• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v. Force - Canberra Stadium - 2011R09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Brumbies will be glad not to see Shepherd...

He's one Force player who always seems to play his best games against us...

The Brumbies team for Sunday:

15. Matt To'omua
14. Pat McCabe
13. Andrew Smith
12. Christian Lealiifano
11. Francis Fainifo
10. Matt Giteau (c)
9. Josh Valentine
8. Ita Vaea
7. Michael Hooper
6. Peter Kimlin
5. Mark Chisholm
4. Ben Hand
3. Dan Palmer
2. Anthony Hegarty
1. Ben Alexander

Reserves: Elvis Levi, Salesi Ma'afu, Colby Fainga'a, Julian Salvi, Patrick Phibbs, Tyrone Smith, Adam Ashley-Cooper.

Glad to see Palmer and McCabe back in the starting XV, although I wish McCabe was at outside centre or fullback.

Still no Nic White...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
*ahem* :p

However, I do prefer Gooch's team with Dan Palmer being cloned and placed on the bench...

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
Sorry Slim, just beat me to it

EDIT* ha ha, didn't even check. That'll teach me to just cut and paste.:-[

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Apparently AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has barely trained all week after injuring his hip last week...

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Apparently AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has barely trained all week after injuring his hip last week...

True. Today was his only training session for the week.
He did have a heap of strapping around his injured hip area.

Sadly Elvis did not have blue boots on.....

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Hopefully Ripia will be better off for the run last week. Shepherd has been rulled out with concussion which has resulted in some shuffeling of the deck. JOC (James O'Connor) into the centres and Cummins back on the wing. Interesting, hopefully the attack fires.

1. Kieran Longbottom 2. Ben Whittaker 3. Tim Fairbrother
4. Sam Wykes 5. Nathan Sharpe (c)
6. Richard Brown 7. Jono Jenkins 8. Ben McCalman
9. Brett Sheehan
10. Willie Ripia
11. David Smith 12. James O'Connor 13. Rory Sidey 14. Nick Cummins
15. Pat Dellit

Only just seen this, wish I had known JOC (James O'Connor) was at 12 before I finalised my fantasy team.

Am interested to see how Jenkins goes this week. After the tackling he did last week he's probably still sore! Also interested to see how Dellit goes at 15, nice to see him get a start.

Unless I'm mistaken they've swapped Cummins and Sidey. There seemed to be a lot of room down that channel last week, so maybe its to shore up the defence.

Any news on the bench?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Reserves: Elvis Levi, Salesi Ma'afu, Colby Fainga'a, Julian Salvi, Patrick Phibbs, Tyrone Smith, Adam Ashley-Cooper.

Glad to see Palmer and McCabe back in the starting XV, although I wish McCabe was at outside centre or fullback.

Still no Nic White...

White will have move franchises. This is what comes of romancing the coach's missus.:D

There's a back-up spot to McKibben open at the Tahs.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Hawko - Bench is:

16. Nathan Charles
17. Pek Cowan
18. Tom Hockings
19. Tevita Metuisela
20. James Stannard
21. Gene Fairbanks
22. Alfie Mafi

PS Re Burgo @ Toulouse: The mail is they've signed Mike Phillips from the Ospreys to cover Kelleher's departure?

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
PS Re Burgo @ Toulouse: The mail is they've signed Mike Phillips from the Ospreys to cover Kelleher's departure?

With Burgo and Phillips, their critics would have believe Toulouse would have two halfbacks and not a good pass between them.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
White will have move franchises. This is what comes of romancing the coach's missus.:D

There's a back-up spot to McKibben open at the Tahs.

Nah... unless the Brumbies recruit some high profile scrumhalf White is set to wear the no. 9 jersey next year...

M

Moono75

If the Force have an ounce of pride they will come out and do a number on the brumbies. This JOC (James O'Connor) defection talk to the Rebels is doing my head in. I expect Sharpie to come out, set an example and eat Gits head, just to make a point. I like Cummins move back to the wing. Delit to fullback....will wait and see how that goes. Smithy please have a break out game and score 4 tries.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Good to see our best player starting in his best position. I wonder how much better the backline will be with JOC (James O'Connor) at 12. Can't wait for Shep, Mafi and Inman to come back into this lineup.

How long until bam bam is back?

M

Moono75

Good to see our best player starting in his best position. I wonder how much better the backline will be with JOC (James O'Connor) at 12. Can't wait for Shep, Mafi and Inman to come back into this lineup.

How long until bam bam is back?

Still a couple of weeks. Hoping he is back for the Crusaders game to see him and Richie McCaw go at it. At this stage with the Force season pretty much shot they probably won't rush him back with bigger fish to fry at the World Cup

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Just under and hour until the telecast starts, this games a hard one to pick. My gut feeling is to go with the force. Great to see longbottom getting a start.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
anyone watching this game able to give a running commentary as I have been unable to find it online anywhere else...

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Brumbies get the first try of the game after a blistering injection of pace from Leiliifano with Giteau backing up in support dotting it down just beside the posts.

10-0, 27 minutes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.