• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CAS-Selctions2012

Any predictions for CAS 1sts and 2nds??

I really don't think McCormack has enough pace to play on the wing for CAS, yes he kicked 3 penalties however he missed 3 conversions. Below are my teams both 1sts and 2nds for CAS, try to be non-bias towards my school (cranbrook)

1sts XV
1. Orr (T)
2. Wilson (B)
3. Edney (B)
4. Lembke-Morgan(B)
5. Williams (A)
6. Fay (C)
7. Johnson (W)
8. Nutbeen (K)
9. Jenkins (B)
10. Clark (T)
11. Maxwell (C)
12. Stolz (B)
13. Creeley (K)
14. Smith (W)
15. Paterson (W)

2nds XV
1. Penderson (B)
2. Kitchen (K)
3. Haggerty (K)
4. Afele (T)
5. Perkins (A)
6. Bownes (K)
7. Pearson (B)
8. Moala (T)
9. Whitker (W)
10. Smeardon (B)
11. Pack (T)
12. Vevers (A)
13. Flaherty (B)
14. Wilesman (W)
15. Richards (K)

Thoughts??

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Knox number 11, had a blinder on the weekend against Trinity he managed to slot some goals and score some classy try's he ended up with 19 points. Surely a shoe in for CAS 1's and 2's? Thoughts?
The two tries he scored were straight runs to the line with no one in front of him, i.e ,. unmarked (the first when his opposite winger was off the field due to being
yellow carded).You can call that classy if you wish , but I would think that any winger in those circumstances would have found it hard not to score. As mentioned previously ,
the Knox fullback should be congratulated for making the extra man on several occasions , thus giving his wingers such great scoring opportunities.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
The two tries he scored were straight runs to the line with no one in front of him, i.e ,. unmarked (the first when his opposite winger was off the field due to being
yellow carded).You can call that classy if you wish , but I would think that any winger in those circumstances would have found it hard not to score. As mentioned previously ,
the Knox fullback should be congratulated for making the extra man on several occasions , thus giving his wingers such great scoring opportunities.

Was this the same guy that Clarke just about knocked himself out tackling when it was 1 on 1, head on and no-one between him and the goal line?

The Trinity kid that took the card may not have casued the upset, but boy he didn't exactly help the cause?

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Below are my teams both 1sts and 2nds for CAS, try to be non-bias towards my school (cranbrook)

Thoughts??

A few big name Trinity boys absent? After Saturday, not surprising. Though it wil be interesting to see if any slack is cut towards Clunies. Any other genuine CAS contenders yet to lace up this year?

A

andrew smith

Any predictions for CAS 1sts and 2nds??
CAS 1sts
Trinity..Orr (FR),Clark(5/8) and possibly Maola no.8 ,Pack wing/Waverley ...Paterson Fullback, Whitaker halfback,Wileman wing,Johnson 7 and Koutsoukis hooker
Cranbrook ...Zachariah 5,Fay no.8 /Barker...Edney(FR),Flarharty 13,Stolz 12 /Knox ...Nutbeen 6 / Aloys... Williams

rchristie3

Frank Row (1)
On an interesting note, newly appointed Knox 3XV Hooker P. Lagudi had an absolute blinder on the saturday at Trinity and will be looking to impress against Aloys at home this weekend. Lineout throws have been a slight concern for 'The Cheif' but we have all been assured that this situation will be rectified with 4XV Hooker Russell Lee agreeing to coach the youngster.
I also must strongly agree with this. as an injured knox boy who, without injury problems, would be seriously contesting the first XV captaincy, i feel as though P.Lagudi from the 3XV played a game on the weekend with invigorating courage and rugged facial hair. he seemed to be at nearly every breakdown with a ferocity that no trinity boy could match. I propose that P.Lagudi should be moved straight to the first XV for this weeks game if knox are to stand any chance of upholding their winning streak

Bill McLean (32)
A few big name Trinity boys absent? After Saturday, not surprising. Though it wil be interesting to see if any slack is cut towards Clunies. Any other genuine CAS contenders yet to lace up this year?

MOTH,

Who are the big names you are referring? Would any of them happen to be from the U/16 crop of 2011?

I agree with your nomination of young Clunies-Ross, however given his bloody awful run of injuries I believe this may see him in the CAS 2nd's (if there)!

