• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2022

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I assume he's just a direct replacement for Hansen, and probably won't see a lot of game time when Wright, Muirhead, Kata and Banks are all fit.........

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
If he's bulked up a bit and has more confidence in defence he could be a great option. Was always rapid, massive boot and good distribution skills.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
'My leg snapped': Brumbies recruit Jesse Mogg back to Canberra after 651-day injury

Doesn't sound like a great incoming player to return on a 2 year deal for a 32 who had nearly 2 years off with a broken leg.

Reactions: mst

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
If he's bulked up a bit and has more confidence in defence he could be a great option. Was always rapid, massive boot and good distribution skills.

'My leg snapped': Brumbies recruit Jesse Mogg back to Canberra after 651-day injury

Doesn't sound like a great incoming player to return on a 2 year deal for a 32 who had nearly 2 years off with a broken leg.

lol

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Very useful backup

I am surprised he ended up at the Brumbies, the only team with a settled Fullback already....BUT they may have offered him the most/ he may have connections etc etc.

But from a playing minutes point of view, IMO, odd.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I had the same thought as you did hence the post.

Yeah read about it today, wasn't aware of it, but the article suggested its healed up and has been for a while, and he still has some serious pace despite it. I doubt McKeller et al wouldn't have been aware of it in the signing process, and the fact they decided it was a good signing (which the Brumbies have been very good at evaluating over the years) is enough for me. He might not crack the Wallabies again, but unless he's fooled the Brumbies medical staff and bluffed his fitness tests, I think he'll be ok.

Certainly at least on the level of Mack Hansen, whom he's replacing.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think Mogg is probably there as the back up fullback/wing - taking over the role Mack Hansen was filling
Be interesting to see if Jesse Mogg has higher ceiling - pity not joining another side like say rebels given lack to fullback depth across super rugby oz sides

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yeah read about it today, wasn't aware of it, but the article suggested its healed up and has been for a while, and he still has some serious pace despite it. I doubt McKeller et al wouldn't have been aware of it in the signing process, and the fact they decided it was a good signing (which the Brumbies have been very good at evaluating over the years) is enough for me. He might not crack the Wallabies again, but unless he's fooled the Brumbies medical staff and bluffed his fitness tests, I think he'll be ok.

Certainly at least on the level of Mack Hansen, whom he's replacing.

I guess I loved how he use to burn up super rugby, but we shall see maybe he thought if he can oust Banks at the Brumbies its a sure fire way to get a gold jersey..