• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2019

Big_Senditure

Stan Wickham (3)
After a few rounds of trial games this is my ladder prediction for the CAS season:

1) Knox
2) Waverly
3) Cranbrook
4) Trinity
5) Barker
6) Aloys

1st place to be contested by Knox and Waverly who have showed real strength in their trial games with Knox in particular beating Joeys and dominating Shore. Waverly contested against Joeys until the end which is something to be praised but with Knox managing to beat Joeys at Joeys, they will feel they can go anywhere and win. Huge first game of the season at Death Valley. 3rd - 5th can all swap with each other Trinity and Barker have vs some tough opposition but are yet to show any real signs of encouragement with Trinity drawing against Shore, who were swept aside against Knox and Barker yet to win a game with sizeable losses to all opposition. Cranbrook have a solid team but lack of tough opposition in pre season will let them down. Aloys look like they will be bottom of the pile, letting in 15 points to a 3rds side is really poor even if it is Joeys. Thoughts?

Microwave

Bob McCowan (2)
After a few rounds of trial games this is my ladder prediction for the CAS season:

1) Knox
2) Waverly
3) Cranbrook
4) Trinity
5) Barker
6) Aloys

1st place to be contested by Knox and Waverly who have showed real strength in their trial games with Knox in particular beating Joeys and dominating Shore. Waverly contested against Joeys until the end which is something to be praised but with Knox managing to beat Joeys at Joeys, they will feel they can go anywhere and win. Huge first game of the season at Death Valley. 3rd - 5th can all swap with each other Trinity and Barker have vs some tough opposition but are yet to show any real signs of encouragement with Trinity drawing against Shore, who were swept aside against Knox and Barker yet to win a game with sizeable losses to all opposition. Cranbrook have a solid team but lack of tough opposition in pre season will let them down. Aloys look like they will be bottom of the pile, letting in 15 points to a 3rds side is really poor even if it is Joeys. Thoughts?

i disagree

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Yes very true, our boys were extremely powerful today against the GPS 16a front runners, and this Joeys side is the real deal.
Our boys are clearly also, and like the fantastic Waves 2017 side this side all play together at Randwick, and will probably win the Club A comp. So this Waves team is the real deal.......

Really????? Want to make a side bet on that WLF? Form over the past few seasons (including this one) may not show that is likely to happen as there happens to be another team that has had a little bit of success in that comp over the past 6 seasons. ;)

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
I don't think that these weekend results from the AAGPS site have been posted yet. Cross-posting to the GPS and ISA
Results 18 May.png
forums

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Really????? Want to make a side bet on that WLF? Form over the past few seasons (including this one) may not show that is likely to happen as there happens to be another team that has had a little bit of success in that comp over the past 6 seasons. ;)

Ha WTF, luv your passion, and so does my mate axel.
Yes , clearly your Lindfield team has a history of winning and is a very good team, guess I'm right on your team?
You won last round and deservedly so, I hope next time we have a full strength team!
In which case, you won't ....................

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Ha WTF, luv your passion, and so does my mate axel.
Yes , clearly your Lindfield team has a history of winning and is a very good team, guess I'm right on your team?
You won last round and deservedly so, I hope next time we have a full strength team!
In which case, you won't ........

I love your passion too WLF

I seem to recall that excuse being used many times WLF, will you ever actually have a full strength team when you play us? When is a schoolboy sourced (mostly) club team ever at full strength while they continue to play on a Saturday as well.

Anyway, I will look forward to the day when you manage to have your “full strength team” on the park to play us and other A Grade teams, it obviously hasn’t been in the last few years otherwise your team would have played in at least one Grand Final......

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
I love your passion too WLF

I seem to recall that excuse being used many times WLF, will you ever actually have a full strength team when you play us? When is a schoolboy sourced (mostly) club team ever at full strength while they continue to play on a Saturday as well.

Anyway, I will look forward to the day when you manage to have your “full strength team” on the park to play us and other A Grade teams, it obviously hasn’t been in the last few years otherwise your team would have played in at least one Grand Final..

Can't argue with your facts WTF.
Remember we only joined A grade last year, won B grade the year before v Blacktown.
Last year you were deserved winners.
Yes it is hard when its essentially a school team who plays on Sat, Axe and I have discussed this and agree with the degree of difficulty, but time will tell....

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Can't argue with your facts WTF.
Remember we only joined A grade last year, won B grade the year before v Blacktown.
Last year you were deserved winners.
Yes it is hard when its essentially a school team who plays on Sat, Axe and I have discussed this and agree with the degree of difficulty, but time will tell..

Ahhhh Blacktown, at least they managed to make the A Grade Grand Final last year.....

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Ahhhh Blacktown, at least they managed to make the A Grade Grand Final last year...

Jeese, I thought I was being very balanced and agreeable!
We look forward to playing you again at Waitara this year in the 16as, do you?

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Interesting that 16As for both Knox and Waverley, sound like all tied to club rugby

Yet scots 16As seem to have a large NRL roosters contingent

Guessing easts not fielding a club side?

