• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies Vs Reds. Canberra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Everyone told me I was a fool 2 months ago when I said we could potentially see all 3 Fainga'a brothers starting for Aus A (now the Aus Barbarians).

Not so stupid now is it.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
en_force_er said:
Everyone told me I was a fool 2 months ago when I said we could potentially see all 3 Fainga'a brothers starting for Aus A (now the Aus Barbarians).

Not so stupid now is it.

Quote?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Geeves said:
3 Fingers sounds like a punch line to a joke
Or the thickness of one of Moses' T-bone steaks he goes on about (on the Dead Beast Cooking thread elsewhere on this excellent place).

I am keen to see how C Fainga'a goes - I was pleasantly wrong about the other two who looked like lightweights in all senses in their previous life, so if this guy has the most ability....

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Just read Noddy's program for the game. Really highlights the difference in ages between these two teams. Only 3 starting Reds over 24, while the majority of the Brumbies are 'middle aged' (in rugby terms). It really should be the Brumbies that are at the peak of their powers.

Lets hope this Reds team can stay together for a few years, and build on what they've done so far.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Scotty said:
Just read Noddy's program for the game. Really highlights the difference in ages between these two teams. Only 3 starting Reds over 24, while the majority of the Brumbies are 'middle aged' (in rugby terms). It really should be the Brumbies that are at the peak of their powers.

Lets hope this Reds team can stay together for a few years, and build on what they've done so far.

Indeed, almost the same could be said about the Wallabies team.

I think the opening phase of this game should be pretty intense, whoever can get the better of the other in the opening 10minutes should go on to win the game. The Brumbies are going to be massively up for this game, having snoozed for the past 2 weeks.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I dunno. There's been at least 2 or 3 Reds games this years that have looked like the Reds were going to get pasted in the first 10 (including at least one try by the opposition) and the Reds have gone on to win.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Exactly. For about 5 years, maybe more, the Reds have found ways to lose games that were winnable. After the Tahs game I thought that nothing had changed for 2010, but since then the Reds are winning games that are losable.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Lee Grant said:
Exactly. For about 5 years, maybe more, the Reds have found ways to lose games that were winnable. After the Tahs game I thought that nothing had changed for 2010, but since then the Reds are winning games that are losable.

They've also had lots of practise on restarts for the last 5 years. Like the old joke where the new coach says "Go to your usual positions" and the team runs to underneath their own goalposts.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
I've tipped the Brumbies for no other reason except that since 2003, Australian rugby has been exceptional at dissappointing when opportunities present themselves.

I hope to be proved wrong tomorrow

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I went for the Brumbies too, for four reasons:

1. if I'm going to climb the tipping ladder I now need to tip upsets

2. Reddy!'s hubristic attitude getting up my nose

3. the Brumbies are due one good game this season

4. the Reds are due a royal stuff up (although I guess the game against the Tahs would count)

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
The way last night's games have played out means 1st spot is now in reach with a 5-point win with at least a +8 differential. Of course the Bulls have a game in hand but it would still be nice to see even for a day. I don't see why people are confident about the Reds though because all it will really take is for the Brumbies to click and we're gone.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Terrific, TOCC. Thanks for putting that up. Would have been nice to finish it off with a little Van Humphries fire-up talk :)

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Langthorne said:
I went for the Brumbies too, for four reasons:

1. if I'm going to climb the tipping ladder I now need to tip upsets

2. Reddy!'s hubristic attitude getting up my nose

3. the Brumbies are due one good game this season

4. the Reds are due a royal stuff up (although I guess the game against the Tahs would count)

That is the typical loser attitude I have come to expect from Australian Rugby fans and their teams. Your point number 3 is a moot one. Everyone has been waiting since round 1 for the Brumbies to have a good game, and saying they are due a good one in the lead up to each. IT AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN TONIGHT.

Go the Reds! The only true Australian Super 14 team, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.