• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

British & Irish Lions tour of New Zealand (2017)

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
So the Lions end in a 2-2-1 deadlock with the NZ conference. The Chiefs and Crusaders (my two pre-tour picks for upsets) disappointed, but the other three sides were fantastic. Even the Shambles.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
You can see the Lions have improved throughout the tour. They play test match footy, importantly they're a huge step up on defence from what most of those super sides face.

Hurricanes need Coles back, big time. AB's are certainly missing his almost guaranteed throw at lineout.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Watching some highlights, the Lions players looked a good two or so metres offside for that first try off the intercept.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Watching some highlights, the Lions players looked a good two or so metres offside for that first try off the intercept.

Yep. I said exactly the same thing. Bit of a joke considering the off-side penalty he handed out to the 'Canes a minute or so earlier.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Is this the go to idiocy in NZ? Does it make you Kiwi rugby fans proud?

What an incredible way for the Kiwis to make muppets of themselves.

For the record, Canes v Lions, I just swapped to being a Lions supporter at 53min in the game.

Don't worry Dru it's the same idiot that drew the last one I think, you know the Aussie cartoonist. And why would it make me proud, I just don't care and you will find that it was probably an Aussie fan that did care and posted it here.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Anyway, what a great game to watch. It reminded me again why I enjoy Lions tours so much, and seems there was a stadium full of fans from both teams having a ball. Like all the extras like Dane Coles presenting Warburton with the Korowai before the game.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Don't worry Dru it's the same idiot that drew the last one I think, you know the Aussie cartoonist. And why would it make me proud, I just don't care and you will find that it was probably an Aussie fan that did care and posted it here.

I guess there is no end of idiocy and its not limited to NZ. The clown thing is old already, doesnt fit the Kiwi grace we are used to.

And yes a fantastic expose of why we should care about rugby.

sandeep

Stan Wickham (3)
this match remind me of many great rugby matches in history like england vs south africa world cup, new zealand v france world cup, odisha v west bengal national championship, reds winning super rugby for first time

the last 15 mins had me glue to seat

thecow

Ward Prentice (10)
Yep. I said exactly the same thing. Bit of a joke considering the off-side penalty he handed out to the 'Canes a minute or so earlier.

Didn't watch the game live but watched the highlights this morning. From my view no ruck was formed by the Lions, therefore technically no offside.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Canes Lions first try.jpg

It certainly doesn't look like there is a ruck formed.

Even without that, it's not completely clear the Lions backs at the top of screen are any further in front of the other players.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
No Balls, Gatland's got Noooooooo balls.
this x a million.
He's a lip-faced tit.
Wants to coach the AB's?
FFS.
SHIT SHOW.
He may as well hand in his NZ passport under grounds of treasonous activity and cart his moneybags sook-faced anti-NZ tart-tongued arse off to the phlegm-soaked Welsh valleys, never to be seen or heard from ever again.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Lawes coming off so early a pretty strong hint he'll start for Kruis in T2, which will really help them IMO esp if they also drop AWJ for Itoje. CJ Stander playing the full 80 (Gats only used three subs incl. Russell while Biggar was having his HIA) pretty much means he won't unless Faletau breaks something. Bizarre, that.

Here's some highlights:

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I'd take Stander over Faletau if the performances here are worth anything at all. I think Stander has more go forward ball-in-hand than Faletau.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
View attachment 9442

It certainly doesn't look like there is a ruck formed.

Even without that, it's not completely clear the Lions backs at the top of screen are any further in front of the other players.

Yeah - I didn't get caught up in it, I've learned not to let the refs calls get to me too much BUT given the call against the Canes not much earlier, I thought it was harsh.