I do find the movements in club rugby strange

It’s like airdrops

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Cranners off to Campbelltown ... I see

That’s all a bit povo ...might have to leave the suv Bentley at home

Expect another 50 points as Waverley 3rds almost beat st Greg’s

Has publican john Ryan’s son made the cranners side? He (the old man)was by all accounts a good breakaway in the 80s... made NSW schoolboys

And unlike younger brother (Patrick?)has stayed true to his cranbrook roots

Commendable

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Interesting that 16As for both Knox and Waverley, sound like all tied to club rugby

Yet scots 16As seem to have a large NRL roosters contingent

Guessing easts not fielding a club side?

I do find the movements in club rugby strange

It’s like airdrops

SDW,

I have been told that the Scots 16as are not to play club rugby, so no Easts team that I am aware of, Bolivia will know more.
Yes some of the Scots boys play Roosters and so do some of the Waves boys, as well (this year) as Club (Randwick), I believe the league has finished.

In the Rugby Clubs the obvious schools are Knox, Joeys, Shore and Barker in the Lindfield 16A side, not sure of other schools, someone else may know more, and the Randwick side is made up essentially of Waves, a few Marcellin,and a few others.
I think some View boys play for Mosman, well they did last year.

Maybe others can add to my list!

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Interesting wlf... this 16s is going to be a great age group

How big is that other second rower for Waverley... Chapman?

He must be 6 ft 7... and has some strength, mobility

If him and halaholo are both at Randwick... wow I need to get back to watching club rugby

State champs

Chip kick

Allen Oxlade (6)
SDW,

I have been told that the Scots 16as are not to play club rugby, so no Easts team that I am aware of, Bolivia will know more.
Yes some of the Scots boys play Roosters and so do some of the Waves boys, as well (this year) as Club (Randwick), I believe the league has finished.

In the Rugby Clubs the obvious schools are Knox, Joeys, Shore and Barker in the Lindfield 16A side, not sure of other schools, someone else may know more, and the Randwick side is made up essentially of Waves, a few Marcellin,and a few others.
I think some View boys play for Mosman, well they did last year.

Maybe others can add to my list!

In the 14s you have newington, kings, shore Auggies and barker kids playing in the 14A & B comps. There is a new randwick team this year in this age group, not sure where their talent came from (maybe waves & scotts). They are in the A comp but have had a baptism of fire with Western Raptors, Drummoyne (also new) and Penrith smoking them on each occasion.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Interesting wlf. this 16s is going to be a great age group

How big is that other second rower for Waverley. Chapman?

He must be 6 ft 7. and has some strength, mobility

If him and halaholo are both at Randwick. wow I need to get back to watching club rugby

State champs

Come and introduce yourself at QP this Sat v Kings, the 16as are at 9am, and i will tell you this and more!

Jason_phillips_Knox

Stan Wickham (3)
Cranbrook with 11 returning first XV players from the 2018 season have a huge chance to take home the Henry Plume shield in 2019. With new coach Mr Brad Gill, Australia school boys coach they have really been given a good chance. Cranbrook's pre-season sees them facing some weak sides with the likes of Grammar, St Pius and Armidale, but this week they take on St Gregory's in Campbelltown which will test them physically before coming up against St Aloys at Hordern to finish the 5 trial games before the CAS round.

As living in the Eastern Suburbs I like to get around to schoolboy footy and recently have been watching Cranbrook play in the St Pius and Armidale game. Their Attack is looking premium with 12 Alii Pakutoa breaking the line with his quick feet and strong upper body. Special mentions to Jake Taylor the 13 who has been firing through the line scoring multiple tries. Tasman Smith the halfback has been controlling the game very well and kicking exceptionally well as well. Paddy Tagg killed it against St Pius but didn't see him play against Armidale, not sure maybe he's injured? Other mentions to Jack Ryan, Alex Oreilly, Oliver Lamens and Will CR who have all been playing well.

Cranbrook this year have the potential to be an excellent side and I believe that they will end up on the top of the ladder with 5/5 CAS games. (Doesn’t help with only 2 home games)

1. Hugo Hayman
2. Leo Christopher
3. Ben Falla
4. Jack Ryan
5. Perry Tasker
6. Paddy Tagg
7. Oliver Carroll
8. Alex Oreilly
9. Tasman Smith (c)
10. Will CR
11. Darcy White
12. Alii Pakutoa
13. Jake Taylor
14. Max Epstein
15. Oliver Lamens

Injured:

Lachie Bible

runningrugby1

Herbert Moran (7)
[quote="

Injured:

Lachie Bible[/quote]

What's wrong with Bible? Shoulder? Have heard he is an absolute work horse over the ball. Started at Cranbrook last year but missed most the season due to injury - country boy with a bit of grit and a real handful at the breakdown. Will be a real shame if he misses out on some footy this year as he would add a dangerous element to this underrated Cranbrook side.