• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
Pocock might as well get use to life in canberra as I expect him to move into politics once he is finished with rugby.

You don't have to live in Canberra if you're a pollie. There are 226 Federal parliamentarians and only 4 of them live in Canberra (5 if you include Queanbeyan). The remainder fly in for the weeks Parliament is sitting and then fly home again - the Qantas Club in Canberra is packed to the gunwales every Thursday evening of a sitting week with young Labor and Liberal staffers heading home, and their bosses fill up the Chairmans Lounge.

As for Pocock moving from the Force to the Brumbies, I suppose it's a matter of belief that the Force can improve and become a finals contender or whether he feels that the Brumbies are better placed to do so.

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Please Brumbies do not get in an auction for Pocock. I would rather he stay with the Force. Brumbyland better this year as the went back to basics. Good young and talented without huge egos.

Invest in Colby Fainga'a and chase the best avail 7 from the Under 20's. Probably Boyd Killingworth and see if Tom Cusack is worth EPS slot.

There still needs to be a decision on the fifth prop, whether Jerry stays or goes and will this be an EPS position.

Hooker I think Hegarty has to remain an EPS player because Silvia has a full contract.

Second Row is Fardy our version of Brad Thorn. Does that mean the next picked is an EPS. Even though Jake wants an experienced one, we may have to go with potential. I would look at Steve Cummins, Blake Enever or Stolberg.

With the backs we seem to have 15 players on contract. Four players with little or no game time Tom Cox, Kimani Sitauti, Cam Crawford and Zac Holmes. We may have to shed 2 or put one back on EPS.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
is Fardy our version of Brad Thorn.

No, nothing like him. He's your version of Dean Mumm: a club lock who can play 6 and in Super Rugby, a 6 who can play lock. Like Mumm, he can be a penalty magnet, though we haven't seen a lot of it in Super Rugby.

Having given that faint praise I've got to say that I have never seen him play as well as he is playing now.

That's probably not literally true: I have seen him play in club games for the Rats like he has been playing for the Brumbies, but that's at lower level - so it's wrong, but right, if you know what I mean.

But if I see him packing down at TH lock and helping to stabilise the THP in the scrum, acting as an hard bastard enforcer who opponents step around, and not getting pinged for tough guy stuff, I may change my mind.

A Brad Thorn type is exactly what the Brumbies need, but, since there's none around, he doesn't have to be a Brad Thorn to be effective: he is more skilful than old Stone Face on his best day, including in the lineout.

Scott Fardy could be your version of Scott Fardy.

P

Paradox

Just look at Fardy's stats. He's been impressive - tackle busts and work rate are very high.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Another 4 signings today:
Scott Fardy and Jesse Mogg promoted to the full-time squad.
Andrew Smith and Ita Vaea signed new deals.

Or have they???

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is Nic White re-signed yet?

He would have to be a priority... As well as McCabe, but he indicated he plans on making a career with the Brumbies...

T

tranquility

There is a very good feel beginning to happen at the Brumbies.. May it long continue

Wallaby Way

Herbert Moran (7)
BJ - Has Fardy signed for one or two more years? The Brumbies site says one but the article in SMH indicates two?

I understand the only off-contract players at the end of the season are Heggarty, Jerry Y, Palmer & Dylan Sigg. I'd be re-signing Palmer and Sigg only.

jauzy19

Ward Prentice (10)
According to the french newspaper Le Dauphiné Libéré today, hooher Anthony Hegarty has signed for french club Grenoble.

Is he any good ?

Status
Not open for further replies.