• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies Vs Reds. Canberra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spook

Geeves said:
The game reminded me of the games you would see around Armidale in NSW. You would get the young palyers in the university sides up against older blokes in teams from around the district. The older blokes not being as quick or generally as skillful (i.e Brumbies) woud get right into their newbie faces all game. Constant niggling, cleaning the breakdown markers out, cheep shots at the bottom of the breakdowns and scrums and constant badgering of the ref.

This won them a number of games but didn't win them a lot of friends. What would happen is that the young blokes after a couple of seasons would learn to stand up for themselves. This as mention by others what was missing for the reds was Van Humphries & Horwill. Then when the shit happpened, it was dealt with and quickly stopped. I remember a Bledisole match when Bowman was being targeted by Fitzpatrick. Eales smacked Fitzpatrick in the head, pointed at Bowman and told him to do that to Fitzpartick is he kept it up. I think alll Fitzpatrick did was laugh once he saw it was Eales who found him out.

So well done Brumbies on getting into the Reds faces and disrupting them all night. But next year I hoping that the Reds players remember the game and next time the Brumbies start it come out swinging early. Put a stop to it and get on with the game.

::)

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Gee...trust the Brumbies to finally click when they play the Reds. A very good performance from them and, as has happened for the Reds during the season, they defended superbly, and when they chanced their arm in attack the ball bounced well for them.

Can't believe it's the same team I have seen running around in the last few weeks. On that form they are back into finals calculations.

As for the Reds, a disappointing night, but everyone has had them this season. Hopefully the injury toll is not too bad and they bounce back next week.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Re: Brumbies Vs Reds

Noddy said:
I think the Reds will miss out I am afraid. I think the Tahs will make it though. Tis a feeling in me waters.

in my eyes, this is just one step closer now. Me waters are getting stronger.

Zinzan

Herbert Moran (7)
Zinzan said:
Brumbies will get up this week...........sorry Reds but last time reds were favourites heading into clash at Canberra stadium baby Brums stepped up & put 'em away.

Reds going alot better now than in 2008 but if Brumbies don't play any better, pretty sure the cold Canberra weather will get 'em.

Brums have shown they don't need to hit 3rd gear to win but they'll need 4th & 5th this week.

Brumbies by 9.

Sorry.....I meant Brumbies by 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All you Giteau haters will be sucking his **** now!!!!! You're all plastic wallaby supporters.

Scotty

David Codey (61)

Noddy said:
Noddy said:
I think the Reds will miss out I am afraid. I think the Tahs will make it though. Tis a feeling in me waters.

I reckon we can still get there with a bonus point against the Canes and 5 point win vs the Highlanders. Otherwise we are going to be 1-2 points out of the top 4, and ruing missed opportunities.

Of course if we win both games we still have a chance at a home semi.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
The Reds were very fortunate to still be in the 4. The fact is they are and any talk of them being done is crap. What team wouldn't fall to shit if they lost both locks in the first 25 minutes? It was very gutsy performance to hang in as long as they did. The Reds have built into some of their games this year ie the the Chiefs and Stormers games so I don't think starting poorly is much of an issue. Losing those locks was a killer blow.

the final shot at goal from the Brumbies, WTF. That was a piss poor option. The game was well and truely wrapped up and they Brumbies need as many points they can get.

T

tranquility

I agree. I mean the Brumbies played fantastically but we just could not get any continuity because we didn't have any locks or a THP on the park. Benny Tapuai (a young inside) was playing openside at one point for god sake. Don't write off the Reds boys yet, because you will be remembered and shamed when they make the four.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
tranquility said:
I agree. I mean the Brumbies played fantastically but we just could not get any continuity because we didn't have any locks or a THP on the park. Benny Tapuai (a young inside) was playing openside at one point for god sake. Don't write off the Reds boys yet, because you will be remembered and shamed when they make the four.

looks like we won't have a THP on the park this week and there's every chance we won't have any locks either...

T

tranquility

Van and Radike are both 100 percent.

Throw Slipper on the Bench

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Not only did the starting locks have the leave the field, but they were only 3 and 4th choice locks to start with!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Scotty said:
Not only did the starting locks have the leave the field, but they were only 3 and 4th choice locks to start with!

Yeah you guys were screwed from there

R

reflex

Geeves said:
The game reminded me of the games you would see around Armidale in NSW. You would get the young palyers in the university sides up against older blokes in teams from around the district. The older blokes not being as quick or generally as skillful (i.e Brumbies) woud get right into their newbie faces all game. Constant niggling, cleaning the breakdown markers out, cheep shots at the bottom of the breakdowns and scrums and constant badgering of the ref.

Playing for one of the University teams in Armidale in the mid to late 70's, it was not so much that the City boys were older it was that the City boys were also Wallabies. Straight out of school and I had to face a local team that contained Greg Cornelsen, John Hipwell and Peter Horton - all were current wallabies an all knew a lot more than we got taught at school.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Noddy said:
Noddy said:

waters getting stronger

Status
Not open for further replies.