• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2019

Schooey Schooey MoiMoi

Bob McCowan (2)
After last weekend, I think people are starting to doubt Brook. Yes, they did go down to Barker by 9 but I think that came from a lack of strong trial matchups as we can all agree. Coming off a tough loss from Barker, I really think the boys from Bellevue Hill will give it to Knox both through the backs and forwards. I think we might be looking at the Red, White and Blue by 8. Lock it in!
P.S. I think the 2nds will also be a great game to watch. Both teams with a lot of skill yet also coming off tough loses last week, they'll be looking for redemption.

SSMM

HaynePlane420

Frank Row (1)
After last weekend, I think people are starting to doubt Brook. Yes, they did go down to Barker by 9 but I think that came from a lack of strong trial matchups as we can all agree. Coming off a tough loss from Barker, I really think the boys from Bellevue Hill will give it to Knox both through the backs and forwards. I think we might be looking at the Red, White and Blue by 8. Lock it in!
P.S. I think the 2nds will also be a great game to watch. Both teams with a lot of skill yet also coming off tough loses last week, they'll be looking for redemption.

SSMM

Couldn't agree more Schooey, Cranners are a dark horse in my eyes and are not to be taken lightly. I hold the boys from Bellevue Hill in the highest regard and believe they are immense along the edges and on Friday, that is where the game will be won and lost.

Hayne Plane.

Bolivia

Herbert Moran (7)

SSMM

Definitely agree that Cranbrook were a couple of hard games short of being ready last weekend.

However, I'm also lead to believe that the Barker coaching staff were all mic'd up during the game, giving real time instructions to the boys on the field. (not sure that's allowed?) That, imo is a significant advantage to 16-18 year old boys.

Hopefully the Barker game has stirred the Red White & Blue mongrel spirit, and they step it up against Knox.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
For Cranbrook North (11), White (14) and Smith (9) can create a bit of mischief. Slick players, quick and evasive. Will give the Knox backline a bit of a try out but as commented previously the Knox forwards will be a handful.

Mr Serious

Peter Burge (5)
Couldn't agree more Schooey, Cranners are a dark horse in my eyes and are not to be taken lightly. I hold the boys from Bellevue Hill in the highest regard and believe they are immense along the edges and on Friday, that is where the game will be won and lost.

Hayne Plane.

Seems like you back the boys from Bellevue Hill. Looking forward to watching the game on Friday as Ill be the one in a tahs hat with a beer in hand, hopefully you can come introduce yourself.

J Dog Fenton

Peter Burge (5)
However, I'm also lead to believe that the Barker coaching staff were all mic'd up during the game, giving real time instructions to the boys on the field. (not sure that's allowed?) That, imo is a significant advantage to 16-18 year old boys.

Where did you hear this?

bobs bunker

Frank Row (1)
For what it's worth, here is my guess at CAS 1s for 2019.
  1. Hawkes (T)
  2. Pollard (B)
  3. Hayman (C)
  4. Rice (W)
  5. Cameron (B)
  6. Gratwicke (K)
  7. Breden (K)
  8. O'Reilly (C)
  9. Smith (C)
  10. Vuki (T)
  11. Swann (W)
  12. Rechner (K)
  13. Milford (W)
  14. Galloway (B)
  15. Griffiths (K)
Unfortunately, couldn't find a place for an Aloy's player, though Allen and Spalding will go close.

Not as strong as 2018, but I think the same applies for GPS. So, CAS, with home ground advantage, could make it three in a row.

Michael_Pooper

Stan Wickham (3)

SSMM

SSMM,
Couldn't agree more, I think cranners will be extremely fired up for this supposed 'David vs Goliath' clash. Brook will come in with plenty of passion and serve a real threat to Knox that may become to complacent in their approach. If not, there is always couple of drinks with good mates to keep the rugby enthusiast entertained.

bobs bunker

Frank Row (1)
from what ive seen i think the Cranbrook 13 and the Trinity 9 will go close, particularly the Trinity 9 ( and no i am not from Trinity)

FoleyBealeFolau

Ward Prentice (10)
There is a suspicious amount of new accounts on the forums, I am starting to suspect that we have schoolboys amongst us, mocking us and our insightful views. I believe that Michael Pooper and HaynePlane420 are mimicking the nuances of our speech as a means to ridicule our great interest in the future of Australian rugby. This behaviour is not acceptable on the forums and I will be contacting the moderators.

All the best,

RL

Mr Serious

Peter Burge (5)
There is a suspicious amount of new accounts on the forums, I am starting to suspect that we have schoolboys amongst us, mocking us and our insightful views. I believe that Michael Pooper and HaynePlane420 are mimicking the nuances of our speech as a means to ridicule our great interest in the future of Australian rugby. This behaviour is not acceptable on the forums and I will be contacting the moderators.

All the best,

RL

Well said RL. I myself can also sense that we have some schoolboys amongst us, this should be dealt with ASAP>

Schooey Schooey MoiMoi

Bob McCowan (2)
SSMM,
Couldn't agree more, I think cranners will be extremely fired up for this supposed 'David vs Goliath' clash. Brook will come in with plenty of passion and serve a real threat to Knox that may become to complacent in their approach. If not, there is always couple of drinks with good mates to keep the rugby enthusiast entertained.

Too true MP (Moana Pasifika)! Especially that last bit! Exactly a year ago people were commenting on how Barker ran over Brook, with Brook not being ready for Knox the week after. Come Saturday 5pm David had taken down Goliath, decently as well. I'm backing Brook all the way for this matchup along with Waverley over Aloys and Barker over Trinity. Will we see an upset in those other 2 matchups?

SSMM

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Miked-up coaches? Disgraceful. Never would have happened in my day. Then they just yelled. I played at Sydney University when Dave Brockhoff was still around and you could hear Brock anywhere in the ground. Actually his instructions were always the same - if you were a back, “kick it!” and if you were a forward, your body height needed to be 14 inches lower.

BigDaddy

Frank Row (1)
Is it just me or do CAS get minuscule crowds compared to GPS, is the footy really that low quality or do the students just not care?

I too have noticed these discrepancies in crowd turnouts. Must be the conversion to soccer by many of Sydney's inferior private schools

Big_Senditure

Stan Wickham (3)
Predicted Cas XV 2019

1. Wilson (B)
2. Grobler (K)
3. Kablau (K)
4. Hughes (K)
5. Moretti (W)
6. Pollard (B)
7. Cheal (K)
8. Gratwicke (K)
9. Hansen (K)
10. Ovenden (B)
11. Galletta (K)
12. Rechner (K)
13. Coghill (brother of matt) (B)
14. Evans (K)
15. Pavlakis (K)

This is a pretty bizarre prediction considering Galletta, Pavlakis and Hansen have all left Knox.