• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2023

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Yeah it's been known for a while he's off at the end of the year, and they throw the kitchen sink at him.

Hard to knock back $2.8m, the git law has changed so much over the last 2 years it may tweek again for the RWC. Take the money chance your self to be 1 of the 3 & prey like hell Kerevi signs a futures contract with RA

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Hopefully the Force????

Pure speculation from me
Makes sense. He's been in good form but will always get rotated with Slipper. If he wants a tilt at the WC he might see starting for the Force all the time his best chance of getting in gold

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Could go to QLD, where he would start as well, and play with Tupou
Yeah, I bought this up in the Reds thread. If he's chasing a world cup spot QLD is probably his best bet, otherwise it's likely England or Japan for money.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
This forum would go into Meltdown if Rennie used one of his 3 picks to bring back Banks... I hope it happens.
Why do you think that? He isn't a contentious player, just a bit 'meh' and hasn't taken his opportunities at test level when offered.
If he is brought back, which i doubt, I'd assume its because one(or a few) of the other leading candidates to return is out injured.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Why do you think that? He isn't a contentious player, just a bit 'meh' and hasn't taken his opportunities at test level when offered.
If he is brought back, which i doubt, I'd assume its because one(or a few) of the other leading candidates to return is out injured.
Really.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
The 2023 brums back line is prob the most under discussed topic going around

What happens at 12, does Len move in, does Husdon get a crack, does Bernie chase someone from outside?

Does Tom Wright go to FB or does Jesse Mogg get it.

Is this a great time to get Corey Toole in?

The back 5 has been very very solid this year & there is going to be some big holes to fill. I will never write the brums off but its a big re generation with the 4 leaving plus the coach.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Banks was firming as favourite for starting fullback in France for a world cup, shame.
For 1.4m banks should not give a shit as frankly he was never quite the unanimous choice for fullback as never quite convincing…take the 1.4m and run for the hills I say.

Reactions: mst

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Hopefully the Force????

Pure speculation from me
Completely agree - if going to lose Sio would rather it be to another oz franchise then overseas. Be good pickup for the force who desperately need more props (oh and locks, centres etc)…

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
The 2023 brums back line is prob the most under discussed topic going around

What happens at 12, does Len move in, does Husdon get a crack, does Bernie chase someone from outside?

Does Tom Wright go to FB or does Jesse Mogg get it.

Is this a great time to get Corey Toole in?

The back 5 has been very very solid this year & there is going to be some big holes to fill. I will never write the brums off but its a big re generation with the 4 leaving plus the coach.

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
Great to see Corey Toole win a 2 year contract. The 7’s isn’t the easiest rugby to find on Pay tv and watch however have been impressed with him all year from what I have seen. Not the biggest player however has some serious wheels. Hopefully he makes the step up to 15’s rugby, he is an excitement machine.