• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Bulls v Brumbies... Smith returns to the centers Fotu stays at No.8... Fardy starts...

The Brumbies have recalled outside centre Andrew Smith to their starting line-up for their crucial Super Rugby test against the Bulls in Pretoria on Sunday.
It's the only change coach Jake White has made from the side that crushed the Rebels 37-6 at Canberra Stadium almost a week ago.
He's stuck with monster forward Fotu Auelua at No.8 for just his second Super Rugby game, pushing skipper Ben Mowen from his usual position to blindside breakaway for the second week running.
Smith returns to the starting 15 in place of young gun Tevita Kuridrani, who has been relegated to the bench.
Brumbies: Jesse Mogg, Henry Speight, Andrew Smith, Pat McCabe, Joe Tomane, Christian Lealiifano, Nic White, Fotu Auelua, Michael Hooper, Ben Mowen (capt), Sam Carter, Scott Fardy, Dan Palmer, Stephen Moore, Ben Alexander. Reserves: Anthony Hegarty, Ruaidhri Murphy, Peter Kimlin, Ita Vaea, Ian Prior, Robbie Coleman, Tevita Kuridrani.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
My bet is on Tom Murday, the 2m lock for Vikings at least getting an eps spot next year. He was invited by White to train with the squad preseason and even played in the starting lineup in one of the trials.
Murday would be fine for the EPS to start off with but Jake needs to give Hand's contract to a Thorn type of lock: to pack down behind the THP and be an enforcer.

Sure, there aren't too many locks like Thorn growing on trees but that's the type of lock needed, not a Hand, or Kimlin, or Fardy or Sigg type - and not necessarily a giraffe. Come to think of it: Power doesn't really live up to his name either.

Unfortunately Murphy and Speight have the two foreign spots; so Jake has his work cut out.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Why would pocock want to go to the Brums...White will just play him off the bench he dont like fetchers.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Pocock might as well get use to life in canberra as I expect him to move into politics once he is finished with rugby.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
As much as I would prefer he stayed there and the Force didn't just implode, we would be absolutely mad to not sign him if he was interested.

RE Vaea: He must be a priority signing, no? White cant be seriously considering letting him go? Vaea is about 21, Fotu near enough 30, you'd be barking to let Vaea go.

P

Paradox

The Force will implode of Bam Bam leaves. He should stay and keep captaining them.

T

tranquility

It will be the death rattle if Pocock leaves Perth, for many reasons.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
1. Alexander, 2. Moore, 3. Palmer
4. Fardy, 5. Carter
6. Vaea, 7. Pocock, 8. Mowen

16. Siliva, 17. Murphy/Sio, 18. Kimlin, 19. Fainga'a, 20. Auelua

I can live with that. Sign him up, let him get settled into Canberra, and then once he's retired we all vote him in as PM. Easy.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Force will implode of Bam Bam leaves. He should stay and keep captaining them.

As someone who is already captain for their team, and captain in waiting for the Wallabies...

I don't see why he'd move to Canberra to be Mowen's deputy?

T

tranquility

It would not surprise anyone if he did end up PM would it?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
1. Alexander, 2. Moore, 3. Palmer
4. Fardy, 5. Carter
6. Vaea, 7. Pocock, 8. Mowen

16. Siliva, 17. Murphy/Sio, 18. Kimlin, 19. Fainga'a, 20. Auelua

I can live with that. Sign him up, let him get settled into Canberra, and then once he's retired we all vote him in as PM. Easy.
I like that part nothing else though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.