• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies Vs Reds. Canberra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
If Walsh was out there I think Hoiles might have been in for another long night after that line.

S

Spook

Scotty said:
Spook said:
I thought the score flattered the Reds.

Why?

Set piece dominance, possession and opportunities. The Reds could have been penalised at nearly every scrum and could have been carded as a result (or penalty try could have been given). The Reds also got points from a few dubious decisions. One where the Brumbies counter rucked and got done for no reason I could see. Reds just didn't have enough numbers at the breakdown at the time. Rocky fluffed a certain try.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Spook said:
Rocky fluffed a certain try.

No way! He correctly identified the defensive fortress between himself and the line and wisely passed to a team mate in a better position.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Biffo said:
It was interesting to see how Hoiles handled the ref tonight. Badly again, in that he was disrespectful. That line was appalling. Love to see how that would go down with a stronger ref.
But well done the Ponies, they played well, they deserved the win. Gotta wonder where that form has been hiding.

Mr Gupta was seen in Canberra this week.
[/quote]
Like with Walsh?? You can see why Hoiles got stitched up last week if that's his style of dealing with the ref. Serves him right.

Biffo - gold mate :lmao:

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
At the risk of attracting a Shitstorm (TM - K Rudd) of horse manure upon me, can I make an observation about AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)?
Can someone tell him to farkin' pass the ball occasionally? He NEVER does. Sure he's hard to stop, and scores some good tries (and almost scores some others ;)) but he buggered at least one tonight with a big hog just out from the Reds line. If the oppo knows he will never pass, it has to make their life slightly easier.
Hynes too.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
cyclopath said:
At the risk of attracting a Shitstorm (TM - K Rudd) of horse manure upon me, can I make an observation about AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)?
Can someone tell him to farkin' pass the ball occasionally? He NEVER does. Sure he's hard to stop, and scores some good tries (and almost scores some others ;)) but he buggered at least one tonight with a big hog just out from the Reds line. If the oppo knows he will never pass, it has to make their life slightly easier.
Hynes too.

^ +1

S

Spook

cyclopath said:
Hynes too.

It's a fair criticism to make although I think he's better than he was. He does the occasional nice switch. Does he fend or does he pass?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Scotty said:
I made that same observation recently, cyclo
Apologies for the plagiarism, Scotty. I was unaware. You are obviously a keen observer of the game! ;D

S

Spook

Dunno, I think he fixes his opponent very well (chambers that is).

Scotty

David Codey (61)
cyclopath said:
Scotty said:
I made that same observation recently, cyclo
Apologies for the plagiarism, Scotty. I was unaware. You are obviously a keen observer of the game! ;D

Sorry, came out a bit wrong. Should have read 'I too made that same observation recently'. (Me and 1000 others no doubt)

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
As I mentioned back then when you weren't listening Cyclo you heel, it's the curse of the fend, or at least how AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) does it (with ball under armpit) vs how Chambers does it (ball in one hand).

While you get more offloads and creativity with Chambers' style, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s is probably safer going into contact looking for metres (and a try-line). It may be a function of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s body and hand size. :nta: Interviewing him on EOYT tour, he wasn't that big a bloke.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
No issue with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) not offloading in the tackle, but some times he could pass the ball before he gets to the defensive line to a player in a better position. Or do a little thing called draw and pass.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Gagger said:
As I mentioned back then when you weren't listening Cyclo you heel, it's the curse of the fend, or at least how AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) does it (with ball under armpit) vs how Chambers does it (ball in one hand).

While you get more offloads and creativity with Chambers' style, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s is probably safer going into contact looking for metres (and a try-line). It may be a function of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s body and hand size. :nta: Interviewing him on EOYT tour, he wasn't that big a bloke.
Now I'm worrying I had a mini-stroke and missed something somewhere! Must pay more attention.
Good point re the carrying. If I was a) not 42, but 22; b) Much bigger; c) A much, much better rugby player than I ever was; d) Less deluded I would fancy my chances defending AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) for that alone. That said, many others have failed to stop him, so he is still pretty good.
The mungoes do have the knack of the offload much better sorted in general, but it helps if you know you can't have the ball stripped in the tackle unless it's one on one.
But he could pass before that, as Scotty notes.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Agreed with both of you (and just razzing you Cyclo my lycra loving brother of another mother). He's too busy sizing up the outside break and fend to pass

Having said that....

He makes metres every time and even though they must know it's coming, he seems unstoppable from 15m out. Nice to have both styles in the team....

....which leads me a to a fanstasy WB attacking line:

9 - Sanchez: running threat
10 - Cooper: distribution and options (assuming mentally and defensively right)
12 - Giteau/JO'C; gap running
13 - Chambers: ball running and offload
15 - AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper): copyrighted, indefensible outside break

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Gagger said:
Agreed with both of you (and just razzing you Cyclo my lycra loving brother of another mother). He's too busy sizing up the outside break and fend to pass

Having said that....

He makes metres every time and even though they must know it's coming, he seems unstoppable from 15m out. Nice to have both styles in the team....

....which leads me a to a fanstasy WB attacking line:

9 - Sanchez: running threat
10 - Cooper: distribution and options (assuming mentally and defensively right)
12 - Giteau/JO'C; gap running
13 - Chambers: ball running and offload
15 - AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper): copyrighted, indefensible outside break
If they all clicked, I agree fully. If Gits goes lateral, the outside breaks are in the stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.