• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2023

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Bit presumptuous to assume a Queenslander dislikes the Brumbies more then the Waratahs
The chip on both shoulders of Reds supporters usually balances that hate across all teams evenly from what I have seen. :D

Wilson

David Codey (61)
SMH has both Lonergans re-signing on 3 year deals:
At the Brumbies, the highly-rated Lonergan brothers have both been locked away on three-year deals.

Article also hints at another signing:
And standby for the Brumbies to announce the signing of an elusive Australian back currently overseas. It’s not Mack Hansen but you’re getting warm.
At a guess I'd say it's referring to one of Hansen's Australian Connacht teammates in O'Donnell or Porch. O'Donnell being most likely as Porch has extended his contract into 2023 recently.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Irae Simone will join french club Clermont.

That is a loss for the brumbies. Yet again the challenge of retaining the top of the middle tier who ain’t going to get RA top ups. Who would slot into 12 for the brumbies next year. No obvious ones for me so probably recruitment needed.

Last edited:

Wilson

David Codey (61)
The loss of Kuenzle/Pasitoa looks even more painful now. I'm guessing they'll be looking at Sapsford or Creighton to step up from within the team, there are a few centre options kicking around if the want to bring someone in though.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
The loss of Kuenzle/Pasitoa looks even more painful now. I'm guessing they'll be looking at Sapsford or Creighton to step up from within the team, there are a few centre options kicking around if the want to bring someone in though.
Moreso loss of kuenzele who is a 12. Yes few options at other clubs brumbies would likely target. Edmed been discussed in threads as looking like a 12 option and been impressive for tahs in recent games where started. Could possibly target reds player as with quality of backs not all going to get starts (Henry maybe). Otherwise a case of if sapsford and creighton can step up. The latter two unknown for me as to whether super rugby ready.

Reactions: mst

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Don't know why Edmed (and Donaldson and Harrison) attract so much discvussion about moving them to other spots. Aussie rugby is short on No 10s and here are three who should be encouraged to play there and see how far they can go. Based on the past couple of weeks, I reckon Edmed might be the best of the lot in time, and wouldn't at all be averse to seeing him down here at the Brumbies next year.

As far as the 12 spot is concerned, it looks ideal for a return of Kerevi to the team where he wanted to move before going overseas. There were whispers a week or so ago about another big signing for the Brumbies bringing a name player back from overseas, Kerevi really fits the bill.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Don't know why Edmed (and Donaldson and Harrison) attract so much discvussion about moving them to other spots. Aussie rugby is short on No 10s and here are three who should be encouraged to play there and see how far they can go. Based on the past couple of weeks, I reckon Edmed might be the best of the lot in time, and wouldn't at all be averse to seeing him down here at the Brumbies next year.

As far as the 12 spot is concerned, it looks ideal for a return of Kerevi to the team where he wanted to move before going overseas. There were whispers a week or so ago about another big signing for the Brumbies bringing a name player back from overseas, Kerevi really fits the bill.
Thanks for the inside info Dan

mst

Peter Johnson (47)

Um, No, and no and no; defiantly not Kerevi. Lets not redo has-been's that cant. Reds have evolved far more since he left.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)

If brumbies got Kerevi it would be a case of Simone who?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Um, No, and no and no; defiantly not Kerevi. Lets not redo has-been's that cant. Reds have evolved far more since he left.
I don’t know…I would love to see what brumbies could do with a player like Kerevi as brumbies have a great track record of developing and honing player talents. He was also at his most brilliant best ever in wallabies colours last year so not sure good to compare him to his last sting with the reds vs wallabies as seems from wallaby games last year to have develop his passing and offloading game.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Imagine what Kerevi at 12 would do for Noah, or any young No 10 for that matter. Confidence of being able to pass on to the strongest running centre in world rugby. I think Noah would benefit a lot more from having a straight, hard running No 12 than another playmaker at 12.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Imagine what Kerevi at 12 would do for Noah, or any young No 10 for that matter. Confidence of being able to pass on to the strongest running centre in world rugby. I think Noah would benefit a lot more from having a straight, hard running No 12 than another playmaker at 12.
I think any super rugby side would happily take Kerevi as he made the world xv selection for a reason. Please make it happen…

Hogie

Herbert Moran (7)
Unfortunately not a surprise, Simone will be awesome in France. Henry would for me be the main target as he would be like for like at 12. Perhaps worth a look would be Piers O'connor at Bristol. Having another good season and can fit in at 12 or 13.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
I suspect the chances of Kerevi coming to the Brums are somewhere between Buckley's and none.

I guess they could move Wright into the midfield (think he played there a couple of times last year?) but I'd be worried the inconsistency he shows on the wing would be amplified in the centres. Maybe try Ikitau at 12?