• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v. Force - Canberra Stadium - 2011R09

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Well, the David Smith experiment finally bears fruit. His two tries the difference between the teams. Both of his tries he had to beat two defenders to score, so no gimmes there.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Immediate thoughts:-
1. Brumbies set piece is poor. Blame the injuries to both starting and reserve Hooker, but the Tahs could easily make that excuse as well and I wouldn't accept it from them. The vaunted (by some Brumbies fans) Brumbies scrum pressured the Force all game but never achieved any real functional dominance. No good having a pot plant if he doesn't dominate a fairly low ranked opposition scrum. Please note hoe Ma'afu is still doing the silly pushes in the back after the whistle. He is a fool.
2. Brumbies have no structure to their game worth speaking about. A function of not having a coach maybe?
3. Keith Brown was absolutely shocking for both sides but worse for Force with regard to the breakdown. Players rarely rolled away after the tackle. Terrible performance in this aspect.
3. Force do not do much, but what they do they do well. They will not trouble a team which executes moderately well (as the Tahs did last week) but against a poor side like the Brumbies they are always a big chance of getting the win.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Geez the Brumbies were shit from the time JOC (James O'Connor) scored onwards. Hard to believe they won last weekend. Will Elsom/Hoiles ever get back on to the field for them?

What a dud buy Elsom has turned into. Happy he walked away from the Reds now.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Doesn't matter who gets back on the field for them now, the season is over. It will be a battle to see who finishes last in the Oz conference.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Horan just asks, is that the game? With 4 minutes to go. lol

WHat has happened to Horan. He has turned intoa fool. At one breakdown he says the ref is harsh on the Force for penalising them for holding on when Brumbies did not release or roll away. The next the ruck same thing happens and ref calls a Brumbie scrum and he says "I think thats the right decision, he can't just penalise everyone all the time". FFS have some consistancy man and try to commentate the actual Laws.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
WHat has happened to Horan. He has turned intoa fool. At one breakdown he says the ref is harsh on the Force for penalising them for holding on when Brumbies did not release or roll away. The next the ruck same thing happens and ref calls a Brumbie scrum and he says "I think thats the right decision, he can't just penalise everyone all the time". FFS have some consistancy man and try to commentate the actual Laws.

Maybe he drank some of that Tassie water and hasn't recovered.... He was on the same flight as me from Hobart to Sydders on Friday night.

The problem with some of the "expert" commentators is that they feel they have to give their view at every single breakdown, tackle, scrum, run, pass, etc. It's not necessary IMO

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I remember once during a league game on fox that if you pressed the red button (or couldve been green, whatever) you could select to hear the mic linked up to the ref, or the crowd, or the commentators, or fan commentators (the latter being two regular fans calling the game - even more irritating than the regular commentators). Would love to see Rugby on fox bring it in as an option, I'd love to just watch the game, hear the sound around the ground and make up my own mind with the refs calls.

Reactions: DPK

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I remember once during a league game on fox that if you pressed the red button (or couldve been green, whatever) you could select to hear the mic linked up to the ref, or the crowd, or the commentators, or fan commentators (the latter being two regular fans calling the game - even more irritating than the regular commentators). Would love to see Rugby on fox bring it in as an option, I'd love to just watch the game, hear the sound around the ground and make up my own mind with the refs calls.

I would particularly like to isolate the audio from the Refs/AR's mics and the sideline microphones as you can hear a lot of what the players are saying through these microphones.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Much better than last week from the boys, especially in the pack. Only seen the highlights so far, so can't comment much more than that.

Our game is pretty basic and it's clear that we don't have the attacking fire power that some other teams have. This makes it all the more important to execute the basics correctly and to play smart footy. We haven't done that a huge amount this season.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
I would particularly like to isolate the audio from the Refs/AR's mics and the sideline microphones as you can hear a lot of what the players are saying through these microphones.

Problem there is the players seem to swear a fair bit so wouldn't be too kosher for TV

Status
Not open for further replies.