• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paradox

Over the last few years, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has really lost his tackling-busting and yard-making ability

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Over the last few years, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has really lost his tackling-busting and yard-making ability

That was never his real forte, he runs good lines, is strong in the tackle, defends very well, is very safe receiving under the high ball and is effective chasing high balls.

He plays that 11/2nd 15 role very well of clearing box kicks and working with the 15

P

Paradox

That was never his real forte

I disagree. He was always very effective at pumping his legs through tackles (great leg drive) and putting on the big fend (has a nice swerve/step as well). He's lost his mojo and is nowhere near as damaging as he was in 2010 (and before that). Last great game I saw him play was at 13 against France. Look up You Tube for his highlights. He's still a very safe player but just not as explosive.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I disagree. He was always very effective at pumping his legs through tackles (great leg drive) and putting on the big fend (has a nice swerve/step as well). He's lost his mojo and is nowhere near as damaging as he was in 2010 (and before that). Last great game I saw him play was at 13 against France. Look up You Tube for his highlights. He's still a very safe player but just not as explosive.

Well, he HAS moved from the Brumbies the the Waratahs...

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Hey guys, been a while since I posted. Gotta say I've been very impressed with the Brumbies boys this year: in particular, Lilo, Nic White and Sam Carter. All are showing enormous potential and have time on their side. This side is good to watch and look like they're going places.

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
Any word on when Silvia Silvia is returning? Hegs has definitely benefited form the additional game time this season, but I'm keen to see Silvia in action. He was impressive in the U20 games I saw him in.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Silivia Siliva has been playing for Royals in club rugby.

Ih aven't caught any of their games yet, so not sure of his status.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Now that Lealiifano is done for the season, it looks like the number 10 jersey will be a battle between Robbie Coleman and Zack Holmes.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Now that Lealiifano is done for the season, it looks like the number 10 jersey will be a battle between Robbie Coleman and Zack Holmes.

The way this curse on the 10 jersey is going (seems to be spreading south) we will be scratching to find one that isn't broken for the test season. Hope for the brumbies sake one of those 2 steps up.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
Gutted for Lilo was playing so well as were the Brumbies. Whoever Jake picks, I'm sure will stand up just like other players have this season.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I would think Holmes would be the frontrunner as he's trained there with the squad and played there in the trials...

Nic White and Robbie Coleman would also be options...

The good thing is that we have a bye next week, plus we have the test break coming up soon where there's a match against Wales.

So, they'll certainly have plenty of training time to establish a new inside backs combination and if it's not working out they can trial something new against Wales.

Most of the Brumbies' remaining games are against the other Aussie teams so it's important that we notch up some wins there.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Haven't seen that much of Zav Holmes. Whats the story? BJ, Slim etc... What are his strengths/weakness?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I honestly haven't seen much of him, but apparently he was a very good fullback in the Shute Shield... and was a member of our 7's team...

He is supposedly a very good goal kicker though... which might help...

If we're unable to put together as many tries without Lilo it would at least be helpful to have a reliable goal kicker...

Status
Not open for further replies.