• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Junior Club Rugby 2017 - U13 to U17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
So what's the chat ?

Anyone involved from the different age groups at different clubs got anything to offer about how preseason is coming along ?

How many teams in the age groups at different clubs and what indicative Divisions those teams might be wanting to play ?

Discuss

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
Is BJRU still running comp? I heard the QRU ran it now. Website for BJRU seems to have not been updated for a while. No working link to game rules, and comp rules is last years? With the first games of season this weekend would have thought this would be up to date.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Hmmm. Confusion there was ( / end yoda )

In the U15's ....

The Helensvale Hogs didn't get to play the new look , suped up Sunnybank outfit ( as they didn't get notified until too late in the piece )

The new look Easts handled Souths without too much fuss

And Wests faced the hardest competition they will see all season in a game amongst themselves when the opposition skipped the game.

Onwards to next week!

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
So the 6th Wheel in the U15 Comp will be interesting

Wests
Sunnybank
Easts
Helensvale
Souths

And ......

Maybe Norths , Brothers or Logan ???

Pants off to Logan and Souths who have lost some talent but won't skip anyone and man up to play ( on paper ) superior teams

Helensvale too who are game to go against anybody. Sort of like the Knight in Monty Python's "The Holy Grail"

Respect.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
And welcome back to Jeeps top team in the U15's this season putting in an impressive display against an equally impressive Easts team in unimpressive conditions.

Some strong first up efforts from boys on both teams

Off that effort Jeeps can certainly lay claim to compete in the Div 1 Competition if they want to

Lute

Chris McKivat (8)
And welcome back to Jeeps top team in the U15's this season putting in an impressive display against an equally impressive Easts team in unimpressive conditions.

Some strong first up efforts from boys on both teams

Off that effort Jeeps can certainly lay claim to compete in the Div 1 Competition if they want to
Dare I reply,funny coming from someone who couldn't put them in the first nine teams

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Well it was unclear what the intentions of Jeeps were . Would they get a team together ? Would they skip certain games ? Was there more of an interest in other things like following the interests of some of the parents in the group - like in amateur photography ?

But good to see that they have just found just enough boys that have agreed to play ( although who knows what they were told or offered )

Again - impressive effort by the players on the weekend . Go well boys.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
The Hogs were very handy in an officially unofficial trial v Wests

There are 2 of your potential Div 1 Teams right there

Sunnybank and Logan seem to be sharing the wealth in their common backyards and both will put claims forward

Easts would seem to be a shoe in

And Jeeps are looking mighty strong after easily dispatching a claimed de-facto Nudgee Team when they played Brothers ( same jerseys and everything )

But what of Souths ?

Drum Roll through the Easter Break........

Chalkie

Frank Row (1)
Hello all,

We have just moved up from the Newcastle area and I would be interested to know how the Rep side selection is carried out? My son played Rep and Gold Cup in Newcastle. We are a bit worried by a few comments we have heard regarding Rep, like, "its not about how good a player you are but who you know and what team you play for". Surely this is not correct?
Thanks.

Sunny

Ted Fahey (11)
so... due to lack of numbers, teams the U17 BJRU comp has been canned.
very sad, rugby is really falling away.

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
Does the BJRU exist can we have an updated website with info re the season. When does the developement rounds end. When doe the season end. Etc just some basic info for parents would be nice.

Tall Paul

Stan Wickham (3)
Two great U15's games down at Memorial park today.

I'm not sure what Norths were doing in the 2nd division, or the div2 West's team either, I think that either team would be holding their own in the first division.

The Division 1 Jeeps team were a excellent against the doggies boys, leading the way for a good part of the game. I think a few reserves would have been welcome on the Jeeps bench, but was told afterwards that bother teams have some keys players out to injury.

A very close final score saw two well matched, very well drilled teams deliver a great afternoon of rugby.

Sunny

Ted Fahey (11)
SO....What went down at the U16's game in round 2, Easts V Brothers?
4 Red cards and a Yellow?
Can only guess the game got quite out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.