• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Rebels, June 3, 7:45pm, Canberra Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I like that the Brumbies have put a string of wins together and now actually can justify their place in the finals by being 8th on the overall ladder based on comp points. That said, the Stormers are only 3 pts behind them with a game in hand and play the cheetahs, Sunwolves and bulls, 3 of the bottom 4 teams.

I remain a Tahs supporter but with nothing to play for but some pride I'm now 100% behind the Brumbies in their finals quest. Go lads!

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Chris Alcock was awesome last night. How he's not the the Wallabies squad is a bit absurd. Joe Powell and Tom Banks are very very good.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Chris Alcock was awesome last night. How he's not the the Wallabies squad is a bit absurd. Joe Powell and Tom Banks are very very good.

I reckon that it's just because at 28 he's seen too old as a development player.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I figure it's because there's a good chance he won't be around next year with Poey back..........

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
But if Hooper was to get injured I think Cheika would have to draft Alcock straight into a starting gig......... he's been exceptional.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
You don't think G Smith would get the gig ahead of him? I only say that because I know that Cheika puts a lot of value in the jersey and would be reluctant to give someone a one-off debut cap. If Hooper's injury was season ending though, maybe.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
You don't think G Smith would get the gig ahead of him? I only say that because I know that Cheika puts a lot of value in the jersey and would be reluctant to give someone a one-off debut cap. If Hooper's injury was season ending though, maybe.

I wonder if George still aspires to play Test rugby? Certainly still has all the skills, if not maybe quite all the speed of old. He's a freak.

Status
Not open for further replies.