• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill McLean (32)
... Patto has the x factor and the proven league toughness and good pedigree ( his old man played for the Roosters)...

Artbeet,

Firstly love the name! I take it is has been composed from Arthur Beetson another famous Rooster!

With respect to Paterson I am interpreting your comments as this lad actually plays league as well! In other words is he a 'Dual Codie' as I refer to such players? Did he play in the HM or SG Ball competitions this year (or last)?

Regards,

T

The_Good_Old_Days

Tyson Davis future superstar of the cas, has qualities beyond the likes of Jamo, paterson and clunies-ross.
His tackling is sublime and kicking game is developed among the best in the country.
Surely he will be picked this year for schoolboys after just missing out last year.

It's a disappointing thought that players themselves or their mates would so ignorantly state their opinion in such a manner and to such an extent. I have no doubt that davies has earned his spot, yet to claim that his kicking is amongst the best in the country and to imply to his tackling sticks out more than others is pure rubbish. Clunie-Ross is also one player that i have seen mentioned repeatedly and have yet to understand as to why. I don't know if i have been watching the wrong games, but Clunie-Ross's reputation seems to outweigh his performance on last years Saturday games.

D

dane inman

waverley backline will be most of the CAS backline, tyson davies youve put alot pressure on him this game because he's going up against the best performing backs in cas.

1st XV Backs in contention

9) Jenkins (B) Whitaker (W)
10) Jamo Clark (T) 'Donnel (W) Vevers (A)
11) Willeman (W) De lorenzo (C) Barker winger.
12) Farley (W) Ceely (K) Koltz (B)
13) Creely (K) Cuppit O (W) Farley (W)
14) Smith (W) Pack (T) Kotobalvu (T)
15) Patto (W) Clark (T) Ross (T) Davies (B)

Bill McLean (32)
dylan goodearl what make a good 13 for cas 1 and 2s and should not be counted out

Agree! Not a bad player and shouldn't be discounted, however if my memory serves me correctly he didn't have a great run at the NSW Schools last year. I vividly remember the centre pairing for CAS being opened up by the huge NSWCCC centre pairing last year!

Nevertheless he is a talented lad, how has his form been thus far?

Regards,

I

International Badboy

Newbie, you don't have to wright Regards, Newbie, at the end of every post

ABOYS2012

Bob McCowan (2)
Agree! Not a bad player and shouldn't be discounted, however if my memory serves me correctly he didn't have a great run at the NSW Schools last year. I vividly remember the centre pairing for CAS being opened up by the huge NSWCCC centre pairing last year!

Nevertheless he is a talented lad, how has his form been thus far?

Regards,

Dylan suffered a concussion in Round 1, but on Saturday against Barker he definitely proved himself in defense. He was one of the few who could successfully cut down Brendan Flaherty's crashing runs, and if not in the CAS this year, definitely will be a player to watch for the 2013 season.

C

Cubesquare

It's a disappointing thought that players themselves or their mates would so ignorantly state their opinion in such a manner and to such an extent. I have no doubt that davies has earned his spot, yet to claim that his kicking is amongst the best in the country and to imply to his tackling sticks out more than others is pure rubbish. Clunie-Ross is also one player that i have seen mentioned repeatedly and have yet to understand as to why. I don't know if i have been watching the wrong games, but Clunie-Ross's reputation seems to outweigh his performance on last years Saturday games.

Because Clunies Ross is playing for trinity 1sts for the 3rd year. First year, as a 15 year old, scored 10 tries in 6 matches. In 2011, he scored 8 in his opening 3 games, with another 4 from his last 2 games. In the 5 trial games played by trinity per-CAS , he has scored 6. It is not because he is in the right place at the right time as you may argue, it is because he can cut through any defensive line, and if you still don't believe my words, watch him on his return

Artbeet

Frank Nicholson (4)
I think patto plyed Ball for the Chooks, he has also played 3 years in the 1sts and is a must inclusion

