• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2023

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Imagine what Kerevi at 12 would do for Noah, or any young No 10 for that matter. Confidence of being able to pass on to the strongest running centre in world rugby. I think Noah would benefit a lot more from having a straight, hard running No 12 than another playmaker at 12.

Having Kerevi in any Aussie Super Rugby team would be great.

But I am not sure he does wonders for developing flyhalves. All they have to do is pass him the ball. Could slot Slipper into flyhalf and get the same result. The Reds struggled to develop any 10s when Kerevi was the focal point of the attack.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Having Kerevi in any Aussie Super Rugby team would be great.

But I am not sure he does wonders for developing flyhalves. All they have to do is pass him the ball. Could slot Slipper into flyhalf and get the same result. The Reds struggled to develop any 10s when Kerevi was the focal point of the attack.
You joke but I always thought if Slipper was born in a slightly different body he'd make a ripper flyhalf.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Fainga'a heading to the Force next year, and Banks reportedly close to a Japan contract

Great Folau heading to Force. Wonder why given number 1 hooker at brumbies. But given hooker depth at brumbies this is good. Banks to Japan - well does not say he is confident of holding onto wallaby fullback position!

Edit - just read the article - if offered $1m I can see why banks would (and probably should) take the Japan offer.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
At least FF (Folau Fainga'a) (Folau Fainga'a)'s staying in Oz.. shame if Banks leaves really coming into his own.
1 year contract though…2023 world cup… presume as only wanted 1 year contract moved to the force. Can understand good business for all parties.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Great Folau heading to Force. Wonder why given number 1 hooker at Brumbies? But given hooker depth at Brumbies this is good.

Good to see some common sense breaking out, too many hookers at the Brumbies. Now we have to pray another Super side snags one of the Tahs 10s; it's not good for either them or Oz rugby to camped in the same team when other sides need a five-eight.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Good to see some common sense breaking out, too many hookers at the Brumbies. Now we have to pray another Super side snags one of the Tahs 10s; it's not good for either them or Oz rugby to camped in the same team when other sides need a five-eight.
IMO Edmed would be a great pick up for the Brumbies. Capable 10/12. Off contract.

Stewart off contract in QLD. Creighton's brother as well. Any would be good pick ups.

Wouldn't be surprised to see 2 of these 3 end up there next year unless they manage to get an experienced 10/12 from overseas back.

Alex Ross (28)
O’Connor and Lynagh at the Reds
To'omua and Gordon at the Rebels
Pasitoa and Kunzele at the Force

Only Lolesio at the Brumbies really. But the Brumbies have gone all in on him so there would be a risk going there.

I don’t think any of the Tah 10’s should go anywhere till 2024 at least when O’Connor and To'omua move on. They are unlikely to be any better off than where they are now. 2024 will open up more options.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
O’Connor and Lynagh at the Reds
To'omua and Gordon at the Rebels
Pasitoa and Kunzele at the Force

Only Lolesio at the Brumbies really. But the Brumbies have gone all in on him so there would be a risk going there.

I don’t think any of the Tah 10’s should go anywhere till 2024 at least when O’Connor and To'omua move on. They are unlikely to be any better off than where they are now. 2024 will open up more options.
Parata at the Force too.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
It would definitely make the overseas selections for the Wallabies interesting if they both went over, per the new ‘3 players only’ rule.

But as I’ve said many times this year, I think it’s inevitable this is going to start happening more. And the Wallabies will end up making selections for the RWC open slather to simply select the best team possible.

Tah Man

Larry Dwyer (12)
It would definitely make the overseas selections for the Wallabies interesting if they both went over, per the new ‘3 players only’ rule.

But as I’ve said many times this year, I think it’s inevitable this is going to start happening more. And the Wallabies will end up making selections for the RWC open slather to simply select the best team possible.

I think if it was open slather re overseas selection White would be in RWC squad. Although a big season from Lonergan or Fines Leleiwasa who both certainly have it in them could see him miss out.

Banks and Lolesio however don't have the runs on the board to be demanding test selection and it would be hard to get a guage on their form/development playing in the top league. It's very hard to see them going to France if they leave

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Banks and Lolesio however don't have the runs on the board to be demanding test selection and it would be hard to get a guage on their form/development playing in the top league. It's very hard to see them going to France if they leave
Don't be so sure. Personally, I agree with you. But lets not forget Quade was picked from 2nd division Japanese league after playing a mediocre season of club rugby in Brisbane. He ended up going pretty well!

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Don't be so sure. Personally, I agree with you. But lets not forget Quade was picked from 2nd division Japanese league after playing a mediocre season of club rugby in Brisbane. He ended up going pretty well!
Pretty unique set of circumstances that led up to that though. He was in Qld on his off season and joined the squad to run opposition based on his style being closer to the Kiwi 10s. From there he trained so well he convinced Rennie to give him a shot. It also helped he’d had about 6-7 weeks training with the squad before his first game. Also, O’Connor was injured and Lolesio had just been found a bit short v the Kiwis with no other real options in the squad.

Then the prodigal son kicked himself to glory.

Would make a good movie.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

It'll be open slather completely within 10 years. I'd bet a whole $10 on it.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Any thoughts on McKellar moving on and Larkham incoming having any impact on the player movements?