• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2023

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A wonderful 7s player. As Henry Hutchison was when he similarly burst onto the World 7s stage. Before he opted to go and give XVs, at Super Rugby level, a go.

Hopefully Toole’s attempt fairs better.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
The 2023 brums back line is prob the most under discussed topic going around

What happens at 12, does Len move in, does Husdon get a crack, does Bernie chase someone from outside?

Does Tom Wright go to FB or does Jesse Mogg get it.

Is this a great time to get Corey Toole in?

The back 5 has been very very solid this year & there is going to be some big holes to fill. I will never write the brums off but its a big re generation with the 4 leaving plus the coach.
Utilising what they have now, Creighton or Sapsford to 12, Wright to 15. Clarke on the wing. CFS is still an unknown but mainly wing, Mogg as 15 cover. Toole sounds like a wing option.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
For 1.4m banks should not give a shit as frankly he was never quite the unanimous choice for fullback as never quite convincing…take the 1.4m and run for the hills I say.
Yeah, but who is the candidate? Campbell? There's no fullback with international experience like him

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Great to see Corey Toole win a 2 year contract. The 7’s isn’t the easiest rugby to find on Pay tv and watch however have been impressed with him all year from what I have seen. Not the biggest player however has some serious wheels. Hopefully he makes the step up to 15’s rugby, he is an excitement machine.
Corey is short but he's muscular. He isn't the typical skinny 7s player who can't stay in the field at XV

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Utilising what they have now, Creighton or Sapsford to 12, Wright to 15. Clarke on the wing. CFS is still an unknown but mainly wing, Mogg as 15 cover. Toole sounds like a wing option.
If ever confident of a side regeneration it is the brumbies player recruitment and development factory. I love the Brumbies skills in developing and pulling though talent. If could recreate this at other oz rugby franchises would be happy…

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Calling it now, rebels with through everything we have at Kerevi the reds will play the come home card, the tahs will put up the we are on the way up, the force will give him a free pair of rm williams, he'll end up at the brums you guys will keep doing what you always do & i'll continue to drive an hour & a half home after every game frustrated wondering if we'll ever be competitive

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Brumbies fans, with Longeran & Pollard both so young, what's your predicted, long term pecking order for them?

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
I suspect Pollard may end being the better player but we’ll struggle to hang on to both of them, and Lonergan might be the one we end up keeping, being a local and with his brother in the team.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Brumbies may choose to give Samu more time at 7 to accommodate both Hooper and Valetini in the backrow, but if Samu heads overseas when his current contract finishes after the RWC I expect Hooper/Reimer/Valetini will be the first choice backrow....

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I'd have Jahrome Brown in front of Reimer TBH...

Depends what you want from your 7. Reimer an out and out fetcher. I feel Brown is average at winning turnovers but he's just so great into contact and doing the physical stuff. I see Brown as a 6/7 and Reimer solely an openside.