Selectors at this level are usually very unwilling to admit recently healed (and injury prone) players into their team. He does have a big reputation though!

Regards,
Newbie.

CAS Footy

Peter Burge (5)
Oliver Delorenzo the left wing for cranbrook has impressed so far and should be in contention for a spot in the CAS 1's and 2's

H

HarveyColon

he meant 1's or 2's.....then again if he's in 2's he may be an injury replacement in 1's

H

HarveyColon

Good on aloys, at least now their losing margin will slightly decrease.
Sean Townsend couldnt play rugby to save his life. Good to see how a league player goes in schoolboys rugby.
Shame that trinity playrs will be injured, sounds like you know a lot about what's going on in the school.

well he scored 2 tries last weekend

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
I really don't think McCormack has enough pace to play on the wing for CAS, yes he kicked 3 penalties however he missed 3 conversions. Below are my teams both 1sts and 2nds for CAS, try to be non-bias towards my school (cranbrook)

1sts XV
1. Orr (T)
2. Wilson (B)
3. Edney (B)
4. Lembke-Morgan(B)
5. Williams (A)
6. Fay (C)
7. Johnson (W)
8. Nutbeen (K)
9. Jenkins (B)
10. Clark (T)
11. Maxwell (C)
12. Stolz (B)
13. Creeley (K)
14. Smith (W)
15. Paterson (W)

2nds XV
1. Penderson (B)
2. Kitchen (K)
3. Haggerty (K)
4. Afele (T)
5. Perkins (A)
6. Bownes (K)
7. Pearson (B)
8. Moala (T)
9. Whitker (W)
10. Smeardon (B)
11. Pack (T)
12. Vevers (A)
13. Flaherty (B)
14. Wilesman (W)
15. Richards (K)

Thoughts??

this is good but flaherty is better than Stoltz, and Creeley would go to his preferred centre position at inside, vevers wouldnt play 12 either, he would beat smerdon at 10.. Others you forgot: Clunies-Ross (T) - probably secured 15 despite injury, Haltmeier (B) - was in CAS 2's last year and was a standout, I'd put money on him for 1's this year

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
Did anyone see Vevers at 5/8 for aloysius, absolutely out-standing kicking game and kicked a field goal 40m out.. A big contender for CAS 1st five eight, didnt miss one tackle.. First game returning from injury as well and nearly pulled aloys over the line.. I was right in front of the try line for Barkers last try and it definitely wasn't a try and was a clear knock on but the referee asked his linesman who idiotically said try

It was a great game and Wood and Williams had great games for aloys as well.. Number 13 for Barker was dangerous all game for Barker making numerous breaks and breaking tackles.. Barker wont beat Waverley, They lack a quality 5/8

Vevers couldn't even make a penalty from the 40, this is an outrageous exaggeration.. It was great vision and an extremely good drop kick under pressure, but it was definitely within the 22. Also, nobody was closer to that try other than the touchy, and the ref did the correct thing to ask somebody who had a closer view.. the only argument an aloys supporter could possibly have is that the man might of been out, there was definitely no knock-on, and either way the benefit of the doubt goes to the attacking side, sorry there isn't video replay at schoolboy level... All bias aside, the aloys boys couldnt complain about that try as it was only worth 5 points and barker won by 9, and considering they were in the Aloys half for the last 10 minutes it wouldnt have had any influence on the outcome... The only reason why the game was exciting was because it was close, the highlight being a sneaky drop goal from 20 out, and the late appearance of a seconds player who was outstanding in defence

T

talentScout

1sts XV
1. Orr (T)
2. Wilson (B)
3. Edney (B)
4. Lembke-Morgan(B)
5. Williams (A)
6. Fay (C)
7. Johnson (W)
8. Nutbeen (K)
9. Jenkins (B)
10. Clark (T)
11. Maxwell (C)
12. Stolz (B)
13. Creeley (K)
14. Smith (W)
15. Paterson (W)

2nds XV
1. Penderson (B)
2. Kitchen (K)
3. Haggerty (K)
4. Afele (T)
5. Perkins (A)
6. Bownes (K)
7. Pearson (B)
8. Moala (T)
9. Whitker (W)
10. Smeardon (B)
11. Pack (T)
12. Vevers (A)
13. Flaherty (B)
14. Wilesman (W)
15. Richards (K)

