• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2023

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Creighton definitely looked good for Australia A, but I'm pretty sure he was playing 13, Foketi was at 12 for both of his games.
Ahhhh didn't realise.. I don't think we will move Lenny. So Sapsford, Creighton or Deberzine

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Brumbies A team gonna be unstoppable. A lot of signings with Debreczini, Toole, O'Donnell.

Could be very smart with the potential for resting players in the lead up to the RWC

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
1663740244649.png

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
I am intrigued by most of the Brumbies Replacements
Blake Schoupp I assume Hooker and fighting to replace Folau Fainga'a as the 4th choice

Does anyone no the stories of these 4 in Hugh Bell, Jon Toelupe, Max Kearns and Jeriah Mua

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I am intrigued by most of the Brumbies Replacements
Blake Schoupp I assume Hooker and fighting to replace Folau Fainga'a as the 4th choice

Does anyone no the stories of these 4 in Hugh Bell, Jon Toelupe, Max Kearns and Jeriah Mua
In the Wallabies?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Some thoughts on the match between the Brumbies and Waratahs development sides :

Conditions were just about perfect for rugby, around 17 degrees with a few passing showers; little wind.

Ground was in excellent condition. Quite a good crowd for a game of this nature.

In the best tradition, it was a game of two halves. Brumbies dominant in the first half while the Tahs finished on top. Final score I think was 21 - 19 to Brumbies; three tries each with one missed conversion on full time by the Tahs. May have been 28 - 26 with four tries each.

The game itself was at a pretty high standard with the Brumbies more focused on winning the battle in the middle and the Tahs using the width of the field. By agreement between the sides, time limits applied to scrums, lineouts and penalty kicks and conversions. No instances that I saw where a team forfeited possession due to tardiness.

Some notable performances. Debreczini was cool as a cucumber in the 10 spot, tackled hard and generally dictated play while he was on. Corey Toole scored a try from a well placed cross field kick by Debreczini, and had one electrifying run. Declan Meredith looked the goods at 15 and showed he has a good kicking game as well as being able to run the ball when an opportunity presented. Charlie Cale was impressive in his time at No 8. A tall and rangy player.

For the Tahs, I thought Jack Bowen was excellent at 10 and took control of the game after Debreczini left the field. Tahs certainly have some express speed on the wings too, wingers accounting for a couple of tries. The 13, Mosese Tuipolutu (?) was outstanding with straight, hard running and generally putting the Brumbies backline defence under pressure.

Otherwise, Brumbies had the stronger scrum, Tahs won the lineout battle and overall the two sides were evenly matched.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Draw for 2023 Super Rugby Pacifica :

Friday 24 February, 7.35pm, Waratahs, Allianz Stadium Sydney.

Sunday 5 March, 2.00pm, Blues, AAMI Park Melbourne.

Saturday 11 March, 7.45pm, Reds, GIO Stadium Canberra.

Saturday 18 March, 7.45pm, Moana Pacifica, GIO Stadium Canberra.

Friday 24 March, 5.05pm AEDT, Crusaders, Orangetheory Stadium Christchurch.

Saturday 1 April, 7.45pm, Waratahs, GIO Stadium Canberra.

Friday 7 April, 7.35pm, Reds, Suncorp Stadium Brisbane.

Friday 14 April, 7.35pm, Fiji Drua, Gio Stadium Canberra.

Round 9, Bye.

Friday 28 April, 5.05pm AEST, Hurricanes, Sky Stadium Wellington.

Sunday 7 May, 2.35pm, Rebels, AAMI Park Melbourne.

Sunday 14 May, 2.35pm, Highlanders, GIO Stadium Canberra.

Saturday 20 May, 10.00pm AEST, Force, HBF Park Perth.

Saturday 27 May, 7.45pm, Chiefs, GIO Stadium Canberra.

Friday 2 June, 7.35pm, Rebels, GIO Stadium Canberra.