• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies Vs Reds. Canberra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
These comments by Giteau suggest there is a lot more trouble in the paradise that is Brumbyland than meets the eye. As recently as Sunday I still thought the brumbies would roll the red cVnts this week but with Elsom having no friends and now Giteau's outburst I think the Reds will prevail on May Day. Link led to the tahs to our only success in canberra so he knows how to do it. The stars are lining up for our northern neighbours.

P

Phantom_Prop

cyclopath said:
So surely when you come down to sea level you should be abler to go harder? ;)

As you would know from cycling, a key factor in improving aerobic fitness is to increase the amount of red blood cells in the blood stream, which assists in the carrying of oxygen to muscles, when the guys are at an elite level the are really only two approaches to doing so. Altitude training, old school, but has been used by eddy mercx, francesco moser, chris boardman, etc in their hour attempts, AIS track squads in the 80's and 90's with great sucess. The other way to go as most cycling fans will know has been for they guys to either use EPO, or to blood dope, and unfortunately there has been more then one of the top rides being caught doing this over the past 10 years.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Phantom_Prop said:
cyclopath said:
So surely when you come down to sea level you should be abler to go harder? ;)

As you would know from cycling, a key factor in improving aerobic fitness is to increase the amount of red blood cells in the blood stream, which assists in the carrying of oxygen to muscles, when the guys are at an elite level the are really only two approaches to doing so. Altitude training, old school, but has been used by eddy mercx, francesco moser, chris boardman, etc in their hour attempts, AIS track squads in the 80's and 90's with great sucess. The other way to go as most cycling fans will know has been for they guys to either use EPO, or to blood dope, and unfortunately there has been more then one of the top rides being caught doing this over the past 10 years.
Oh, I know all that, phantom prop.
I was just having a gentle dig at Scarfy driving to the rugby last time!!

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Is anyone else predicting the Reds to run riot? The Brumbies are not in form, can't score tries, have player/coach issues, have an agenda to destroy a referees career and their most important player is out of form and out of favour with those running the comp. Too many distractions.

The Reds are coming to Canberra terribly in form and with one distraction - which is to win.

'CARN THE REDS!!!

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Jets said:
Gagger said:
Please tell me A Finger is still growing

He is about the same size as Braid. Think they both prove it is about commitment to the cause not the size of your frame that makes you a good player.

Far from questioning him as a player, I'm loving his direct running and defensive work rate, which is the style I'd like to see the Wallabies play with, rather than another little 'playmaker' waiting to kick off the other foot.

I'd love to see him get a run in the G&G, but I do have a reservation on his size for international rugby, and whether that would blunt his effectiveness as a 'direct' player at that level.

Probably he'll just fill out with age, and maybe that'll be enough.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
they'll be relying on Gits just copping a fine, rather than a suspension otherwise Phibbs might be playing 10!

Tiger

Alfred Walker (16)
Noddy said:
they'll be relying on Gits just copping a fine, rather than a suspension otherwise Phibbs might be playing 10!

Maybe the Brumbies will get into the media and demand uncontested backline moves because of their injuries?

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Gagger said:
Jets said:
Gagger said:
Please tell me A Finger is still growing

He is about the same size as Braid. Think they both prove it is about commitment to the cause not the size of your frame that makes you a good player.

Far from questioning him as a player, I'm loving his direct running and defensive work rate, which is the style I'd like to see the Wallabies play with, rather than another little 'playmaker' waiting to kick off the other foot.

I'd love to see him get a run in the G&G, but I do have a reservation on his size for international rugby, and whether that would blunt his effectiveness as a 'direct' player at that level.

Probably he'll just fill out with age, and maybe that'll be enough.

Why would his size be adequate in S14 against the same players he will face in 3N?

It is interesting how someone can be good at S14 level but are believed to not be good enough for internationals yet they play the same players every week.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Because often, while a S14 team will have a few big bastards, a test team will have all the big bastards. That being said, I like to think that if you're good enough you're big enough.

P

PhucNgo

Noddy said:

Actually might work to their advantage as then there's no excuse not to move Huxley to 10 and Cooper to 15. Phibbs can hold the drinks tray.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
They will just put AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) in at 10 for his 1405000 positional change this season.

PS A Finger must be as big as, and probably tougher than Gits, who everyone is predicting as the Wallaby 12?

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Scotty said:
They will just put AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) in at 10 for his 1405000 positional change this season.

PS A Finger must be as big as, and probably tougher than Gits, who everyone is predicting as the Wallaby 12?

He has created more opportunities for his outside men this season at least that's for sure, and doesn't get ragrolled in the tackle like Gits does. Giteau however is the best place kicker in Aus at the moment, and this, with his reputation, will ensure he wears the no.12 this season. A. Fainga'a will however smash him in the baa baas game and rightly resume his deserved position in the Wallaby team.

GO REDS!!!

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I think Giteau definitely deserves a go in a different team environment and outside a decent halfback. It'd be stupid to not give one our most naturally talented players a chance to come good in the test squad.

T

tranquility

The Reds are paying $3.5 to get up by 7 points or more. Throw the house on it......

T

TOCC

Term of the week 'redfugees', Reds fans who have been displaced to other states/countries over the years

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Hope the weather is good and the Reds don't gt dragged into a dour slogging match. Has the team been announced yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.