• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
for a school of that size and financial ability to struggle to pull together a second xv

I don't pay super close attention to school rugby - is this true? I graduated from Cranbrook 12 years ago, and we went down to 5ths (that's year 11 and year 12 combined).

Tuamasaga

Bob McCowan (2)
I don't pay super close attention to school rugby - is this true? I graduated from Cranbrook 12 years ago, and we went down to 5ths (that's year 11 and year 12 combined).

This year, the coaching staff were offering boys spots in the 2nds (which many refused). I can't blame the boys. No one likes receiving a 50-point drubbing every weekend. I'm sure that will change in the future, as year groups come and go, but a wider, deeper issue of weak rugby culture will reduce the likelihood of that happening anytime soon. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Anything else much happening south of de border down Waverley way? How is the squad looking?

ruckman7

Peter Burge (5)
Potential Alos 1st XV with potential CAS selections after watching them play this year, not the results they were hoping for but some quality year 11s in that side

1. Ienco (Cas2s?)
2. Spalding
3. Mcneil Cas 16s 2016
4. Brennan
5. ?
6. Rahme (Cas 1s?)
7. Ryan (Cas 2s?)
8. Partington 16as
9. Disano (Cas 2s?)
10. Pollack (Cas 2s?)
11. ?
12. Spalding 16as
13. Brannagan (Cas 2s?)
14. ?
15 Westbury (Cas 1s?)

Alos are hoping for a much better year considering in 2016 the 16a's came second to waverly and the 15a's were premiers.

ruckman7

Peter Burge (5)
Potential Alos 1st XV with potential CAS selections after watching them play this year, not the results they were hoping for but some quality year 11s in that side

1. Ienco (Cas2s?)
2. Spalding
3. Mcneil Cas 16s 2016
4. Brennan
5. ?
6. Rahme (Cas 1s?)
7. Ryan (Cas 2s?)
8. Partington 16as
9. Disano (Cas 2s?)
10. Pollack (Cas 2s?)
11. ?
12. Spalding 16as
13. Brannagan (Cas 2s?)
14. ?
15 Westbury (Cas 1s?)

Alos are hoping for a much better year considering in 2016 the 16a's came second to waverly and the 15a's were premiers.

aloys will probably drop some players from 1sts who played last year most likely Fogarty to bring back in Hampton(injured0 as well as Smith who's returning to the game but a very strong ball carrier with pace and aerial skills as well as having either Brown or Allen both 16s in the 2row

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
C'mon CAS followers. It's only two months before the boys will be running around in earnest! Let's get this thread moving.

Here's my predicted Barker team:
1.Slinn
2. Pollard
3. Turner
4. Flaherty
5. Cameron
6. Wilson
7. Collison
8. Reimer
9. Tejcek
10. Ovenden
11. Bryden
12. Williamson
13. Galloway (if not staying in US)
14. Kirwan
15. Kitchener

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Common CAS followers. It's only two months before the boys will be running around in earnest! Let's get this thread moving.

Here's is my predicted Barker team:
1.Slinn
2. Pollard
3. Turner
4. Flaherty
5. Cameron
6. Wilson
7. Collison
8. Reimer
9. Tejcek
10. Ovenden
11. Bryden
12. Williamson
13. Galloway (if not staying in US)
14. Kirwan
15. Kitchener

Have the Galloways moved to the states?

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Kyle spent the last 4 months of 2017 at a Californian school as he wanted a taste of American Football. Wouldn't surprise if the school (or another college) seek to keep him over there.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
yes that is weird Waverley having 2 trial matches versus Shore ?! Not sure if there are any other anomalies

shame that Waves won't face off against Joeys, although I suspect Auggies will be strong in 2018 ... and Waverley has a lot of big shoes to fill
so in terms of Waverley v Joeys, Waves should be just happy they retain bragging rights
what about coaching ... any changes? presumably Williams has left fortress Knox ... but then again he hasn't been the main man in recent years anyway?

What about Cranbrook ... is it the same coaching staff assigned the tough task of putting together a competitive outfit ... using 2017's solid 16As?

