• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I don't know why people are getting riled up about Pocock's suspension. He has been suspended for 3 weeks. That's it. He can't play for 3 weeks. Simple. It's not a x number of matches suspension, its a time period so the discussion on how many matches he will miss is completely moot.

IMO as all suspensions should be. The onus should be on the JO to know what games are scheduled and to take them into account in the manner he sees fit to determine an actual date.

T

TOCC

And you're guessing it wasn't? You really don't want to see your idol fall

When people question your logic or ask for evidence on something you're claiming doesn't mean they are trying to protect their 'idol'. You've used this 'idol' comment a number of times now when people have called you out on your comments..

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Yeah, I am also starting to wonder if they tomato plants he grow in his veggie patch are really tomato plants! ;)

tomacco.jpg

Reactions: mst

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Am I the only one thinking people are getting a bit hysterical over this? People get grabbed around the neck in mauls all the time, and Pocock far more than most. Almost all of them are missed.

It's rugby ffs.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Am I the only one thinking people are getting a bit hysterical over this? People get grabbed around the neck in mauls all the time, and Pocock far more than most. Almost all of them are missed.

It's rugby ffs.

I dimly remember that one of the rugby admin bodies (perhaps SAANZAR) instructed the refs to clamp down on players using the neck as a fulcrum to shift bodies at the breakdown. If that's correct, then the same concept must apply to all rucks and mauls, not just on-the-ground contests.
I see the logic in toughening up on attacks to the neck. That's not hysterical, that's putting player welfare first.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
They did prior to the RWC, but have largely ignored it this year.........

I've seen multiple head/neck grabs in every match I've seen so far.

T

TOCC

It's rugby ffs.

Nah it's certainly worthy of its punishment, someone doesn't try and tap out for no good reason, that issue alone indicates that the grip around his neck was quite tight. If Leitch? didn't tap then the whole incident may have gone unnoticed.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Something I wrote about Poey a bit over a year ago:

I do fear for his future. He's going to be subjected to twice the scrutiny as other players, and you can bet that if he messes up in any way there'll be an avalanche of people pouncing on it as proof of his hypocrisy.

His first citation was always going to be a shitstorm of small men crowing.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Betoota Advocate are funny - it's just a pisstake. This is their bread and butter.
The Kiwi thing by Gregor Paul is cloying drivel of the highest order.
Yeah I realise that, I've seen other things that they've done. I just didn't think it was that funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.