pay a cracker to play their reps yet ours do. As for it not being a rip off, I know kids that've played and got 15minutes all up for their $660. Are we trying to attract kids to our game or just kids whose mummy and daddy are independently wealthy? I for one one know of five kids that left rugby and are now playing Matts and/or Ball as their parents could not afford JGC.

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
You want to do what?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 365
Status
Not open for further replies.