And is the Cornish /Coleman duo still in play ... or is Cornish focus more on how his son fares with the Tahs u20s Generation Blue?
I personally think Liam was the unsung hero of the 2017 team

And mid year overseas tours? Sounds like 2018 isn't going to be like 2017

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
yes that is weird Waverley having 2 trial matches versus Shore ?! Not sure if there are any other anomalies

shame that Waves won't face off against Joeys, although I suspect Auggies will be strong in 2018 . and Waverley has a lot of big shoes to fill
so in terms of Waverley v Joeys, Waves should be just happy they retain bragging rights
what about coaching . any changes? presumably Williams has left fortress Knox . but then again he hasn't been the main man in recent years anyway?

What about Cranbrook . is it the same coaching staff assigned the tough task of putting together a competitive outfit . using 2017's solid 16As?

And is the Cornish /Coleman duo still in play . or is Cornish focus more on how his son fares with the Tahs u20s Generation Blue?
I personally think Liam was the unsung hero of the 2017 team

And mid year overseas tours? Sounds like 2018 isn't going to be like 2017

SDW,

Very hard to name teams as yet, other than some more than likely names.
True that the Waves won't play Joeys or Kings, maybe they will in 2019.

Auggies should be a tough test and I agree about Liam.

They do have some big shoes to fill but who would have thought that they would produce the individuals that they did particularly after winning the prior year, so there is nothing to say that this won't happen again.

I do believe the Waves forward pack will be pretty strong, the back row for example could be Molloy, Murphy and Moretti.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
WLF,

Agree re back row ... personally I think it should be the best in the CAS comp ... just hope Murphy remains injury free.

It is the tight 5 where on paper Barker might have the edge ... hopefully Waves doesn't persist with playing Rice at prop, and instead get him to focus on being a 2nd rower

Not sure if Thompson will recover from last years injury, but a bit of competition for the 2nd row spot, to partner Whiteman .... be a good thing

the front row is where Waverley hopefully has a good off-season ... and Coleman et al gets a few options bulked up and ready for scrum school

PS Great to see Waverley's Benny O'Donnell in the Sydney Sevens team for next weekend :)

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
WLF,

Agree re back row . personally I think it should be the best in the CAS comp . just hope Murphy remains injury free.

It is the tight 5 where on paper Barker might have the edge . hopefully Waves doesn't persist with playing Rice at prop, and instead get him to focus on being a 2nd rower

Not sure if Thompson will recover from last years injury, but a bit of competition for the 2nd row spot, to partner Whiteman .. be a good thing

the front row is where Waverley hopefully has a good off-season . and Coleman et al gets a few options bulked up and ready for scrum school

PS Great to see Waverley's Benny O'Donnell in the Sydney Sevens team for next weekend :)

SDW,

I think we will see a powerful tight 5.
Through in McGuigan, Marco Moretti and a number of others for the front row, and it will be a squad with depth.
I also believe the back line will be strong, lots of solid choices.

Ben Dono deserves everything he gets, an astute footy brain, athlete, and a great young man. .

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
WLF,

Agree re back row . personally I think it should be the best in the CAS comp . just hope Murphy remains injury free.

It is the tight 5 where on paper Barker might have the edge . hopefully Waves doesn't persist with playing Rice at prop, and instead get him to focus on being a 2nd rower

Not sure if Thompson will recover from last years injury, but a bit of competition for the 2nd row spot, to partner Whiteman .. be a good thing

the front row is where Waverley hopefully has a good off-season . and Coleman et al gets a few options bulked up and ready for scrum school

Sorry it should read throw not through, jeeze what happens as one ages.
BUT I wouldn't swap it!

Also watch the 15s,14s and new/young 13s this year, just a tip!

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Morning All

Anyone got :

1. Any intel on who the Top 3 teams figure to be in each age group from U13's to Opens ?

2. Players and their positions from U15's and upwards to watch for over the next 2 to 3 years

3. A breakdown of boys from CAS ( Schools and Positions ) who represented NSW U16 1 and 2 teams last year ( and who may have been selected to Australian U16 Merit Team )

Thanks

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Morning All

Anyone got :

1. Any intel on who the Top 3 teams figure to be in each age group from U13's to Opens ?

2. Players and their positions from U15's and upwards to watch for over the next 2 to 3 years

3. A breakdown of boys from CAS ( Schools and Positions ) who represented NSW U16 1 and 2 teams last year ( and who may have been selected to Australian U16 Merit Team )

Thanks

Can help with point 3. NSW 1 - Jordan Cameron (B - lock), Will Kablau (K- prop) NSW2 - Malachi Hawkes (T - prop), Oliver Hughes (K - lock), Ben Pollack (A - 10 and 15). None made the Merit team.

Status
Not open for further replies.