• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Sharks, round 13 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I agree.

The Sharks team of the first few rounds with Lambie and Steyn at 10 and 12 was a completely different beast.

They are very one dimensional with Steyn at 10. Lambie mixes things up nicely and people play around him.

There are reports that Coetzee's injury won't be right either. If he's out then the advantage is very clearly to the Brumbies, and a loss against a weakened team would not be good for morale. This is one the Brumbies have to win - for the Chiefs, Crusaders, Hurricanes, Force and Waratahs as well as themselves.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
I feel like larkham will want to stamp his influence on this one.i can imagine they will both have an idea about each other with White having an advantage. I think larkham will want to surprise.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies

1. Scott Sio
2. Stephen Moore
3. Ben Alexander
4. Scott Fardy
5. Sam Carter
6. Fotu Auelua
7. Jarrad Butler
8. Ben Mowen (c)
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. Robbie Coleman
12. Christian Lealiifano
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Joe Tomane
15. Jesse Mogg

Replacements
16. Josh Mann-Rea
17. Ruan Smith
18. Ruaidhri Murphy
19. Jordan Smiler
20. Tom McVerry
21. Conrad Hoffmann
22. Andrew Smith
23. Pat McCabe

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Interesting - Fotu at 6. Hopefully the Sharks remember how he bashed them up last year. Expect he'll only last til halftime, if that.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Always find it strange why they never move Fotu to 8. Is he poor at the back of the scrum?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Shorks

15. Lwazi Mvovo
14. Odwa Ndungane
13. S’bura Sithole
12. Paul Jordaan
11. JP Pietersen
10. Frans Steyn
9. Cobus Reinach
8. Ryan Kankowski
7. Jean Deysel
6. Keegan Daniel
5. Stephan Lewies
4. Willem Alberts
3. Jannie du Plessis
2. Bismarck du Plessis (C)
1. The Beast

Replacements
16. Kyle Cooper
17. Dale Chadwick
18. Lourens Adriaanse
19. Etienne Oosthuizen
20. Tera Mtembu
21. Charl McLeod
22. Heimar Williams
23. SP Marais

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yes.

Even when he was wearing the 8 jersey in previous years, Mowen packs at 8 when the Brumbies have the feed.

Acceleration isn't his strong point. But it allows him to drop into the second phase off the scrum, and also to link or wrap on an 8-9 play.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Significantly better looking Sharks outfit with Reinach and Sithole back.

Reinach all round a much better scrummie and the midfield combo can cuase some trouble provided Steyn doesn't pass the ball to their toes.

This is no gimme for the Brums they are going to have to fight like dogs.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
All this nonsense about players being upset that Jake White dragged them to Canberra and made them part of a top franchise against their will should stop. I am sure they are all hating the fact that they played a final last year and are line for a final sport this year. I am sure they detest the horrible training environment he made them suffer in. The fact that their breakfast and fucking lunch is served to them every day. That the have the absolute best facilities money can buy.

The media is trying to whip up bullshit. Has a single player actually commented? If so they are nothing but overpaid spoilt brats.

Fox sports is trying their level best in the pregame to whip up this idea that it's a grudge match. Phil Kearns really is a dumb twat at the best of times.

Just piss off. It will have no bearing on the game. The will to win the fucking comp is all these players are thinking about you dumb numpties. One playing two. Get a bloody grip.

Can't decide today who thinks I am more stupid. The rugby press or the Liberal fucking government.

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
Can't believe F Steyn is only 26. Seems to have been playing for 20 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.