• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2022

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Updates welcome
Hooker:
Folau Fainga'a (2022)
Lachlan Lonergan (2022)
Connal McInerney (2023)
Billy Pollard (2023)

Prop:
James Slipper (
2023)
Scott Sio (2022)
Allan Ala'alatoa (2023)
Tom Ross (2023)
Fred Kaihea (
2022)
Sefo Kautai (
2022)

Lock:
Darcy Swain (2022)
Cadeyrn Neville (2022)
Nick Frost (2022)
Tom Hooper (??)

Backrow:
Peter Samu (2022)
Rob Valetini (2023)
Rory Scott (2023)
Jahrome Brown (
2023)
Luke Reimer (??)
Ed Kennedy (
2022)

Scrumhalf:
Nic White (2022)
Ryan Lonergan (2022)
Lachlan Albert (2022)

Flyhalf:
Noah Lolesio (2022)
Rod Iona (
2022)

Centre:
Irae Simone (2022)
Len Ikitau (
2023)
Hudson Creighton (
2023)
Ollie Sapsford (
2023)
Chris Feauai-Sautia (
2022)

Wing:
Andy Muirhead (2022)
Tom Wright (2023)
Cam Clark (
2022)

Fullback:
Tom Banks (2022)
Jesse Mogg (
2023)

Elite Development Squad:
Remsy Lemisio (prop)
Zane Marolt (lock)
Pat Maka (No 8)
Corey Toole (outside back)
Will Sankey (lock)
Declan Meredith (fullback)
Jacob Church (centre)
Siave Seti (wing)
Marias Jensen (outside back)
Charlie Cale (backrow)
Harry Vella (LHP)
Titi Nofoagatatoa (backrow)
Nathan Carroll (outside back)
Nick Chapman (scrumhalf)
Shane Wilcox (fullback)
Klayton Thorn (scrumhalf)
Syris Schmidt (flyhalf)
Massimo De Lutiis (THP)

CONFIRMED GONE:
Mack Hansen (Connacht)
Isaak Fines (Force)
Bayley Kuenzle (Force)
Reesjan Pasitoa (Force)
Reece Tapine (Force)
Tom Cusack (Retirement)
Harry Lloyd (Force)
Archer Holz (
Waratahs)
Solomone Kata (compassionate release - Moana Pasifika)
James Tucker ??

Last edited:

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
Might struggle to resign everyone there but like the reds will maintain a fairly strong squad through to next year.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Damn......... but I guess he has a few players in his way - might still be a long term fullback option if he returns in a few years.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
And he's Irish qualified so we might not see him back
Can see why he has gone as opportunity to get a start and of course bigger money. If Irish qualified indeed may not see him back again. I imagine from both sides that was extra attraction of choosing Irish pro rugby side.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Can see why he has gone as opportunity to get a start and of course bigger money. If Irish qualified indeed may not see him back again. I imagine from both sides that was extra attraction of choosing Irish pro rugby side.

Be tough choice if you not realistic chance for tests in either country, got a chance to earn good money, and he not counted as overseas , so will make his worth a touch more over there.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I feel both Lachlan Lonergan and Connal McInerney are good enough to be regular starters. I hope one finds a home at another AU franchise and gets plenty of game time.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I feel both Lachlan Lonergan and Connal McInerney are good enough to be regular starters. I hope one finds a home at another AU franchise and gets plenty of game time.
I think Longeran is your future (and Australia's) and potentially already better than FF (Folau Fainga'a). Admittedly FF (Folau Fainga'a) is young and can grow but I think we've seen his ceiling whereas Longeran is a genuine weapon.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yeah going to be some hard calls there, Longeran offers a bit more in general play IMO and the Brumbies also have Billy Pollard coming through who I would hope starts getting some experience soon.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If McInerney wasn’t injured I really thought he was going to take Fainga'a’s starting spot……….

I doubt the Brumbies will be wanting to give Lonergan up.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
If McInerney wasn’t injured I really thought he was going to take Fainga'a’s starting spot……….

I doubt the Brumbies will be wanting to give Lonergan up.

I agree. I would have McInerney above FF (Folau Fainga'a) and Lonergan was superb in the final.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Would be seriously happy if the Tahs were able to secure McInerney or Lonergan. If they don't have a crack (which wouldn't surprise me) there is seriously something wrong. A sneaky crack at bringing home Frost and Wright would be worthwhile as well.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Would be seriously happy if the Tahs were able to secure McInerney or Lonergan. If they don't have a crack (which wouldn't surprise me) there is seriously something wrong. A sneaky crack at bringing home Frost and Wright would be worthwhile as well.

Wright resigned with the Brumbies last year (i thought).

Derpus

George Gregan (70)