• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
We did- you are wrong.

Bm,

You are on fire, great banter and baiting.

I believe Knox just beat Shore 23-7 so by 16.
Waves beat Shore 45-19, so by 26.
That means Knox will lose to Waves by 10.

Looks like Knox will take fourth spot, eh!

My reading is that Barker were tremendous today, and the gap between GPS and CAS is really closing.

B

Backline_Move

Waverley can’t beat Knox at home and haven’t done so for years.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Waverley can’t beat Knox at home and haven’t done so for years.

They will, and history tells me that Waverley has won twice as many CAS comps as Knox, so you have a long way to go to catch the Big Boys, which will never happen, at Knox or at Ayres Rock.

B

Backline_Move

They will beat Knox but can’t beat a Riverview 2ndXV? Interesting.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
My guess is that at the end of the year all of us will look back on this Barker v Kings game as a battle of the two top school sides for both CAS and GPS.. Time will tell.

That is exactly what my spies out at North Parramatta this arvo told me. Two very good sides apparently.

B

Backline_Move

Well they join elite company - only Knox could beat Kings last year out of all CAS schools.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
I think Kings had the edge with the backline. The forwards were fairly even. I think Barker racked it up a few notches in the second half in the broken play and were possibly more match fit. Not much in it and great Rugby to watch.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
my 10 cents worth on Waverley ... I was pretty impressed. View might have been under-strength in the backs, but they certainly had a size advantage in the forwards. Who was the view 17? Monster!

Waverley did well to hold the View scrum ... albeit with some back-peddling

Positives - Molloy is fantastic and Waverley's line-out seems stronger than recent years, with his jumping at 2

Murphy and Moretti as I understand it are contracted to the Roosters ... and you can see why ....Murphy is living up to his pedigree

Moretti obviously wasn't playing ... but he'll be back ... as will Moretti Junior ... although presumably not as soon

I thought the 22 ...who was playing 15 ... Hutchinson-Walters? ...was possibly the best in a losing team... might not have blinding pace, but adds excellent grunt to the backs. If he is a leaguie ... he seems pretty Ok with the rugby subtleties

Andrews at 10 I have always rated ... and Mildford ... the 13 ... a very handy blow-in ... if that is what he is?

the 2nds ... with their win ....showed there is excellent depth ... and probably the only slight worry is having 2 diminutive wingers .. and knowing Barker has Gallloway ... so I think the only area to worry is the edge defence ... however nothing that can't be remedied. Or you could tack Moretti on one wing :)

either way ... in my estimation .....Barker remain firm favourites ... beating Kings only shows how good they are ....and Waverley in 2018 ... despite losing some big stars ....if they do the hard yards are certainly in with a shot at the shield

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
my 10 cents worth on Waverley . I was pretty impressed. View might have been under-strength in the backs, but they certainly had a size advantage in the forwards. Who was the view 17? Monster!

Positives - Molloy is fantastic and Waverley's line-out seems stronger than recent years, with his jumping at 2

Murphy and Moretti as I understand it are contracted to the Roosters . and you can see why ..Murphy is living up to his pedigree

Moretti obviously wasn't playing . but he'll be back . as will Moretti Junior . although presumably not as soon

I thought the 22 .who was playing 15 . Hutchinson-Walters? .was possibly the best in a losing team. might not have blinding pace, but adds excellent grunt to the backs. If he is a leaguie . he seems pretty Ok with the rugby subtleties

Andrews at 10 I have always rated . and Mildford . the 13 . a very handy blow-in . if that is what he is?

the 2nds . with their win ..showed there is excellent depth . and probably the only slight worry is having 2 diminutive wingers .. and knowing Barker has Gallloway . so I think the only area to worry is the edge defence . however nothing that can't be remedied. Or you could walk Moretti on one wing :)

either way . in my estimation ...Barker remain firm favourites . beating Kings only shows how good they are ..and Waverley in 2018 . despite losing some big stars ..if they do the hard yards are certainly in with a shot at the shield
Waverly are always a threat and well respected by Barker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Props rule

Frank Nicholson (4)
This is not a rebuilding year for Kings. My guess is that at the end of the year all of us will look back on this Barker v Kings game as a battle of the two top school sides for both CAS and GPS.. Time will tell.

You might be right about barker and the cas but I think Kings will only finish 3rd or 4th in gps this year - scots, joeys, kings or newington for mine. Barker v joeys will be a good game and joeys have scots week after that so will know more in a few weeks. Got to love an early crow

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
the best thing for Waverley ... in 2018 .....is that they have Barker at home

however as Backline will no doubt continue to remind us Waverley has to first worry about Knox at home :mad:

PS I didn't unfortunately see the 2nds match ... are there any in the Waverley 2nds pushing for higher honours? Waverley seemed to have a tonne of subs that didn't get used and didn't look remotely familiar ... who were these kids? New Zealand billets? Not trying to cause trouble .. just curious?

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
You might be right about barker and the cas but I think Kings will only finish 3rd or 4th in gps this year - scots, joeys, kings or newington for mine. Barker v joeys will be a good game and joeys have scots week after that so will know more in a few weeks. Got to love an early crow
Mmmm...that is kinda not what is being said on the GPS thread about Kings.....

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
PS I didn't unfortunately see the 2nds match . are there any in the Waverley 2nds pushing for higher honours? Waverley seemed to have a tonne of subs that didn't get used and didn't look remotely familiar . who were these kids? New Zealand billets? Not trying to cause trouble .. just curious?

Assume they would be 2nds or 16a’s players? Teams can’t carry fresh reserves. I think.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Assume they would be 2nds or 16a’s players? Teams can’t carry fresh reserves. I think.

This is 1 game.

Had some passes stuck today waves would have won comfortably, and probably should have, but to Views credit they kept coming back.
Both teams had key players out, we will see in weeks to come.

Barkers win can not be underestimated against a strong Kings side, that definitely sent a very strong signal to everyone.
I think you will find this Waverley side will find better cohesion game by game.

What will be funny is after next weeks results what comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.