• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies Vs Reds. Canberra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Reddy! said:
Langthorne said:
I went for the Brumbies too, for four reasons:

1. if I'm going to climb the tipping ladder I now need to tip upsets

2. Reddy!'s hubristic attitude getting up my nose

3. the Brumbies are due one good game this season

4. the Reds are due a royal stuff up (although I guess the game against the Tahs would count)

That is the typical loser attitude I have come to expect from Australian Rugby fans and their teams. Your point number 3 is a moot one. Everyone has been waiting since round 1 for the Brumbies to have a good game, and saying they are due a good one in the lead up to each. IT AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN TONIGHT.

Go the Reds! The only true Australian Super 14 team, ever.
Ouch.
Any positive spin to put on this one?

S

Spook

They seem to make a difference. My predicition came true. Reds forwards belted.

Finally the Brumbies 12 and 13 click . T Smth should never kick the ball again.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Bumboys were great and Gitua a geniuse, gave me a reason to Braai, Reds a vokken rabble to say the least.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Quade Cooper had nothing... Brumbies forwards should be arrested for break and enter, they broke two locks.... Brumbies shut the out tonight Reds early flight home after a night on the ice...

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well, looked like the Brumbies pack got stuck into the angry pills before this one. Rocky looked like he had the shits with the world from the jump. Good team performance, and the first time they have looked hungry this year.

Reckon Jack Kennedy will be regretting his run on start in this game, but that's the least of the problems, the lock reserves are flatter than a shitcarters hat. I know Van comes back next week, but it will be tough going.

Had to laugh at the commentary quip about Git's $5000 fine being well spent to change the referee, there were some real ordinary decisions from Pollock, but that's the way it goes, and the ponies looked hungrier on the night.

S

Spook

mudskipper said:
Quade Cooper had nothing.

The Reds pack had nothing. When will people realise that fly halves are only as good as their packs allows them to be?

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Spook said:
mudskipper said:
Quade Cooper had nothing.

The Reds pack had nothing. When will people realise that fly halves are only as good as their packs allows them to be?

Got it in one. Giteau has looked crap all year behind a pack getting reamed, tonight with the ponies pack on the go, he looked good - not great, but good, and it was QC (Quade Cooper)'s turn to struggle with scraps.

R

reflex

Brumbies forwards were all over them - great to see BUT the backs were still running sideways, dropping the ball and never looked like penetrating and scoring...same as they have been all - props were first receiver way too often but at least they can catch I guess. Still a good win but a bit too late for this season I think

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Biffo yes those soxs are shocking.. Its as for the brumbies charity OzHarvest... Principal partner, CA, has offered its position on the front of the CA Brumbies jersey to the side’s number one ticketholder and charity, OzHarvest Canberra.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Welcome back Reds2009AndBefore old friend. Where ya been fella?

Can't play the game without locks. That's for sure.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Giteau kicked well, but still didn't look like a creative attacking flyhalf. After all he didn't create a single one of those tries..

Reds forwards got pummelled, but losing 2 locks isn't going to help that.

The Brumbies deserved to win, but the margin was blown out by a couple of refereeing decisions going their way:

1. Brumbies up 7-0, Reds attacking the Brumbies line and Hoiles gets away with blatant offside. Brumbies score not long after at the other end.

2. Reds get back to 14-12 down. Brumbies third try comes from a clear obstruction of Holmes at the edge of the ruck (although Holmes should have made it obvious he was taken out, rather than try and fight).

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
cyclopath said:
Reddy! said:
Langthorne said:
I went for the Brumbies too, for four reasons:

1. if I'm going to climb the tipping ladder I now need to tip upsets

2. Reddy!'s hubristic attitude getting up my nose

3. the Brumbies are due one good game this season

4. the Reds are due a royal stuff up (although I guess the game against the Tahs would count)

That is the typical loser attitude I have come to expect from Australian Rugby fans and their teams. Your point number 3 is a moot one. Everyone has been waiting since round 1 for the Brumbies to have a good game, and saying they are due a good one in the lead up to each. IT AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN TONIGHT.

Go the Reds! The only true Australian Super 14 team, ever.
Ouch.
Any positive spin to put on this one?

Reddy! isn't ready.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Blue said:

Reds didn't play well in the first 15, but after that I don't think it was a case of the Reds playing poorly, more a case of the Brumbies playing well. If the Brumbies played like that last week they would have won that one as well.

I do still get the feeling there is too many chiefs at the ponies though. Hoiles is a bit of a tosser with comments to the ref like 'I'll give you a hint'. I doubt Elsom has much respect for him. Giteau clearly disagreed with Hoiles taking the scrum at the start of the match, and you could see him shaking his head at the edge of the screen.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Scotty said:
Blue said:

Reds didn't play well in the first 15, but after that I don't think it was a case of the Reds playing poorly, more a case of the Brumbies playing well. If the Brumbies played like that last week they would have won that one as well.

I do still get the feeling there is too many chiefs at the ponies though. Hoiles is a bit of a tosser with comments to the ref like 'I'll give you a hint'. I doubt Elsom has much respect for him. Giteau clearly disagreed with Hoiles taking the scrum at the start of the match, and you could see him shaking his head at the edge of the screen.
It was interesting to see how Hoiles handled the ref tonight. Badly again, in that he was disrespectful. That line was appalling. Love to see how that would go down with a stronger ref.
But well done the Ponies, they played well, they deserved the win. Gotta wonder where that form has been hiding.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
cyclopath said:
Scotty said:
Blue said:

It was interesting to see how Hoiles handled the ref tonight. Badly again, in that he was disrespectful. That line was appalling. Love to see how that would go down with a stronger ref.
But well done the Ponies, they played well, they deserved the win. Gotta wonder where that form has been hiding.

Mr Gupta was seen in Canberra this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.