• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Reds rd1 SR2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I really don't understand this train of thought.

Browning and Ah-Wong are good prospects, who haven't done anything yet. Quirk is at this stage our starting blindside. The positions is his to lose.

Look at quirks career compared to that of the other players that signed for the reds at the same time. Gill and Shipperly are wallabies, and Schatz probably would have been last year had he not been injured.

6 is one of the more competitive positions in the reds squad, and if Quirk doesn't step up over the next few games, it is pretty reasonable to expect that one of the others is going to get a shot.

That being said I think we have seen too little of him at super rugby level to write him off just yet, and I hope he establishes himself in the next few games.

P

Paradox

My concern for the Brumbies is To'omua at 10. Unproven really. I hope he plays flat. On the flip side a confident Quade can tear any time apart and he will be confident. The Brumbies have some real strike power on the bench though. Going to be tight.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Ha, no. Just rate what the bring to teams very highly, especially Ant. Quite glad he's missing this one.

He does seem to hold our defensive structure together. We fell apart last year without him, although we had a number of personnel problems at that stage of the season.

BTW if we're concerned about the loss of ANT's defensive qualities Im not sure Morahan is the answer. Im a big Morahan fan (and am quite frankly surprised he's absent from the match day squad) but his strength is attack, not defense. He's the polar opposite of ANT.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
The big unknown from a Brumbies' perspective is what type of impact Pocock will have.
Maybe this point has been overlooked a little in general discussion.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Haven't heard much for Head Coach Graham in the lead up.
Was expecting him to be the one naming the squad for the match.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What's this bullshit by Ewen not naming his 22 in their positions? Surely there's a media obligation to release your team.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
What's this bullshit by Ewen not naming his 22 in their positions? Surely there's a media obligation to release your team.

It is bullshit. Not so much to the media as they can write just as much about how he hasn't named the side but it's pretty annoying for all fantasy coaches.

Though at the moment the Force have actually released their side latest compared to kick off time of their match.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)

the mind games are already working.......

c59183bb-547b-4c4e-b737-d1cececa4256.jpg

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)

They did this last year. I'd expect it to be released about 5:30-6pm AEDT.

You have to have it named 24 hours before the match apparently.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Uh huh. Funny thing about depth, you can lose an important player yet not have the team compromised. Exactly the case with Finger. I recognise that Finger is an important part of the Reds machine. However, I am not silly enough to write them off because he is injured. Why you might ask? Because I am confident in the guys who will replace him. Depth.

Brumbies had to lure Pocock for depth in there team. They have been far better since they lured Moore has been there...

Been watching the boys at training some Mornings. Im Confident and no that Harris,Lance,Lucas and Tap's can sort thing out just fine.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Too many key injuries to the Reds - can't seem them overcoming a strong Brumbies team in Canberra. From what I can tell, the Ponies are only missing McCabe from their gameday 22.

I'm assuming Vaea didn't make the cut? Kimlin must be the reserve lock as well.

Curious decisions from the Reds. I wouldn't have selected Toua over Morahan, but I guess Link has seen Toua and Morahan training and in the trials and I haven't. Morahan was very good in the back half of last season though, so it's disappointing to see him miss out.

Vaea has had blood clots and is out for the season.. and maybe for good depending on how it goes

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Finally

1. Holmes
  2. Fainga'a
  3. Slipper
  4. Simmons
  5. Wallace-Harrison
  6. Quirk
  7. Gill
  8. Schatz
  9. Lucas