• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean Hyde

Allen Oxlade (6)
Good to have 3 of our most experienced players (Poey, Benny A and Moore) on long term contracts, should help retain the likes of Mowen and Palmer.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well, they're all obviously signed for this year, but there are some players off contract at the end of this season.........

N

Neil

Good to have 3 of our most experienced players (Poey, Benny A and Moore) on long term contracts, should help retain the likes of Mowen and Palmer.

It seems the good news for us Brumbies re signing both Alexander and Moore has been offset by the loss of Palmer to Grenoble in top 14 in France.
http://translate.googleusercontent....au-fcg&usg=ALkJrhgXJEbtXSRFBI0yR764Jt1zefdqrg
If this is the case, expect to see a lot more of Benny A at tight head this super season, which in the long run may be a good thing leading into the lions

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
^^^ regarding Palmer, that's a shame if true he's only 24. I'm sure the money is good but just seems too young for a capped player to head off shore.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
This rumour has been floating around for a while is there any confirmation?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
The website quoted is usually pretty accurate, and giving Grenobles meteoric rise in the top 14, the need to consolidate - and the strong brumbies flavour already there, it seems likely.

As per the Canberra Times photo today, I'd expect to see a Murphy, Moore, Alexander front row become the norm - with Palmer on the bench.

Jake Whites view on the matter would be interesting - by all looks the Brumbies look good heading into the next few seasons.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It seems strange that Palmer would make a decision to go to Europe now.

Surely waiting a few months to see how likely he is to be a Wallaby this year would be worthwhile.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Sully's right. This rumour has been floating about for sometime now. I'm sure I read it on the boards here a few months ago.

It would be a shame to see Palmer go to France, I do hope this rumour is untrue and he stays with the Brumbies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The word is he won't be be getting much, or any, of an ARU top up which means he won't be getting as much as he could if he went to France/Europe where tight head props would be like a pig in shit.

The fact Robbie persists with the Alexander at TH at Wallabies whilst mostly playing LH for the Brumbies should be a concern for Palmer's future.

I'm sure that when he went to Grenoble during his time off and spoke to 3 former Brumbies players there, they would have given it rave reviews.

T

TOCC

The word is he won't be be getting much, or any, of an ARU top up which means he won't be getting as much as he could if he went to France/Europe where tight head props would be like a pig in shit.

The fact Robbie persists with the Alexander at TH at Wallabies whilst mostly playing LH for the Brumbies should be a concern for Palmer's future.

I'm sure that when he went to Grenoble during his time off and spoke to 3 former Brumbies players there, they would have given it rave reviews.

Hmm thats disappointing, but you cant expect every player who displays wallaby potential to earn a ARU Top-up.. If he decided to stick to it for a couple more years and proven his ability, then he might have earned an ARU top-up.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
If Palmer leaves due to limited ARU top up when we just gave a big top up to Folau in a position where we have plenty of cover, shows the ARU have got it all stuffed up.

We are desperately short on TH props and may be letting one of our best prospects leave.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's a shame he got injured after the Scotland test. He would almost certainly have moved several places up the pecking order if he'd stayed fit.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
If Palmer leaves due to limited ARU top up when we just gave a big top up to Folau in a position where we have plenty of cover, shows the ARU have got it all stuffed up.

We are desperately short on TH props and may be letting one of our best prospects leave.
This.

So much this.

Status
Not open for further replies.