• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2022

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Good deal for Mogg, for the Brumbies I am not sure. Another poor signing in my view. Not sure where he would fit.

It appears McKellar has a thing for the past-their-prime players. Sad to see a opportunity for a good emerging player wasted.

Wallaby Way

Herbert Moran (7)
I was initially quite 'meh' on Mogg's signing, however with almost every back amongst the Oz Super teams already contracted for next year, he has the experience to come in as a stop-gap for the players mentioned above and do a sufficient job.

We need to remember that our 'B' backline is likely to be made up by a bunch of rookies. From 10 to 15 we have no backups contracted other than Murihead (assuming Kata is first-choice winger along with Wright).

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Yeah read about it today, wasn't aware of it, but the article suggested its healed up and has been for a while, and he still has some serious pace despite it. I doubt McKeller et al wouldn't have been aware of it in the signing process, and the fact they decided it was a good signing (which the Brumbies have been very good at evaluating over the years) is enough for me. He might not crack the Wallabies again, but unless he's fooled the Brumbies medical staff and bluffed his fitness tests, I think he'll be ok.

Certainly at least on the level of Mack Hansen, whom he's replacing.

And Mack got quite a bit of game time in that role this year. Reckon Jesse could count on some good time too given the incidence of injuries over a season or two.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I was initially quite 'meh' on Mogg's signing, however with almost every back amongst the Oz Super teams already contracted for next year, he has the experience to come in as a stop-gap for the players mentioned above and do a sufficient job.

We need to remember that our 'B' backline is likely to be made up by a bunch of rookies. From 10 to 15 we have no backups contracted other than Murihead (assuming Kata is first-choice winger along with Wright).

Which begs the question - just where are the replacements for Pasitoa, Kuenzle and Tapine going to come from? I assume Albert is seen as Fines-Lelaiwasa's replacement.

Will it come down to promoting youngsters from the Academy, or others from the JID? Would the likes of Corey Toole be considered for an outside spot? Very fast, good footwork, great balance when running and a try scoring machine in JID.

On the subject of JID, hasn't Fines-Lelaiwasa been carving it up lately. Such a pity he decided to go West again. Best of the lot we're losing imo.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Which begs the question - just where are the replacements for Pasitoa, Kuenzle and Tapine going to come from? I assume Albert is seen as Fines-Lelaiwasa's replacement.

Will it come down to promoting youngsters from the Academy, or others from the JID? Would the likes of Corey Toole be considered for an outside spot? Very fast, good footwork, great balance when running and a try scoring machine in JID.

On the subject of JID, hasn't Fines-Lelaiwasa been carving it up lately. Such a pity he decided to go West again. Best of the lot we're losing imo.

I suppose being seen as 3rd choice scrum half and 5th case winger probably wasn't where he wants to be.. I think he will be better then Lonergan in the end if not already.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I wonder if Mogg could be a 10 option?

Wouldnt think so, but never know as haven't seen him in years. In the past Ive read that Simone was the backup 10 so I would assume between him and probably Wright would be the 10 if we lost Noah..

I dont think we really have anyone else in the squad..

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
sniff sniff sniff

anyone smell a player revolt???

I had already called dibs on that one! ;)

Somethings not right. A lot of one way traffic out of the land of the young and supposedly abundant opportunities!

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
And Mack got quite a bit of game time in that role this year. Reckon Jesse could count on some good time too given the incidence of injuries over a season or two.
With all the injuries maybe Jesse mogg happy to play off the bench - may indeed be reason for joining brumbies...

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
2022 will be the final year with Dan McKellar in charge of the Brumbies before taking over the Wallabies forwards coaching role full time.