Thoughts??
wileman must be over maxwell for the 11 jersey in the cas 1sts, waverleys back 3 are too dangerous in attack and keeping/associating these boys with other inside men such as clarke will be pretty to watch with the pace of patterson, smith and wileman,also kitchen a possible for hooker in the cas 1sts strong player who is playing well at knox

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Haven't seen Vevers , but I thought Clark showed skills with the ball not often seen at a school level on Saturday last , & demonstrated a terrific kicking game.Also pulled of a try saving tackle from fullback on one occasion.
I am told he moves between 5/8 & F.B. because of the absence of Clunies-Ross.
Also I notice Morsello has not been mentioned in the CAS predictions , even though he was in the NSW shadow team last year.
I would be surprised if the CAS selectors didn't pick him this year , irrespective of Trinity's last performance.
I would expect to see Waverly & Trinity with most selections when the team is finally announced.

ABOYS2012

Bob McCowan (2)
Vevers couldn't even make a penalty from the 40, this is an outrageous exaggeration..

Maybe get your facts straight before making pay outs like that. There were 2 Vevers boys on the field, one at 15 and the other at 10. Rory missed the penalty, while Luke hit the field goal, so different people. Luke is an outstanding 5/8 and will definitely be in contention for the CAS 2nds.

Now, to Davis' try. I was on the sideline, and I will have to disagree with you. He was definitely in, however, it did look like a knock-on, and judging by his post-try body language, he wasn't too sure himself. But otherwise you are spot-on about Aloys being unable to capitalise on territory and possession. I'm interest to see how Barker play against Waverley and Trinity in the upcoming rounds.

O

onthewatch

this is good but flaherty is better than Stoltz, and Creeley would go to his preferred centre position at inside, vevers wouldnt play 12 either, he would beat smerdon at 10.. Others you forgot: Clunies-Ross (T) - probably secured 15 despite injury, Haltmeier (B) - was in CAS 2's last year and was a standout, I'd put money on him for 1's this year
Vevers no way is a 12, the inside option for cas 1 and 2s are wide open unless creeley gets fitter, i believe the centres will be a position where in which the underdog is chosen the same as no 10

C

Cubesquare

1. Orr
2. Morsello/kitchen
3. Satiu
4. Williams
5. Afele
6. Fay
7. Johnson
8. Moala/Nutbeen
9. Jenkins/Whitaker
10. Clark
11. Patterson
12. Stolz
13. Flaherty
14. Pack/ whileman
15. Clunies-Ross

C

Cubesquare

This line up presents a wide array of combinations.

The front row made up of trinity forwards (kitchen in contention for hooker), is possibly the best front row yet to be seen in the CAS, and all having a combination of jgs, nts, nsw squad achievements next to their name, surely they will put up an awesome display against quality front row presented by the other competitions.

2nd row brings both physicality and skill, with Williams and his jumping ability and Afele's incredible ball carrying and work rate ensuring hit up after hit up.

Flankers of Fay and Johnson, fay with his dynamic ball running, but most notably his work rate which sets him apart. Johnson, in form this season, proven himself in the past.

Moala has been the best of the trinit forward pack this year, not only with his size but his running power and solid defense.

Halves are heavily under contention between Jenkins and Whitaker, interesting to see in the following weeks how they perform.

Clark at 10 will provide the unpredictability and attacking flair needed to defeat the traditionally more well drilled teams such as gps. Skill wise, is unparalleled.

Patterson and pack , both proven in the past with pack starting for CAS 1sts in 2011. Patterson has been playing well this year at fullback, however his unusual approach decision making that has up and down results , is enough to make this wing position. Although pack has not been in his best form this year, the defensive pressure placed on him due to his reputation is obvious. The combination of pack, Clark andclunies Ross will be deadly.

The centers consisting of the 2 barker members, they're team work and sense for each other games is obvious. Interesting to see if theyre position is put under pressure by others.

Cluniesross, although with his bad run of injuries , is the best fullback in the CAS competition far. The firepower that the CAS rep side needs to match the potent backs of the other rep teams

Status
Not open for further replies.