• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2023

Hogie

Herbert Moran (7)
1 and 2 year contracts are the killer here. Rugby Australia need to look at securing young up and coming talent such as Lolesio on longer term deals otherwise they are priced out once the talent has exposure of first team matches. Underatand that with recent finances it has only been possible for shorter term agreements but something that really needs to change.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
1 and 2 year contracts are the killer here. Rugby Australia need to look at securing young up and coming talent such as Lolesio on longer term deals otherwise they are priced out once the talent has exposure of first team matches. Underatand that with recent finances it has only been possible for shorter term agreements but something that really needs to change.
The problem is that the players don't necessarily want long contracts.Unless its a huge multi year deal, it's more lucrative to sign shorter ones and renegotiate when it's over, particularly if you make Wallabies. If you aren't in Wallbies mix, then they chase what's on offer OS

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
The problem is that the players don't necessarily want long contracts.Unless its a huge multi year deal, it's more lucrative to sign shorter ones and renegotiate when it's over, particularly if you make Wallabies. If you aren't in Wallbies mix, then they chase what's on offer OS
The problem is as McKellar said there is not enough money in the game here to compete with RA budgets reduced. We need a better product which puts more money into the game to then enable us to keep the best talent and not lose them to league and overseas rugby.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
The players really hold the power at the moment, there is high demand for Super Rugby standard players in overseas leagues, but our supply is dwindling.

Fringe Wallabies know they can sign a 2 year deal, hopefully play themselves into a position where they are locked into the squad and then sign a longer deal with a top up.

If their form simmers off during those two years, at least they’re still a Super Rugby player and will attract big money overseas.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I might be a bit slow on this, but good to read today that they expect Frost to knock back the Japanese offer and stay in Australia. I think he still has some development to do, but a very good prospect and it would be very good news to hear he is being retained in Super Rugby.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Brumbies fans, what's your hooker pecking order going into 2023 without Fainga'a? I thought Connal was meant to be the future of the club but Longeran and Pollard are pretty handy.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Brumbies fans, what's your hooker pecking order going into 2023 without Fainga'a? I thought Connal was meant to be the future of the club but Longeran and Pollard are pretty handy.
Probably NOS Connal Pollard... But it will be close could be any order

whitefalcon

Bob Loudon (25)
Pollard looks to have bulked up a lot in the last 12 months but lost none of his speed. If he keeps that up he could take 2nd spot after Noss I reckon

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

Brumby Ben​

Former Aussie sevens star Ben O’Donnell is bound for the Brumbies after his Irish club, Connacht, confirmed his departure during the week. He will relish working under new coach Stephen Larkham, who gets his feet under the desk after this season.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yeah that was rumored a while ago.

Don't think he's really played much for Connacht over there. A little bit of backrow recently as a fill in

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
yeah that was rumored a while ago.

Don't think he's really played much for Connacht over there. A little bit of backrow recently as a fill in
1 game judging by his profile on their website.. doesn't strike me his going to have much of an impact.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
1 game judging by his profile on their website.. doesn't strike me his going to have much of an impact.
Let’s see if brumbies can take one back from the Irish and develop Ben to be a wallaby…ok maybe let’s see if can develop him to be a super rugby player…

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
White has signed for another year..
RugbyHeaven
The news came as the Brumbies and Walalbies announced halfback Nic White’s one-year extension and car maker Land Rover extended its partnership with the Wallabies and captain Michael Hooper.