• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
I'd love to know what the source was about the Fardy/Moore story. Can't find anything in the Australian about it, and Moore has already denied knowing anything about it. As far as I can tell the Brumbies have only confirmed that an investigation isn't taking place, which isn't confirming that one was being launched in the first place.

Suss.

Reactions: mst

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I'd love to know what the source was about the Fardy/Moore story. Can't find anything in the Australian about it, and Moore has already denied knowing anything about it. As far as I can tell the Brumbies have only confirmed that an investigation isn't taking place, which isn't confirming that one was being launched in the first place.

Suss.

502433b6a656c2213de7d35046338262.jpg

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Nic White should be on the phone to the Force as Mathewson much be near the end of his allowable tenure I believe. It his best option unless he want to join the queue at the other franchises.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Daily Telegraph if I'm not mistaken.

I'm referring to the source the Daily Telegraph used. I'm wondering if Jones agreed to a settlement under the condition that he make no comment to the media about anything, and after that agreement the board fed some pet journo a bogus story of Jones going after Moore and Fardy. He was then in a position where he couldn't refute the claims without risking his payout. And Moore and Fardy being so popular, it would somewhat negate the sympathy toward him. Really, what's to stop them doing it? Other than haha journalistic integrity.

Again, it's frustrating that we will probably never know the answers to all the questions raised.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Jeez the Fardy and Moore involvement sounds bloody interesting

I wonder if that had anything to do with the relocation (of Moore) to Ballymore ?

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I doubt Moore had anything to do with Moore heading to Ballymore....
What I found revealing was Bernie's explanation as to the recruitment process and that he did most of the dealing then handed over to Jones for essentially the formalities.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Don't be so sure, depending what the charges the AFP bring ASIC may get involved due to a failure of director duties.
Remember also that UC falls under the ACT legislation including the Financial accountability Acts.

I also seriously question how strong the confidentiality agreement is and how far it extends as there are formal investigations which override any agreement. The legal Eagles can squabble if anything in the investigation surfaces as the confidentiality agreement could be constructed as actions to inhibit the investigations.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
My bet is that nothing will come out of any AFP investigation that may or may not be ongoing and there will not be a peep out of ASIC.

It doesn't strike me as something that would cross their radar with sufficient interest or prospects to dedicate resources towards.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
My bet is that nothing will come out of any AFP investigation that may or may not be ongoing and there will not be a peep out of ASIC.

It doesn't strike me as something that would cross their radar with sufficient interest or prospects to dedicate resources towards.

Historically ASIC only prosecute high profile matters that give them publicity and to act as a deterrent to others.

Don't be surprised if they stick their beak into the matter.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
And with the ACT elections in October, it may yet get more attention and be subject to more questioning. With s new VC to replace Parker coming from o/s, he maybe more inclined to be less protective and have a different view on things.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)

Nah, I think you'll find there's some interest in pursuing the whole Griffith deal and what actually happened there.

Mr Jones would not specify what the anomalies were and what kind of transactions were involved other than to say the investigation was related to a series of transactions and agreements which occurred between 2009 and 2013 and were linked to the Brumbies' sale of the former headquarters in Griffith for $11.375 million and the subsequent move to the University of Canberra in Bruce.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act...referred-to-act-policing-20150924-gjttk2.html
The Brumbies specifically requested from the Government to waive the lease variation fee.
Apart from using the call-in powers, the government have waived a $7.5 million Lease Variation Charge – a significant loss of revenue we can ill afford. Furthermore, the Government is providing a $5 million grant to the University of Canberra towards Brumbies’ new building, a special one off $1 million grant and of course the $1.2 million annual grant and the $0.6 million payroll tax waiver. In total the government support in 2013/14 will amount to more than $15 million and then there will be the proceeds from the sale of the apartments in Griffith.

http://the-riotact.com/act-government-needs-to-lift-its-game-on-planning/108442

So take away anything dodgy with the board or Fagan and you've got the Government getting involved with waving fees and then giving cash to the UC/Brumbies to build a new building.

Looking around;
http://www.isccc.org.au/isccc/wp-content/uploads/Brumbies-ISCCC-to-Gallagher-03-12-13.pdf

The community at the time was requesting information on what basis this lease was changed on.

The government also replied and said, it's fine we don't need to have any framework as it's on a case by case basis
http://www.isccc.org.au/isccc/wp-content/uploads/Brumbies-Barr-to-ISCCC-08-01-14.pdf

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
ASIC just got beefed up and need to show some teeth and that are on the job. Where better than in the political backyard of Canberra and a mess that involves many elements, high profile and a walk start.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Nah, I think you'll find there's some interest in pursuing the whole Griffith deal and what actually happened there.

You should have a look where ASIC focuses their relatively modest resources.

This really strikes me as something they wouldn't go near. There aren't consumers involved and getting ripped off, and it doesn't concern an AFSL or phoenix activities.

The ACT Auditor General would have already dealt with the years in question where these alleged anomalies took place and I can't find any record of issues being raised. These are small amounts of money relative to the overall ACT budget of over $5 billion.

The Brumbies are a small fry entity, they haven't collapsed, there's no obvious criminal activities and most of the dealings in question are with the government which ASIC are unlikely to go near.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
ASIC just got beefed up and need to show some teeth and that are on the job. Where better than in the political backyard of Canberra and a mess that involves many elements, high profile and a walk start.

They've reversed some of the massive cuts that were put through the joint in the last three years.

They've got funding supposedly to dedicate more resources to looking at the major banks.

I'll be very surprised if anyone at ASIC considers this high profile.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
You should have a look where ASIC focuses their relatively modest resources.

This really strikes me as something they wouldn't go near. There aren't consumers involved and getting ripped off, and it doesn't concern an AFSL or phoenix activitie

The ACT Auditor General would have already dealt with the years in question where these alleged anomalies took place and I can't find any record of issues being raised. These are small amounts of money relative to the overall ACT budget of over $5 billion.

The Brumbies are a small fry entity, they haven't collapsed, there's no obvious criminal activities and most of the dealings in question are with the government which ASIC are unlikely to go near.

Well predicted Commissioner Braveheart

Status
Not open for further replies.