• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2019

Big_Senditure

Stan Wickham (3)
Looking forward to the huge matchup this weekend down at Death Valley and I think it will ultimately be the decider in who wins CAS as I can see neither team losing the rest of their games afterwards. Knox comes into this game with more wins under their belt from the preseason, with convincing wins against Shore, Stannies and Oakhill and a huge scalp in Joeys at HH. Even in the losses with Newington and Scots, they showed in the first half that they can compete with any team. The worries came in the second half of each of their losses with each game having some bad luck and controversial calls resulting a complete blowout in the scoreline against the Knox boys. But with some key players returning for the Waverly game, in E.Grobler and S.Rechner, Knox would be going into this tie feeling that they can get a result. Although Waverly only picked a one win in their preseason against Auggies, they showed their competitiveness in draws with top draw GPS schools in Kings and Riverview and a close game ending in a loss against Joeys. The Waverly boys will also have that extra edge in the fact the game is in Death Valley, with Waverly looking to bring a huge crowd out which will surely aim to intimidate the Knox boys. All in all set for a cracker of a match which will surely be tight unless we see another Knox blowout. I predict a win for the Knox boys but it will be close.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Ok into ghost mode ...No info to report on Waverley

Knox could be facing a full strength juggernaut

Or the red hot Waverley 16As could be depleted by injuries

All I will say is a good referee has been appointed

He will ( based on his joeys pedigree) allow a free flowing game, where the boys will determine the result

Altgh that ignores the power of the rugby gods... so it’s going to be titanic

Much as I dislike stereotyping...I do love tribalism

So hoping the north shore supporters bring their passion

And one way or another it will be a gladiatorial spectacle

Tipping Waverley in a high scoring affair

Not decided until last 5 minutes

P. Parker

Allen Oxlade (6)
Ok into ghost mode .No info to report on Waverley

He will ( based on his joeys pedigree) allow a free flowing game, where the boys will determine the result

Altgh that ignores the power of the rugby gods. so it’s going to be titanic

Much as I dislike stereotyping.I do love tribalism

SDW - it will indedd be titanic.

From the 16A's, through 3rd's, 2nd's and 1st's, it will be an enthralling afternoon of rugby from 12PM at Queens Park.

I hope to see you there - should I look for a bearded one with glasses?

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Just have someone (please) post up regular updates from the 2nd's match onwards - there are a few awaiting this match up with interest - I think it will probably point to the likely season winner.

Flavio

Ward Prentice (10)
Full page on the CAS/GPS comp in todays Telegraph, took a photo too tight to buy a copy, they must come here to get the team info
tele.jpg

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Odd that the Telegraph thinks St Aloysius was undefeated in the trials! Maybe losing to Cranbrook doesn't count?

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Odd that the Telegraph thinks St Aloysius was undefeated in the trials! Maybe losing to Cranbrook doesn't count?

Hi Snort, yep it's accuracy like that which drew out my comment of the mystery buyer (singular).

THP3

Bob McCowan (2)
Any predictions about the Waverley v Knox 16a game tomorrow, unfortunately I won’t be able to get there, and it’s sounds like it’s going to be a cracker of a game

FoleyBealeFolau

Ward Prentice (10)
Any predictions about the Waverley v Knox 16a game tomorrow, unfortunately I won’t be able to get there, and it’s sounds like it’s going to be a cracker of a game

Such a shame that you can't get there mate. Waverley 16A's have lost a few players to the 1XV so it should be a cracking game. Cranners vs Barker 16A's should also be a cracker, I heard that Cranners 16A's smashed Aloys who they lost to last year.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Good to see they have the soccer on the QP1 at 10:15.

That will clear the stands... in all seriousness this is a crunch game

If they can beat Knox ... they will have 6 weeks to get the team back to full strength, to face a somewhat cocky Cranbrook.

I think Cranbrook will beat Barker ... with the same game plan they tried on Waverley .... namely everyone target Moretti, only this time it will be everyone target Pollard.

It's going to be Pollard versus 8 blokes ... and I think I am starting to believe the Brook hype

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Sonny Dill

Are you insinuating that the round two match against Aloys at QP is a gimme win????

If so,,,,,,,,,,, I agree wholeheartedly with you.

I personally can not see Waverley losing their first three matches, all at home. That momentum will then be hard to stop for the remaining away clashes with Barker and Trinity.

I'm impartial, but can't see any other result than a CAS premiership to W in 2019.

My only reservation is the 10's ability to steer the team and carry out the game plan.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Ok into ghost mode .No info to report on Waverley

Altgh that ignores the power of the rugby gods. so it’s going to be titanic

Much as I dislike stereotyping.I do love tribalism

SDW, Are you going tomorrow?

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Wlf mate ... is the pope catholic

Be there for the 16As ... see u there. Hoping for a clean sweep.

Carl , I hope aloys puts up a good fight... and they will. Either way hope u r right.

P. Parker

Allen Oxlade (6)
WLF / SDW - I’m hoping for a clean sweep too.

I guess just the other way around.

Cracking day for a few good games of schoolboy rugby!