• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Broadcast options for Australian Rugby

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well I'm gonna say it, first impressions of Stan Rugby are pretty good. Like a first date, she's looking alright.

She rocked up pissed to my date. 30min straight of "wait a moment fetching your stream". Its on now and through its a little jumpy the picture is nice.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
This thread :)
5ACC5CB4-FCFF-4567-B160-35BB98420582.jpeg

Harv

Herbert Moran (7)
One for the expats...anyone got any idea who might be carrying Super Rugby in the US this season? It's disappeared from ESPN+ .. the company says it has no plans to show. I'm sure the broadcast changes in Australia are impacting decisions internationally. ARU's "where to watch" page still list ESPN for North America.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'm sure it wasn't the red wine, but the Stan telecast got increasingly blurry as the game progressed.

A low tech question - I watched the Reds/Tahs game and simply continued watching the Force/Brumbies game.
At half time of that second game the "Reds/Tahs broadcast" stopped and I was unable to get a Force/Brumbies telecast.
What did I do wrong?

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I'm sure it wasn't the red wine, but the Stan telecast got increasingly blurry as the game progressed.

A low tech question - I watched the Reds/Tahs game and simply continued watching the Force/Brumbies game.
At half time of that second game the "Reds/Tahs broadcast" stopped and I was unable to get a Force/Brumbies telecast.
What did I do wrong?
Drank too much red wine by the sound of it.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)

What did I do wrong?

Stan was crying after the Tahs performance and wanted their money back?

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
The commentary in the Reds/Tahs game seemed to be making a big effort to cater for new rugby fans with explanations of rulings: comments during the Brumbies/Force game were more technical and analytical (except for the 'Oh mamma! call)
A result of market research no doubt.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
The commentary in the Reds/Tahs game seemed to be making a big effort to cater for new rugby fans with explanations of rulings: comments during the Brumbies/Force game were more technical and analytical (except for the 'Oh mamma! call)
A result of market research no doubt.

I think we might see that a bit with the FTA matches catering to the non rugby fans, whereas the Stan broadcast is really only catering to rugby tragics who have signed up

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

What did I do wrong?

Technically they’re two seperate streams, so you gotta exit one at the end of the game and open the other. No idea why the other one wasn’t available though. Maybe hidden in the red wine

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I don’t usually complain about tech but I found my stream fairly inconsistent with buffering and even dropping out, so much that I swapped to GEM HD on FTA, which was fine. I’m one of the few that never has issues with Kayo so it was a bit disappointing. Hopefully it improves for me.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Same, except that the extreme close-ups of the players after scoring tries were in and out of focus.

A big aperture on the camera shortens the focal range. So the person in the foreground can be in focus but someone a metre further back will be out. When foreground guy walks out of frame the background guy will be out of focus until the camera adjusts.

I think it had something to do with the high def cameras.