• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies Vs Crusaders. Chch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spook

I expect to see a side like this for the Brums:

1. Alexander
2. Moore
3. Ma'afu
4. Chapman
5. Chisolm
6. Elsom
7. Smith
8. Hoiles
9. Shirley
10. To'omua
11. Fanifo
12. Git
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. McCabe
15. Huxley

A

amanda

Re: Brumbies Vs Crusaders

By Shirley, I guess you mean Valentine?

Looks a strong lineup, didn't know we'd have Fainifo and Huxley back. A little sad that Stirlo misses out, but I think AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will more than do the 13 jersey justice.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)

Looks good on paper. I'd still prefer Tyrone Smith at 13, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) on the wing and Fainifo injected from the bench.

Googy's been a good purchase... ::)

S

Spook

amanda said:
By Shirley, I guess you mean Valentine?

Looks a strong lineup, didn't know we'd have Fainifo and Huxley back. A little sad that Stirlo misses out, but I think AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will more than do the 13 jersey justice.

Fanifo and Hux are due back

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirley_Valentine. Josh has been rather petulant this season and thus deserves a name.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member

We really need to build a database of all the nicknames.
There are so many it is hard to keep up.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)

matty_k said:
We really need to build a database of all the nicknames.
There are so many it is hard to keep up.

we should absolutely build a database. i mean. why not? start a thread and sticky it, similar to the troubadours one.

onto brums dicussion, smith played well at 13 and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) played well at 15. no need to change a good thing.

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)

I tend to agree with enforcer - the team did well against the Highlanders so I'd keep it as is. Huxley and Fanifo on the bench are great options to have up your sleeve.

The more I think about it, the more excited I am with To'omua. He is still so young, but is already an excellent fly half. Great for the Brumbies and great for the Wallabies.

Can they beat the Crusaders? The short answer is yes, and that is not just wishful thinking on my part. The longer answer is, yes, but there are a few things that will have to happen:

- a very strong forward performance
- George Smith will have to get one over Ritchie McCaw (which will also mean getting better up to speed with the new tackle/breakdown 'interpretations')
- accuracy in all aspects of the game (the Crusaders love to counter attack)
- a territorial game, as like it or not the forwards are generally the biggest try threat the Brumbies have got (plus see also the point above)

anything else? maybe Hoiles could 'manage' the ref well for once.

S

Spook

The Brumbies tend to get themselves isolated a lot. A worry against the Saders

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)

Langthorne said:
anything else? maybe Hoiles could 'manage' the ref well for once.

Who is the ref? Richie vs Hoiles managing the ref. Ouch.

I back the Brumbies though. At home. Travel and all that for the heathens.

S

Spook

Blue said:

It's in Christchurch Bluey. :'(

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member

Still, Brumbies have a lot less distance to travel with the Saders coming back from Joburg.

I read today (can't find link) that the Crusaders are selling tickets for $5 to the homeless, should help fill the half-ground.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)

Spook said:
Blue said:

It's in Christchurch Bluey. :'(

Oops. Well here you go.

211_kleenex.jpg

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)

Moses said:
Still, Brumbies have a lot less distance to travel with the Saders coming back from Joburg.

I read today (can't find link) that the Crusaders are selling tickets for $5 to the homeless, should help fill the half-ground.

Selling things to homeless people. Disagrace. They should be giving it to them.

C

chriscullen

Moses said:

Not the homeless just $5 tickets for the unemployed.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member

chriscullen said:
Moses said:

Not the homeless just $5 tickets for the unemployed.
My apologies, that's corrent.. and why I couldn't find the link!

The Crusaders have enjoyed renewed support and improved attendances this season and as it's our last home round robin game of Rebel Sport Super rugby in 2010 we thought it appropriate to create a special one-off offer to a segment of our own community that has had it tough lately – the unemployed.
As a result of great support from several of our partners we have been able to create a $5 rugby ticket offer, just for this match, for those who are unemployed.

The Crusaders play the Brumbies at AMI Stadium on Friday, May 14. Kick-off is 7.35pm.
Tickets will be sold on a first come, first served basis and are available to the unemployed and their direct families.
Eftpos will be available.

This unique offer will only be sold out of two local Rugby Clubs, The Linwood Club at 56 Kearney Road,
Bromley, and from the Sydenham Rugby Club based at the Cashmere club at 88 Hunter Terrace.
Tickets will be sold between the hours of 10am-2pm from Monday the 10th until Thursday the 13th, and
while stock lasts.

Friday night’s match is sure to be a popular event – if the Crusaders beat the Brumbies they will make the Rebel Sport Super 14 play-offs.
http://www.orble.com/come-support-the-crusaders/

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

Spook said:
I expect to see a side like this for the Brums:

1. Alexander
2. Moore
3. Ma'afu
4. Chapman
5. Chisolm
6. Elsom
7. Smith
8. Hoiles
9. Shirley
10. To'omua
11. Fanifo
12. Git
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. McCabe
15. Huxley

Not a bad team but id prefer AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at fullback, huxley on the bench. Tyrone smith into outside centre.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member

More likely

1. Alexander
2. Moore
3. Ma'afu
4. Chapman
5. Chisholm
6. Elsom
7. Smith
8. Hoiles
9. Shirley
10. To'omua
11. FanifoAAC
12. Git
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) T Smith
14. McCabe
15. Huxley

S

Spook

Yes T Smith has had a couple of very strong games. He was abysmal against the Tahs. He should never kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.