• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
I'm consistently bad if anything.

Words are absolutely not the strongest item in my tool box.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Brumbies just posted that Christian will be out for 6 months. At least he'll be back in time for a good pre season.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Id say there is little chance that both Nic White and Ian Prior on the field at the same time since both are scrum halves and there is no real backup.

Holmes and Coleman can play there and Id say Holmes is the frontrunner at this stage.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I might be wrong, but I would think Zack Holmes would possibly be the best goal kicker in the team?

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Holmes was looking good on saturday against in the J.I.D in terms of goal kicking and directing play. Having watched him on the weekend, and also on the TV with the Shute Shield, he certainly looks like a player that could give super 15 a crack.

Robbie is more of a runner than a ball player however - having known/watched him for years, I'd like to see him play in the centres or full back and make use of his explosive acceleration and stepping. That said, I'm sure he would be more than able to play 10, and do a great job.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Nic White and Robbie Coleman have some good history between them won 3 championships with the Queanbeyan Whites and played together for U/20 Australian teams. I think they'll fire up togther very well rather quickly... Dont underesteate Coleman he is a very good footballer... these lads know each others game... and Robbie has played some matches with McCabe outside him also...

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Nic White and Robbie Coleman have some good history between them won 3 championships with the Queanbeyan Whites and played together for U/20 Australian teams. I think they'll fire up togther very well rather quickly... Dont underesteate Coleman he is a very good footballer... these lads know each others game... and Robbie has played some matches with McCabe outside him also...

true, but he is a big step down in demonstrated form from Lealiifano. It is a massive loss.

Coleman and Holmes are good players but neither is the physical threat that Lealiifano was this year.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)

But Coleman was at 12.

T

tranquility

At Queanbeyan he was at 10 I believe. He was also 10 for the Australian Schoolboys.

T

tranquility

Yes, and was nominated for IRB player U20 player of the year. I watched that tournament as well.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm just saying he's been out of school for a couple of years and the highest level he's player 10 is JIID

To be fair, that's where Jesse Mogg was playing last year...

But I'm not sure if Coleman is suited to 10 at this level anyways, but we'll wait and see who Jake goes with...

My pick would be Holmes...

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Coleman would go alright, but i've always seen him as a centre. His strength is his ball running ability, where he can use his footwork and pace. At flyhalf I think he'd get cramped up and start to crab across field.

I think we should go with Holmes, as he's also a great goalkicker.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Coleman would go alright, but i've always seen him as a centre. His strength is his ball running ability, where he can use his footwork and pace. At flyhalf I think he'd get cramped up and start to crab across field.

I think we should go with Holmes, as he's also a great goalkicker.

Agreed.

Coleman is potentially prone to Giteau style crabbing...

Unlike Giteau (in his later years), Coleman does have the acceleration and speed to then step through defenders...

Status
Not open for further replies.