• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tranquility

"Later that year, he (Tuqiri) apologised to Wallabies selector Michael O'Connor for putting a conversation on speaker-phone as O'Connor was being critical of Waratahs teammate Peter Hewat."​
Such a shit thing to do..​

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Confirmation that Hewat has joined the Brumbies.

Interestingly it states that because he signed after April 1, should the Brumbies make the finals he will be ineligible to play.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Confirmation that Hewat has joined the Brumbies.

Interestingly it states that because he signed after April 1, should the Brumbies make the finals he will be ineligible to play.

If Brits was aloud to play flanker in the Stormers' finals SURELY Hewit should be aloud to play in the Brumbies finals if it comes to that. Silly.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
BJ how much are the looking at playing him? Will he jump ahead of Zac Holmes and Robbie? or just more of a back up?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Has to be more of a backup. Doesn't know the plays etc.

I think it's more to add some experience there. Looking at the backs, the most experienced are Andrew Smith and Pat McCabe - both in their 3rd seasons.

The Brumbies haven't wasted anytime putting his profile on their website either.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Doubt it - doesn't have an afro.

he doesn't even have much hair anymore... he's welcome but its a shame he wont be available for the semis... its a strange law when he can play during the season. I think he should either be allowed to play all games or nothing... Brumbies did well recruiting a player like Hewit in a week… Force haven't been able to get one all season after sacking their pick pocket 10....

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Has to be more of a backup. Doesn't know the plays etc.

I think it's more to add some experience there. Looking at the backs, the most experienced are Andrew Smith and Pat McCabe - both in their 3rd seasons.

The Brumbies haven't wasted anytime putting his profile on their website either.

A week is enough to learn the important plays. We're not talking nuclear science. It's a playbook.

Perfect signing in my opinion. Experienced guy. He will be told exactly what is expected of hime and execute reasonably well. Look for the Brums to play a lot more off McCabe taking the ball to the line. Different line of attack but it should be good.

The Brums need composure and someone who isn't going to look to be a hero. Start Hewitt and ease someone else into the role for the finals. Can't think of anything else making more sense.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
If Brits was aloud to play flanker in the Stormers' finals SURELY Hewit should be aloud to play in the Brumbies finals if it comes to that. Silly.
Perhaps all the controversy around Brits playing for the Stormers last year is why this rule has been introduced?

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I would love to see Louden at the Force. The Force are really struggling as an organisation, particularly with recruitment. We need an innovative reformer to take over at coach. I just hope Force management don't fuck things up and appoint someone stupid. Like Chris Hickey.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
He started playing 10 for London Irish in 2008-09 IIRR, before he went to Japan, and was not the worst. He hadn't increased his speed much the last time I saw him. Gerrard could probably beat him over 40 and 100.

He played a fair few games for us at 10 in the year we (Lirish) got to the Guinness Premiership final. Was a good fill in at first and a decent change from Geraghty's inconsistent play but towards the end of his stint at 10 he put in a couple of shockers!!

Fan favourite in his time at the Madejski though, him and Mapusua were very popular!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Australian reckons that Robbie Coleman is the frontrunner for the 10 jersey...

I would've thought it might be Holmes as he had plenty of time there in the trials... and his goal kicking could be a real plus...

But having Coleman there wouldn't surprise me as he has a history with Nic White having being the 9/10 combination that led Queanbeyan to many finals, and he does have more Super Rugby experience...

Anyways, looking forward to see what happens...

Status
Not open for further replies.