• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v. Blues Rd 8 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
can white drill this one from 48m?
maybe enough power, not the accuracy though.
score remains 13-3, 8mins remain in the first half.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Can someone explain to me how a player is off side in front of the kicker when all but 1 other player was behind the kicker when kicked, and the penalized player was about 20 metres from the play?

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Can someone explain to me how a player is off side in front of the kicker when all but 1 other player was behind the kicker when kicked, and the penalized player was about 20 metres from the play?

You are right. Refs don't usually call things that have little impact on play. (as little as that offside anyway)

But there are 5 specific things the refs have been told to have no tolerance on, and advancing when in front of the kicker is one of them. SANZAR want the outside backs to have maximal room to run, not that it's working tonight, it's just kicking games isn't it?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Smartest coaches.

All the things none of the other provinces or the Wobblies can do - quick ball being #1 - they do with ease.
And when they should have met their athletic equals they somehow get the better of them.
I gave Jake White too much credit!

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
brumbies with an uncharacteristic error at the back, looked like a good chance of a blues try, the brums luckily turn it and the blues get penalised in the next phase.

the resulting lineout results in the brumbies mauling it for 10m then scrappily break off and get penalised through Tomane sealing off. Blues kick the 3 and the half ends 13-6 Brumbies.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
three penalties in a row. Mowen warned. I think the commentator hasn't watched much Brumbies rugby to suggest it is a FINAL warning.
Three more to the Blues and it's 13-9 Brums.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Mogg slap kicks it flat into the gap between the wing and full back. really good kicking game for the greyhound tonight.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Great try McCabe ....Lealifanio straight running good to see him back

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
McCabe scores after sustained pressure. Double, first ever for the brums.
18-9 as White misses the difficult conversion.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Mogg and Alexander both off. Great game by both of them. Hopefully Moggs hammy is ok. He played on it for a while.
23-9 to the brums. One try off a bonus point with 11 minutes left.

Status
Not open for further replies.