• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Rebels, June 3, 7:45pm, Canberra Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Steve Cummins even setting up tries for the opposition. Not much to even get excited about tonight. A couple of runs from Koroibete and Hodge and not much else.

Thank God for the test window. The Rebels won't lose next week.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Ah Wong might have scored a pinball style try. He has.
Brume 30-3, Hawera should add another two making tomikin's prediction near impossible.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
32-3, seconds to go. Ball is spilt and the brums end it at the first opportunity.

Rebels never came to terms with the soap like pill in the second.

Clinical win that sees the ponies get three in a row and more importantly sew up finals qualification.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
If an Aussie team deserves a finals berth this season, the Brums are the only ones. So, congrats and I can only hope we are around next season to right all these wrongs.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Well done to the Brumbies - winning the Aus conference rather easily in the end. It's a pity, for Aus rugby, that nobody was able to really threaten them. They've done what they had to do, and who knows, in finals time, anything can happen. Hopefully they take the whole thing. But it will be pretty tough.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Kudos to the brumbies, they did enough against a shambles of a team. Stirzacker needs some club footy, volavola a run out in 3rds and cummins to take up a non contact sport. The rest of the team might not be too bad, but you'd never know with your captain as inspiring as the guy from napoleon dynamite, the 10 as composed as the North Korean leader and your line out leader making rob Simmons contact work look like the hulk in the last scene in the avengers.

I'll give the boys a 3/10, brums a 6/10

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Well done to the Brumbies - winning the Aus conference rather easily in the end. It's a pity, for Aus rugby, that nobody was able to really threaten them. They've done what they had to do, and who knows, in finals time, anything can happen. Hopefully they take the whole thing. But it will be pretty tough.

Not confident, but they were only blown out once, so despite not looking great the ponies have been a chance in nearly every match they've played.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Kudos to the brumbies, they did enough against a shambles of a team. Stirzacker needs some club footy, volavola a run out in 3rds and cummins to take up a non contact sport. The rest of the team might not be too bad, but you'd never know with your captain as inspiring as the guy from napoleon dynamite, the 10 as composed as the North Korean leader and your line out leader making rob Simmons contact work look like the hulk in the last scene in the avengers.

I'll give the boys a 3/10, brums a 6/10

How do the grapes taste? sour?

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
I don't get your use of the sour grapes reference, he was being critical. You would normally make a reference to sour grapes to someone making excuses, so please explain your use of the phrase in this instance.
Completely disagree, sour grapes is used to reduce the value of an unachieved goal.

It's from Aesop's Fox and the grapes parable.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Completely disagree, sour grapes is used to reduce the value of an unachieved goal.

It's from Aesop's Fox and the grapes parable.

I was going to look it up and try and discredit you, but you said that with such confidence I will go along.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
I think most of society don't use phrase "sour grapes" in line with Aesop's parable.

Usually I hear people say sour grapes when others say we only lost tonight because opposition scored three tries from forward passes that weren't picked up and we weren't paid a clear penalty 30 metres out etc.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
How do the grapes taste? sour?

Sour grapes? I just ripped my own team to shreds and didn't criticize the other team.

Before you even reference a term in the future, make sure you understand the meaning.

My grapes were as mild as they come.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
OK, I think maybe some misunderstanding. I thought Rebels3 was dissing his own team too.
Let's all adjourn to something we all love - Shiggins losing his shit in the Force match thread. :D

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
I think most of society don't use phrase "sour grapes" in line with Aesop's parable.

Usually I hear people say sour grapes when others say we only lost tonight because opposition scored three tries from forward passes that weren't picked up and we weren't paid a clear penalty 30 metres out etc.

Based on the responses here I think you're right.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
First half I thought it could turn into a tight match like these teams have had in the past. The Rebels looked OK for the first 20 minutes or so with Mafi a standout.

The mixup from the restart was the beginning of the downfall for the Rebels. They played too much in their own half and the Brumbies took their chances.

Fair play to the Rebels to keep attacking late in the game but the Brumbies scrambling defence got them out of jail.

Thought Koroibete had a good game - strong runs and even a clearing kick and a mark during the game!

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Fardy was great again as well. The tight forwards laid a solid foundation with hawera having a good game in my books. What do you guys think about him playing 12 next year with CLL running the show. He's got some nice feet but ability to guide a team around im not sure, therefore a 12 in my eyes.

Reactions: mst
Status
Not open for further replies.