• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies Vs Crusaders. Chch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Re: Brumbies Vs Crusaders

Spook said:
Yes T Smith has had a couple of very strong games. He was abysmal against the Tahs. He should never kick.

advice for the whole family I think

C

chief

Re: Brumbies Vs Crusaders

I was still hoping George Smith was going to kick that drop goal for the Brumbies. A bit disappointed to be honest.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Confirmed...
CA Brumbies v Crusaders
AMI Stadium, Christchurch
Friday, 14 May, 2010
Kick-off: 7.35pm local (5.35pm AEST)

1. Ben Alexander
2. Stephen Moore
3. Salesi Ma’afu
4. Mitchell Chapman
5. Mark Chisholm
6. Rocky Elsom
7. George Smith
8. Stephen Hoiles (c)
9. Josh Valentine
10. Matt To'omua
11. Adam Ashley-Cooper
12. Matt Giteau
13. Tyrone Smith
14. Pat McCabe
15. Julian Huxley

Reserves
16. Huia Edmonds
17. Jerry Yanuyanutawa
18. Ben Hand
19. Colby Fainga'a
20. Patrick Phibbs
21. Brackin Karauria-Henry
22. Andrew Smith

W

Wazimba2K

I would love to be at this game with a big sign that says, "Go get a job Sader Supporters!"

Or, "Will suck dick for a ticket to the Sader vs Brumbies game" :lmao:

I give the best $5 dollar blow-jobs :binkybaby

I could go on and on!

But I am being watched! :angryfire:

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Anyone else sick of the Brumbies dicking around AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) by putting him in a different position almost every 2nd week?

It must be limiting his development.

C

chief

Was just alerted that Bryce Lawrence will referee this game. This year when reffing, the home team has always won. Saders by 10, but I hope the Brumbies clean up the park.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Scotty said:
Anyone else sick of the Brumbies dicking around AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) by putting him in a different position almost every 2nd week?

Fark he looks to be developing just fine to me. The dicking around will affect some players but he seems to keep going.

What's with all the penis references in this thread? It's disturbing.

W

Wazimba2K

Scotty said:

NO! Just you! Mind your own God damn business as we chase a semi's place!

Better yet, get drunk and cheer for the Brumbies like the rest of the Force and Reds fans!

Scotty

David Codey (61)
So you are happy that you have your most penetrating runner of the ball out on the wing, particularly when you consider Giteau's habit of running sideways and crowding his outside men?

Surely he is a better fullback than Huxley. Why not keep him there and put Huxley on the bench.

Just because he can play a number of positions, doesn't mean he has to be put in all them over a season.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think he's better than Huxley and I agree with you Scotty. Whilst I don't think it is impacting his form, I think even he'd prefer to have the one spot and just stick to it. His form at fullback as been brilliant of late. Shunting him to the wing doesn't seem like the best move.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Noddy said:
I think he's better than Huxley and I agree with you Scotty. Whilst I don't think it is impacting his form, I think even he'd prefer to have the one spot and just stick to it. His form at fullback as been brilliant of late. Shunting him to the wing doesn't seem like the best move.

Thank you Noddy. Although I'm not sure that having another Qlder agree with me is going to help, judging by Wazza's post.

And to you Wazza - I will be cheering for both the Brumbies and Tahs this friday.

S

Spook

The Brumbies are just trying to get the best balanced side on the pitch. A Smith on the wing and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 15 or Hux at 15 and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) on the wing. The latter choice is better.

Fanifo and Mafi are both crocked.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Put Huxley on the wing if you don't like A Smith.

Why risk moving your only (arguably) game winning back out of his best position?

S

Spook

I think A Smith is good but he's a centre and lacks pace. Also had little experience on the wing at this level. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has played test rugby on the wing. Hux has played test rugby at 15 and I can't recall seeing him on the wing. Heavy rain is forecast for this match. Huxley's kicking game could be very handy in those conditions.

I don't see why this is such an issue?

C

chriscullen

Crusaders team to play brumbies

CRUSADERS: 15 Colin Slade, 14 Sean Maitland, 13 Robbie Fruean, 12 Daniel Bowden, 11 Zac Guildford, 10 Dan Carter, 9 Andy Ellis, 8 Kieran Read, 7 Richie McCaw (captain), 6 George Whitelock, 5 Sam Whitelock, 4 Brad Thorn, 3 Ben Franks, 2 Ti'i Paulo, 1 Owen Franks. Reserves: 16 Dan Perrin, 17 Wyatt Crockett, 18 Chris Jack, 19 Thomas Waldrom, 20 Willi Heinz, 21, Tim Bateman, 22 Jared Payne.

Chris Jack is benched for Sam Whitelock and owen franks comes in for wyatt crockett in only changes from last weeks side.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Just trying to draw a line in the sand regarding the Brumbies best back, and one of Australia's most damaging ball runners. He is the only guy that is an automatic wallaby selection that gets stuffed around this much (by the Brumbies and Wallabies).

We will only see his best when we see him stay in the same position for a season.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The Tahs kicked to Huxley all day as they knew he would generally just kick it out and not try to counter. He did, and they went to the lineout on the half way line.

With the Brumbies scoring the majority of their tries from 3m it makes sense to require them to try to score from their own half wherever possible.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Christchurch weather Friday outlook is likely wet, wild and windy... If it was on the Gold Coast it would be an opened as a water theme park during the day...

Huxley will cover the Crusaders strong kicking game, of Slade and Carter. The Crusaders will be too dog-tired to run and will kick for field position and play for penalties hoping Carter can put a few sweet ones between the posts... But it a worry for coach Blackadder as he’s kicking has been only fair this season. Furthermore the new huge grandstand for the RWC has created unfamiliar wind patterns for Carter to kick in. The Saders are so concerned about a poor crowd turn out that they have offered $5 cheap tickets to the unemployed to fill the grandstands.

Friend Playing AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) on the wing brings him to the front line and will challenge the younger outside backs of the Crusaders...

Furthermore the brumbies have the Crusaders up front. The Saders ran 2 old locks last weekend Thorne and Jack, with the short week turn around and the long flight home. After 3 straight loses the men from the south Isle will be weary... this time the heavy weather will affect them more than the fresher combatants. They will cramp, slow down and kick away possession. Effectively they will give up the advantage and defend their line for the season.

On the other hand the Brumbies have landed today fresh after two 5 point wins and are winning in form
. They'll will be settled and ready for a firer fight… and George Smith will lead the way... Brumbies +10

Status
Not open for further replies.