• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidelineview

You do that WLF; it will be interesting what you find out.
Waverley has a few Roosters SG Ball U18s players as well.

If I was a parent of a promising young footy player in the Eastern or Inner West suburbs, I'd be looking at Waverley as a suitable school because even though it has always been seen as a strong rugby school, it has re-emerged in the last couple of years as being an outstanding rugby school with two excellent coaches, one of whom was the successful CAS coach last season. The other one an ex-Wallaby. Both teachers.
In fact, the standard of coaching in all age groups has been impressive with quite a few Old Boys filling coaching positions as well as Randwick rugby coaches who have happened to be fathers of students.

The whole rugby program has been well run and the school has been fortunate enough to have had a talented crop of players emerge in recent years. We all know it goes in cycles.

With an impressive State and Aussie Schoolboys representation from the last couple of seasons, and with players progressing to be selected in Gen Blue squads, it spells opportunity for young players.

CNorth

Herbert Moran (7)
Well done to Waverley in being able to attract these boys for their final years of schooling. Mmmmm pub test. Fail

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Well done to Waverley in being able to attract these boys for their final years of schooling. Mmmmm pub test. Fail

Mmmmm, appears to be sour grapes on your behalf, cyclo has issued a warning beware!
A pub test is full of bar flies.

leftrightout16

Peter Burge (5)
Who are the players to watch out for in each CAS team?

For Cranbrook I would say May(Backrow),Tilley(Second Row), Hayman(Prop), O'Reily(Second/Back Row), Smith(9) and Paukutoa(Centre/Outside Back). All impressed last year but would of needed to have strong off-seasons to really stand out this season.

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
enjoying this thread , living in Melbourne it is hard to keep up or go to matches , made the Waverly v Knox match last year though ( Go Waves ) and as an old prop ( pitch ran north south when i played on it ) from Death Valley it is great to see it is so strong and get all the news and ideas . just on league players from Waverley , the college has produced some great League players , Ryan Cross , Luke Rickettson , Michael Cleary ,, Dave Brown ,, Dave Brown came to the college while i was there , lovely bloke , didnt have a hair on his body from about 16 or so as i understand it ,,

Reactions: WLF

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
To my CAS rugby followers.

I am looking for writers for the respective trial games and Henry Plume Shield games for each of the schools for Green and Gold. Ideally having a writer per school is good with each designated writer getting a weekend off on their respective schools away game. (the home school school writer writes the report).

If you are interested in assisting in this task please send me a private note on GnG.

For those who are unawares I am a Barker writer.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
The Barker schedule this year

17th March v St Stannislaus Home
24th March v CAS Rugby Sevens ( we host U14’s)
7th April v Oakhill Away
5th May v Kings Away
12th May v St Patricks Home
19th May v Shore Home
26th May v St Josephs/Oakhill Home
2nd June v St Aloysius Away
16th June v Cranbrook Away
23rd June v Trinity Away
28th July v St Aloysius Home
4th Aug v Waverley Away
11th Aug v Knox Home

Can anyone else contribute for Aloys, Brook, Trinity, Waves, Knox??

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)

7th April v Oakhill Away
5th May v Kings Away
19th May v Shore Home
23rd June v Trinity Away
4th Aug v Waverley Away
11th Aug v Knox Home

The Knox schedule is

17th March Trials
24 March v St Stannies...some teams are @ 7's comp
7th April Trials
5th May v Shore Home
12th May v St Stannies /Kinross Home
19th May v Kings Away
26th May v Riverview Away
2nd June v Joeys Home
16th June v Waverley Home
23rd June v Cranbrook Home
28th July v Trinity Home
4th Aug v St Alo's Away
11th Aug v Barker Away

WLF

Arch Winning (36)

7th April v Oakhill Away
5th May v Kings Away
19th May v Shore Home
23rd June v Trinity Away
4th Aug v Waverley Away
11th Aug v Knox Home

The Waverley schedule is :

17th March internal trials
24th March CAS 7's (we host Opens)
7th April v Shore Away
5th May v Riverview Home
12th May v St Augustines Home
19th May v Scots Away
26th May v Newington Away
2nd June v Shore Home
16th June v Knox Away
23rd June v St Aloysius Away
28th July v Cranbrook Away
4th August v Barker Home
11th August v Trinity Home

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Barker win16As v Stannies... Barker leads 2nds 19/5... Stannies forwards are very solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
It is damn hot here at Hornsby.. a very enthralling forward battle underway..neither team have an edge.. nil all in the 1sts

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
At one third time, it’s 7 all at Hornsby.. Try to Barkers Luke Reimer has woken up the Reds

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
Such a horrid day to play rugby, the weather gods are against us today.

Hoping for a successful finish to the first trials of the year for everyone involved. Especially the boys from stannies that I was lucky enough to have several links with over my career.

Any word on the Barker team lists Rod?

Status
Not open for further replies.