• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Waratahs Rnd 5 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Reckon if the Tahs can do what they did to the Reds then goodnight.

I am yet to be convinced that the Tahs old superior, over-confident attitude will be their downfall - consistence is the quality they have not been able to achieve in recent years despite the playing list fielded.

If they play like they did against the Reds each game of the season they will be S15 Champs and go through undefeated.

Cheika's main job will be keeping their feet on the ground and mind on the job

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I still believe that the Tahs play a higher risk type of football. Their forwards demolished the Reds in general play - if this doesn't happen, their passes become more risky and pushed and they could become quite sloppy.

Of course, I could be proven to be wrong by the end of the season and am happy to be proven so (and will admit happily to it).

But this year I reckon the Tahs will demolish teams, like the Reds, in some games, then be rather sloppy and make lots of mistakes in others. I wonder that the Tahs plan B will be if they leave the soft hands and/or accurate offloads at home.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Agree Ash.

We still don't know what the Tahs will do if their pack is not dominating, and it's going to happen at some stage.

That will tell us a lot.

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
I hope both sides stick to the running rugby we have seen so far this season :) Looks like a great match up and looking forward to the game!

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
I still believe that the Tahs play a higher risk type of football. Their forwards demolished the Reds in general play - if this doesn't happen, their passes become more risky and pushed and they could become quite sloppy.

Of course, I could be proven to be wrong by the end of the season and am happy to be proven so (and will admit happily to it).

But this year I reckon the Tahs will demolish teams, like the Reds, in some games, then be rather sloppy and make lots of mistakes in others. I wonder that the Tahs plan B will be if they leave the soft hands and/or accurate offloads at home.

I don't think that the supporters of the Waratahs need up/down performances.

JT0406

Allen Oxlade (6)
As very little of the game plan you want to reveal to the media and subsequently the opposing team. I think comments below has a lot of merit on how the Tahs intend to play the game. Confidence is everything, execution is all that's left to do come game day.

Either that or Cheika is pulling out the classic 'poker face' verbally.
Looking forward to this game.

“It’s a case of who blinks first. I think they know we counterattack they will try kick it long and pin us down there and wait for us to make a mistake. The question for us is do we try and not make a mistake or do we counter attack hard and play our best footy....I think you know what we are going to choose, so we’ll see how good we are.”

- Michael Cheika

T

Tip

Tahs won't be able to gain ascendency over the ponies forwards like they did against the Reds.

My prediction is that Mogg's left boot will reign supreme and that McCabe will give Beale the lesson he's been searching for at the bottom of an empty glass.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
does that mean, in the case of beale at least and this upcoming 'lesson', that your avatar does not apply?

Reactions: Tip

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Tahs won't be able to gain ascendency over the ponies forwards like they did against the Reds.

My prediction is that Mogg's left boot will reign supreme and that McCabe will give Beale the lesson he's been searching for at the bottom of an empty glass.

Jeez Tip - Moggy does NOT perform well under pressure and the Tahs will give him plenty of that. Personally I think KB (Kurtley Beale) is in a great place (back at the Tahs), enjoying life on the footy field and off it (properly). The bloke will get back to his best this year.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Its game day and I for one am pumped, for the first time in years Im not taking my seat at the game as it got too hard to get down there from brissy. (Im a season ticket holder on half way, my seat will go to another crazy passion Brumy).

But just want to say Rattlebones has said it best http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/b...e-spirit-of-a-tribal-feud-20140314-hvil9.html

Tah's week is massive. May the best team win, and I just hope no injuries occur..

P.S It my birthday and the misus wanted to take me out, our dinner date is at 9pm because I said I will be on the sofa yelling/kicking/crying/laughing/Cheering .... I dont think she gets it.. But its my Birthday and I will do what I want too :)

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
Its game day and I for one am pumped, for the first time in years Im not taking my seat at the game as it got too hard to get down there from brissy. (Im a season ticket holder on half way, my seat will go to another crazy passion Brumy).

But just want to say Rattlebones has said it best http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/b...e-spirit-of-a-tribal-feud-20140314-hvil9.html

Tah's week is massive. May the best team win, and I just hope no injuries occur..

P.S It my birthday and the misus wanted to take me out, our dinner date is at 9pm because I said I will be on the sofa yelling/kicking/crying/laughing/Cheering .. I dont think she gets it.. But its my Birthday and I will do what I want too :)

Happy birthday and always control your life don't let the mrs have a say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I DO hope it is a great tuss;e and I'm sure it will be.

From a Reds perspective I hope they both beat the shit out of each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.