• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2019

P. Parker

Allen Oxlade (6)
Agree P.Parker should be a most interesting game. Knox, I believe will have the advantage of team cohesion and match fitness from its Japan tour. However, Newington displayed great style in their trial against Trinity and have the capacity to attack through their backline. Yes,Weekes will be a significant loss, but Newington from what I saw against Trinity have a pleasing amount of depth. Who knows what this depth may reveal if given the opportunity.

Other games I would find of interest will the Newington A Team games, particularly the 13,14 and 15As who could prove to be excellent opposition for the Knox Teams. A win against these teams by a Knox A team would indicate, that these teams are likely to be strong teams for 2019. Our 16As had a good win against Trinity, but is likely to be a team that will continue to improve.

In the opens, I expect Knox to dominate the middle and lower opens due to Knox's massive depth.

Finally, I have found Knox to be excellent hosts concerning parents, staff and your boys. Hence, I look forward to this Saturday.

Black & White - it should indeed be a good day at Warrawee - the Newington/Knox games of the past have been played in great spirit.

I'm not sure Knox will have as much cohesion in the 1's/2's as might be expected after the Japan tour. Four of the tourists came back injured, with two others who went on tour injured prior to departing. That, combined with a lot of experimentation with players and positions in Japan, meant that only one game over there was played with an expected starting 15.

And after Pats last week, there have been more changes - so still a work in progress by the looks.

With the slick Newington backline, the forwards battle will be crucial for Knox.

In the 16A's, Knox squeaked home against Oakhill, so Saturday will be a good indication of where they are at.

13A's will not be much of a contest I fear, while 14's and 15's might be tough for Knox too.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I was just reflecting on Knox's pre-season and thinking wow they have a very challenging trial series with Newington, Scots and Joeys. Good on them for testing their mettle.

In terms of preparation for Plume shield I dont think it could get much tougher. My concern would be how deep the roster is allowing for injuries. Hearing 4 are injured following Japan tour and 2 prior is not a good start.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
It is also the Knox Gala day so should be a big day at Wahroonga.
The Knox 13-15As are looking to see how they are tracking against strong Newington teams before more tough GPS trials against Scots and Joeys i believe.
Most interesting will be who new Knox teacher and multi-decade legendary Newington teacher Jock Canning is barracking for on the sidelines!

Yes, I know Jock and he is a top bloke, a straight talker, but a true gentlemen. He coached numerous Newington A teams and got some excellent results. Hopefully, I will be able to catch up to with him tomorrow.

P. Parker

Allen Oxlade (6)
Most interesting will be who new Knox teacher and multi-decade legendary Newington teacher Jock Canning is barracking for on the sidelines!

That will be most interesting - I hear there is at least one talented Knox player who is tipped to get to know him well over the coming months..

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Any updates from Warrawee??
Results from Warrawee
13A’s Newington 37- Knox 0
14A’s Knox 17 - Newington 15
15A’s Newington won....not sure of score
16A’s Knox 12 - Newington 5
3rds Knox 41- Newington 12
2nds Knox leading 3-0 15 mins into 2nd half

Joker

Greg Davis (50)