T

talentScout

I think patto plyed Ball for the Chooks, he has also played 3 years in the 1sts and is a must inclusion
I believe Paterson did make the summer squad for the chooks althogh was not picked in the final 25 squad his team mate jack Johnson also played for the chooks Harold matthews and ball. Jamo Clarke also played Harold Matthews last year with little league experience just shows how versitle he is, smith also played Harold Matthews for the chooks last season and I beleive waverlys inside was In the summer squad for souths Sydney This league background is reflected In waverlys attacking ability. On the other hand, any predictions for this weeks round and injurie updates from all teams

T

talentScout

Apologies to the young trinity centre who also played st George S.G ball this year

T

The_Good_Old_Days

Because Clunies Ross is playing for trinity 1sts for the 3rd year. First year, as a 15 year old, scored 10 tries in 6 matches. In 2011, he scored 8 in his opening 3 games, with another 4 from his last 2 games. In the 5 trial games played by trinity per-CAS , he has scored 6. It is not because he is in the right place at the right time as you may argue, it is because he can cut through any defensive line, and if you still don't believe my words, watch him on his return
Cubesquare, i dont argue that he has earned himself his reputation from the past but im interested to see if he can withstand it with tougher opposition, majorly Waverley and even possibly Knox. Within my criticisms of players, i do hope players prove me wrong and commit to their potential but these are just my thoughts.

C

Cubesquare

Cubesquare, i dont argue that he has earned himself his reputation from the past but im interested to see if he can withstand it with tougher opposition, majorly Waverley and even possibly Knox. Within my criticisms of players, i do hope players prove me wrong and commit to their potential but these are just my thoughts.

Well if you recall, last year trinity vs Knox 73-10, trinity vs waverly 43-12 of which Clunies scored 5 tries in the respective matches

T

The_Good_Old_Days

Well if you recall, last year trinity vs Knox 73-10, trinity vs waverly 43-12 of which Clunies scored 5 tries in the respective matches
you just argued my point for me.... "last year"... im not sure if clunie ross will be as dominant this year against a tougher waverley and potential knox

C

Cubesquare

Rather, the question lies within whether or not other players can withstand him

C

Cubesquare

Let's think about it this way then.
The tries scored against trinity from the 'tougher' waverly and Knox of which they are tougher no doubt, 90% have come from a winger scoring out wide. I have yet to see a centre cut through the midfield nor a forward run through the ruck.
What happens when you slot a Clunies Ross into the side? Well apart from the ability to score from literally anywhere on the field, His defence WILL stop any winger, infact I have never observed a back go past him in 2 years. When considering selection for the betterment of CAS , no one would place better at fullback then Clunies Ross.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)

It's pretty silly trying to say that Clunies-Ross doesn't play to his potential. In three years, I don't think I've once seen him fail to beat the first tackler. The issue is whether he can stay fit enough to be in contention for higher selection - he does seem very injury-prone, missing large chunks of last season and now this season. Last I heard he was supposed to be out for four weeks, which on my count might just have him back to play Barker in a bid for selection. Let's hope so - he's a great player to watch and it's a shame he's missed so much game time.

Clark I think deserves the CAS 1sts spot. He has a pretty complete game. Running and passing have always been good, but his kicking out of hand this year has been excellent (one "banana" kick last week was a freakish touch) and his defence has been very good. I think his technique is average, taken all in all, but there was nothing ordinary about his front-on, one-on-one tackle last week.

So what about this weekend? Trinity/Cranbrook will be interesting - logically you'd say Trinity but they need a real lift after last week's horror show. Knox/Aloysius is too close to call. And the big one is Waverley/Barker. Barker has had the softest draw to date and has been unconvincing - Waverley has posted two big scores in a row. My guess is Trinity to do just enough at Cranbrook, and Waverley to win over Barker, which would leave Trinity, Waverley and Barker all on three wins from four games.

Bill McLean (32)

Art beet,

I have to agree with Talentscout, I don't recall Paterson playing SG Ball for the Roosters this year, or in 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.