• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2023

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Didn't play much for Connacht at all, not sure if injured but certainly not as successful as Porch was/is.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Probably better at 7s than Pietsch and look how he's coming on for the Tahs. If it's true he's been playing a bit of back row overseas, I reckon he'll have the size and talent to make it at Super Rugby level. Especially with the development program at the Brumbies.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Probably better at 7s than Pietsch and look how he's coming on for the Tahs. If it's true he's been playing a bit of back row overseas, I reckon he'll have the size and talent to make it at Super Rugby level. Especially with the development program at the Brumbies.

It’s an unknown to be fair, Henry Hutchinson was better then Pietsch at 7s but struggled in 15s. I would have thought BOD would get more time at Conacht then he did, based on his 7s form

Last edited:

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Pietsch had the size to make it in 15s though, not sure BOD does (or Hutchison had).
He's listed at 6'2 and 92kg which is an avg to slightly above avg back 3 player. Pietsch 6ft and 95kg. Pietsch is showing quite a good all round game coming through as well. His days of playing 8 definitely help him in contact.

When you wrote BOD all I could think of was O'Driscoll though

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
With the (imminent or actual?) signing of Jack Debreczini, the roster looks just about set for 2023. I reckon Jack will be used as the starting No 15 with Jesse Mogg covering both fullback and wing off the bench.

It looks like the best 23 would be :

1 Slipper (Wallaby)
2 Lonergan (Wallaby)
3 Ala'alatoa (Wallaby)
4 Swain (Wallaby)
5 Neville (Wallaby)
6 Valetini (Wallaby)
7 Brown (Wallaby prospect)
8 Samu (Wallaby)
9 White (Wallaby)
10 Lolesio (Wallaby)
11 Muirhead (proven Super Rugby player)
12 Creighton (WIP)
13 Ikitau (Wallaby)
14 Wright (Wallaby)
15 Debreczini (proven Super Rugby player)

16 Pollard (Wallaby prospect)
17 Kaihea (WIP)
18 Kautai (WIP)
19 Frost (Wallaby)
20 Reimer (WIP)
21 Lonergan (Wallaby prospect)
22 Sapsford (WIP)
23 Mogg (ex-Wallaby)

Others :
McInerney (Wallaby)
Ross (WIP)
Hooper (Wallaby prospect)
Kennedy (WIP)
Scott (WIP)
O'Donnell (WIP)

Will be among the top again when the whips are cracking, I reckon.